The UFO thread

Basic_GnR_Fan

27 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

What I don't get is why in fiction (because that's what this guy is engaging in) do alien entities all have to behave like the Federation in Star Trek or they are completely evil and genocidal. Like, why can't they just be like us and be a mixed bag?

Its a good question (ya fucking Trekkie :P).

I suck at psychology, but I know theres the whole 'alien savior' thing. Its prominent in some New Ageism. This dude somewhat made reference to it when he pointed to the claim about Aliens intervening to avert nuclear disaster. So, maybe we collectively feel the need for humanity to be intervened with by higher beings?

The second issue of 'aliens as completely evil' is, for me, perhaps easier to analyze. It may come down to how capitalism tells us that it's nature is in fact our nature. That capitalism is naturally existing -  a clear and unadulterated depiction of humanity. This lie infers that we, at our core, are genocidal and evil. So we might project that imposed identity onto other intelligent life?

What do you figure?

16 minutes ago, soon said:

Its a good question (ya fucking Trekkie :P).

I suck at psychology, but I know theres the whole 'alien savior' thing. Its prominent in some New Ageism. This dude somewhat made reference to it when he pointed to the claim about Aliens intervening to avert nuclear disaster. So, maybe we collectively feel the need for humanity to be intervened with by higher beings?

The second issue of 'aliens as completely evil' is, for me, perhaps easier to analyze. It may come down to how capitalism tells us that it's nature is in fact our nature. That capitalism is naturally existing -  a clear and unadulterated depiction of humanity. This lie infers that we, at our core, are genocidal and evil. So we might project that imposed identity onto other intelligent life?

What do you figure?

For me the explanation is simple, I just don't think many people do nuance very well. Especially when they are trying to create a fiction. And I'm also not of the opinion that the phenomena that we are seeing all comes from one source. At least I'm not dead set on that idea. There could be interstellar and interdimensional visitors buzzing around with entirely different motives. Maybe some of them turn our nukes on and off to warn us not to play with them because they are dangerous, and some do it as a dick wagging contest of "hah, that's the best you got, we're not impressed." And then you have the whole idea of abductions, which I'm more skeptical on, but if there's any truth there that doesn't imply a very Federation like entity.

Some say that humans aren't mature enough yet to be part of some space federation. They can't tolerate other humans with a different skin colour or culture right now, so how are they going to tolerate species from another planet. They still have a long way to go before they get to travel through space like many other civilizations.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Some say that humans aren't mature enough yet to be part of some space federation. They can't tolerate other humans with a different skin colour or culture right now, so how are they going to tolerate species from another planet. They still have a long way to go before they get to travel through space like many other civilizations.

But why do we assume an interstellar civilization is just like the Star Trek Federation? This just seems like a version of hyper-reality. It's possible they could be even more intolerant and more tribal than the average human is. Since I don't have very much information on these beings, I have to be open to the possibility they may not want be the type of being you want to run into in a dark alley. Or at least I have to be open that a portion of these beings aren't as nice as we'd hope they'd be.

2 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

But why do we assume an interstellar civilization is just like the Star Trek Federation? This just seems like a version of hyper-reality. It's possible they could be even more intolerant and more tribal than the average human is. Since I don't have very much information on these beings, I have to be open to the possibility they may not want be the type of being you want to run into in a dark alley. Or at least I have to be open that a portion of these beings aren't as nice as we'd hope they'd be.

I don't know anything about Star Trek, so I can't comment on that. And I'm saying what I've read, I can't have much of an opinion because I simply don't know. But the part about humans not having reached maturity yet kinda makes sense. We've come a long way since two hundred years ago, and an even longer way since the middle ages, but we're still far away from some kind of maturity as a civilization when you look at the state of the world. If there is some kind of space federation, and if there are many other civilizations out there, it would make sense that they are so much ahead of us and reached a maturity that we're not even close to. Maybe there are also many civilizations that are like us and who still discriminate and still don't even tolerate each other and they too don't have the right yet to travel through space and to visit other planets.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I don't know anything about Star Trek, so I can't comment on that. And I'm saying what I've read, I can't have much of an opinion because I simply don't know. But the part about humans not having reached maturity yet kinda makes sense. We've come a long way since two hundred years ago, and an even longer way since the middle ages, but we're still far away from some kind of maturity as a civilization when you look at the state of the world. If there is some kind of space federation, and if there are many other civilizations out there, it would make sense that they are so much ahead of us and reached a maturity that we're not even close to. Maybe there are also many civilizations that are like us and who still discriminate and still don't even tolerate each other and they too don't have the right yet to travel through space and to visit other planets.

But you're making a giant assumption that a space federation (which just happens to resemble the one from a 1960's tv show) exists. I have no evidence to make that assumption and I know virtually nothing about the beings behind this phenomenon. I think we have to be ready and open minded enough for these beings to not fit stereotypes we've been given by human minds behind popular science fiction.

9 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

But you're making a giant assumption that a space federation (which just happens to resemble the one from a 1960's tv show) exists. I have no evidence to make that assumption and I know virtually nothing about the beings behind this phenomenon. I think we have to be ready and open minded enough for these beings to not fit stereotypes we've been given by human minds behind popular science fiction.

I'm not trying to make assumptions, I'm just speculating and going with what I've read about this, no matter how ridiculous it sounds. I mean, it's kinda hard to believe that there's some kind of space politics going on that decides which planet has what right. It's hard for me to believe anything without evidence, but it's fun speculating and it doesn't mean it couldn't be true just because it sounds hard to believe or there is no evidence. A lot of people who believe this say that mankind hasn't reached maturity yet as a species, and that is something I can agree on.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

https://www.newsweek.com/our-grandfather-first-person-roswell-crash-site-1551578

The grandkids of Jesse Marcel (intelligence officer who worked with the only atomic bomb unit in the world, and who viewed crashed materials near Roswell) will be sharing the contents of his diary for the first time. Really looking forward to this one. Jesse famously shared some of the contents of the crashed wreckage with his family before returning to the base.

• Wow 1

Im so tempted to get the history channel app to watch these!

And it comes packaged with Food Network - Who doesnt want a bit more Guy Fieri in their lives? lol

But seriously this will be very cool! Unless this whole taking some to his family is one of the greatest psyops of all time! Planting seeds of deception in your own kin, a long con to spread misinfo for generations to come?

5 hours ago, soon said:

Im so tempted to get the history channel app to watch these!

And it comes packaged with Food Network - Who doesnt want a bit more Guy Fieri in their lives? lol

But seriously this will be very cool! Unless this whole taking some to his family is one of the greatest psyops of all time! Planting seeds of deception in your own kin, a long con to spread misinfo for generations to come?

The funny thing is, the guy who went out with Jesse to the crash wreckage specialized in disinformation. Jesse argued with him and told him to go back to the base and he'd meet him back there, in the interim he showed his family the stuff. Pretty sure he knew there was going to be a cover up once others got wind of what this wreckage truly was. Thus he wanted to at least show his family before that cover up set in. Probably good for his own mental health since he could then credibly talk about the incident with his family for the rest of his life. 

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

The funny thing is, the guy who went out with Jesse to the crash wreckage specialized in disinformation. Jesse argued with him and told him to go back to the base and he'd meet him back there, in the interim he showed his family the stuff. Pretty sure he knew there was going to be a cover up once others got wind of what this wreckage truly was. Thus he wanted to at least show his family before that cover up set in. Probably good for his own mental health since he could then credibly talk about the incident with his family for the rest of his life. 

Intriguing.

If the explanation the authorities gave in the aughts that is mentioned in the article were indeed the truth, than there was a cover up at the time - just not about aliens, but about spying on Russia -  and he played a key role?

Just hearing mention that they separated and Jesse says 'go on with out me, Ill catch up' doesnt quite make sense to me though. Like anytime anyone says that, there is something up! And those twos training would prepare them to sniff that out, no? Unless, perhaps they were already working together a lot and had formed trust through the years? Sounds like they were spy crafting the fuck outta one another. Like the disinfo guy wasnt duped and followed him, etc?

You make compelling points and your suggestion about good for mental health hit home at first. But reflecting more and I cant reconcile a guy who made nukes and planned their only use in history was concerned with his long term mental health (nor had any to begin with!)?

2 hours ago, soon said:

Intriguing.

If the explanation the authorities gave in the aughts that is mentioned in the article were indeed the truth, than there was a cover up at the time - just not about aliens, but about spying on Russia -  and he played a key role?

Just hearing mention that they separated and Jesse says 'go on with out me, Ill catch up' doesnt quite make sense to me though. Like anytime anyone says that, there is something up! And those twos training would prepare them to sniff that out, no? Unless, perhaps they were already working together a lot and had formed trust through the years? Sounds like they were spy crafting the fuck outta one another. Like the disinfo guy wasnt duped and followed him, etc?

You make compelling points and your suggestion about good for mental health hit home at first. But reflecting more and I cant reconcile a guy who made nukes and planned their only use in history was concerned with his long term mental health (nor had any to begin with!)?

He recounts the story passed on down to him here, apparently it was a heated argument for him to leave.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

He recounts the story passed on down to him here, apparently it was a heated argument for him to leave.

It somehow ended up being time stamped at 12 minutes. So last night and this morning I watched from 12 minute till end, thinking "where does he discuss this?" And Ive now found it at 5 mins lol

That story still doesnt sit right with me. Here he tells that Jesse made his position clear to the disinfo officer - that the debris was otherwordly. How that convinces him to leave is beyond me? In fact wouldnt it make him insist on staying - or asking Jesse to leave?

The only thing I can think of is that Jesse is army and the other a civilian. Could be a factor of intimidation and/or societal conditioning to defer to the military man?

4 hours ago, soon said:

It somehow ended up being time stamped at 12 minutes. So last night and this morning I watched from 12 minute till end, thinking "where does he discuss this?" And Ive now found it at 5 mins lol

That story still doesnt sit right with me. Here he tells that Jesse made his position clear to the disinfo officer - that the debris was otherwordly. How that convinces him to leave is beyond me? In fact wouldnt it make him insist on staying - or asking Jesse to leave?

The only thing I can think of is that Jesse is army and the other a civilian. Could be a factor of intimidation and/or societal conditioning to defer to the military man?

Either that or Jesse just had a higher rank. He would have been one of the most important intelligence officers in the world at the time, working on the only atomic bomber base. Either way I'm glad he did it!

18 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Either that or Jesse just had a higher rank. He would have been one of the most important intelligence officers in the world at the time, working on the only atomic bomber base. Either way I'm glad he did it!

I dont know how civilian federal staff and military rank intersect there? But yeah, the steal eyes of a nuclear maniac might pull rank!

Maybe as soon as Jesse said his opinion, the disinfo guy was like "Huh, I was trying to figure out to make that the official story... Ill just let you do the heavy lifting." *Goes home and puts feet up, sips scotch*

Dont get me wrong, Im happy to believe that the family saw what they saw brought home. But this section of the story seems off still.

Did you get to see the episodes so far?

3 hours ago, soon said:

I dont know how civilian federal staff and military rank intersect there? But yeah, the steal eyes of a nuclear maniac might pull rank!

Maybe as soon as Jesse said his opinion, the disinfo guy was like "Huh, I was trying to figure out to make that the official story... Ill just let you do the heavy lifting." *Goes home and puts feet up, sips scotch*

Dont get me wrong, Im happy to believe that the family saw what they saw brought home. But this section of the story seems off still.

Did you get to see the episodes so far?

On the episode, one of the investigators of the case gave the name of the other guy with Marcel and he was indeed a guy who worked on the base. The story he told was a little different. Since it was just two of them, Marcel gathered up what he could in the car to bring it back to the base, while the other guy was gathering everything from the field and moving it all to one area so they could easily pack it up later. On Marcel's way back to the base he made a stop at his house to show his family the materials. They also showed a clip of Marcel Jr, who gave an interview in the 90's about how he saw the material as a kid and it was unlike anything he'd ever seen.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

On the episode, one of the investigators of the case gave the name of the other guy with Marcel and he was indeed a guy who worked on the base. The story he told was a little different. Since it was just two of them, Marcel gathered up what he could in the car to bring it back to the base, while the other guy was gathering everything from the field and moving it all to one area so they could easily pack it up later. On Marcel's way back to the base he made a stop at his house to show his family the materials. They also showed a clip of Marcel Jr, who gave an interview in the 90's about how he saw the material as a kid and it was unlike anything he'd ever seen.

Thanks for info. Interesting stuff. I can imagine how if disinfo guy worked on base that even if civilian, he’d quickly yield to Jesse Marcel.

Two perhaps ‘bookish’ dudes in a field moving around debris is such a contrast to the blue berets of x files crash retrieval units!

• 2 weeks later...

Within all that money given away in that big Omnibus bill, a small part of that that has to do with UAP's. 

https://thedebrief.org/uap-task-force-set-in-motion-with-passage-of-intelligence-authorization-act/

With the recent passing of the Omnibus, seemingly the clock is ticking and The Pentagon’s UAP Task Force now has 180 days to provide the Senate Intelligence Committee with their unclassified report detailing The Pentagon’s current investigations into UFOs. 

I actually didn't know about this case until recently (maybe I had heard of it before but just forgot about it) but for you Britbongs, there was a famous incident in 1990 in Calvine.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6144270/ufo-sighting-cavine-scotland-aliens-ministry-of-defence/

It was up-close-and-personal, had been taken in broad daylight, and showed a large diamond-shaped craft.

I soon got the story out of my predecessor and read the file myself. It was an extraordinary tale: two men had been out hiking near Calvine in Scotland.

Suddenly, they’d seen a massive UFO hanging in the sky above their heads, silent, motionless and menacing. Awestruck, they shot off six photographs before the object accelerated away at immense speed – vertically!

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/secret-ufo-dossier-1990-scottish-22824456

A secret dossier into one of the UK's most famous UFO sightings will be sealed from the public for another 50 years.

Well isn't that just a kick in the dick!

5 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I actually didn't know about this case until recently (maybe I had heard of it before but just forgot about it) but for you Britbongs, there was a famous incident in 1990 in Calvine.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/6144270/ufo-sighting-cavine-scotland-aliens-ministry-of-defence/

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottish-news/secret-ufo-dossier-1990-scottish-22824456

Well isn't that just a kick in the dick!

I don't get it.  What type of reasoning do they have to "seal it" for another 50 years?  To protect the witnesses?  National security?  

This seems interesting...and backed by "scientific" observations made by a Harvard professor... 

A Harvard professor says an alien visited in 2017 — and more are coming

When the first sign of intelligent life first visits us from space, it won’t be a giant saucer hovering over New York. More likely, it will be an alien civilization’s trash. 

Avi Loeb, the chair of Harvard’s Department of Astronomy, believes he’s already found some of that garbage. 

In his upcoming book, “Extraterrestrial: The First Sign of Intelligent Life Beyond Earth” (Houghton Mifflin Harcourt), out Jan. 26, the professor lays out a compelling case for why an object that recently wandered into our solar system was not just another rock but actually a piece of alien technology. 

The object in question traveled toward our solar system from the direction of Vega, a nearby star 25 light-years away, and intercepted our solar system’s orbital plane on Sept. 6, 2017. 

On Sept. 9, its trajectory brought it closest to the sun. At the end of September, it blasted at about 58,900 miles per hour past Venus’ orbital distance, and then, on Oct. 7, it shot past Earth’s before “moving swiftly toward the constellation Pegasus and the blackness beyond,” Loeb writes in the book. 

The object was first spotted by an observatory in Hawaii containing the Panoramic Survey Telescope and Rapid Response System (Pan-STARRS) — the highest definition telescope on earth. 

The space object was dubbed ‘Oumuamua (pronounced “oh moo ah moo ah”), which is Hawaiian for — roughly — “scout.” 

As space travelers go, it was relatively small at just about 100 yards long, but it was a big deal in the scientific community. 

For starters, it was the first interstellar object ever detected inside our solar system. Judging from the object’s trajectory, astronomers concluded it was not bound by the sun’s gravity — which suggested it was just traveling through. 

No crisp photos could be taken, but astronomers were able to train their telescopes on the object for 11 days, collecting reams of other data. 

At first, scientists thought it was an ordinary comet. But Loeb said that assumption ran the risk of allowing “the familiar to define what we might discover.” 

“What would happen if a caveman saw a cellphone?” he asked. “He’s seen rocks all his life, and he would have thought it was just a shiny rock.” 

Loeb soon opened his mind to another possibility: It was not a comet but discarded tech from an alien civilization. 

A number of unusual properties about the object helped Loeb make this conclusion. 

First were ‘Oumuamua’s dimensions. 

Astronomers looked at the way the object reflected sunlight. Its brightness varied tenfold every eight hours, suggesting that was the amount of time it took for it to complete a full rotation. 

Scientists concluded the object was at least five to ten times longer than it was wide — sort of like the shape of a cigar. 

No naturally occurring space body we’ve ever seen has looked like it — or even close. 

“This would make ‘Oumuamua’s geometry more extreme by at least a few times in aspect ratio — or its width to its height — than the most extreme asteroids or comets that we have ever seen,” Loeb writes in his book. 

What’s more, ‘Oumuamua was unusually bright. It was at least “ten times more reflective than typical solar system [stony] asteroids or comets,” the author writes. 

He likens its surface to that of shiny metal. 

But the anomaly that really pushed Loeb toward his E.T. hypothesis was the way ‘Oumuamua moved. 

“The excess push away from the sun — that was the thing that broke the camel’s back,” he said. 

Using physics, scientists can calculate the exact path an object should take and what speed it should travel due to the gravitational force exerted by the sun. The sun’s pull will speed up an object massively as it gets closer, then kick it out the other side, only for the object to slow considerably as it gets farther away. 

But ‘Oumuamua didn’t follow this calculated trajectory. The object, in fact, accelerated “slightly, but to a highly statistically significant extent,” Loeb writes, as it moved away from the sun. 

In other words, it was clearly being pushed by a force besides the sun’s gravity alone. 

At first the explanation seemed simple. Comets show a similar acceleration, because as they approach the sun, their surface is warmed, releasing once-frozen gases, which act like a rocket engine. 

Those released materials, however, form a comet’s distinctive tail. Scientists looked carefully for that tail or any sign of gases or dust that might propel ‘Oumuamua and came up empty. 

Loeb calculated that with these and other anomalies, the chances that ‘Oumuamua was some random comet was around one in a quadrillion, leading him to his blockbuster hypothesis. 

But what was it exactly? 

One possibility, weirdly enough, could be found in technology we already have here on earth. 

Some 400 years ago, astronomer Johannes Kepler observed comet tails blowing in what looked like a solar breeze and wondered if that same force could propel rocket ships through space like the wind pushes boats through water. 

It was a smart idea that scientists now use to develop light sails for probes. Thin, reflective sheeting is unfurled in space to capture the particles streaming off the sun, propelling a ship at great speeds through the empty void. Alternatively, powerful lasers from earth could be aimed at the sail to make it go even faster. 

image.png.66068de2d12b6b7adfddf6162354ae4a.png

Artist’s impression of possible shapes for `Oumuamua. Some experts believe it’s cigar shaped (above right) but Loeb contends it looks more like a sail (left).

Loeb, who is involved in a light-sail project to send a tiny, unmanned craft to a nearby star, said if we earthlings have thought of this idea, then why couldn’t aliens? 

He and a colleague crunched the numbers and hypothesized that ‘Oumuamua was not actually cigar-shaped but possibly a disk less than a millimeter thick, with sail-like proportions that would account for its unusual acceleration as it moved away from the sun. 

As to its purpose, Loeb isn’t entirely sure. He speculated it could be “space junk” that once served as a kind of space navigation buoy used by a long-ago civilization. 

“The only way to look for [alien civilizations] is to look for their trash, like investigative journalists who look through celebrities’ trash,” Loeb said. 

Of course, not everyone in the scientific community agrees with his theory. 

In July 2019, the ‘Oumuamua Team of the International Space Science Institute published an article in Nature Astronomy concluding, “We find no compelling evidence to favor an alien explanation for ‘Oumuamua.” 

Loeb admits his theories have raised astronomers’ eyebrows, but he is resolute about his findings. “Some people do not want to discuss the possibility that there are other civilizations out there,” he told The Post. “They believe we are special and unique. I think it’s a prejudice that should be abandoned.” 

Loeb said the skeptics are bending over backwards to assign natural origins to the object and that the explanations they’ve given to explain its weird properties don’t stand up to scrutiny. 

For example, some scientists have suggested that ‘Oumuamua’s acceleration was caused by frozen hydrogen on its surface turning to gas and driving it like a comet, and that hydrogen would have been invisible to Earth’s infrared cameras, which is why we didn’t detect it. 

But Loeb and a colleague published a paper showing that “a hydrogen iceberg traveling through interstellar space would evaporate long before it reached our solar system.” 

Whatever the truth, the stakes are high. 

The acceptance that an alien race has made contact — even through its trash — would trigger a serious search for more trash, leading us to scour the moon and Mars, for example, for debris that might have crash-landed thousands or millions of years ago. 

And if more evidence is found, we earthlings would have to start building tools to help us grapple with extraterrestrials, such as space treaties and academic fields like astro-linguistics and astro-economics. 

But, perhaps more important, any further discoveries could redefine our place in the universe. 

“It would put us in perspective,” Loeb said. “If we are not alone, are we the smartest kids on the block? If there was a species that eliminated itself through war or changing the climate, we can get our act together and behave better. Instead, we are wasting a lot of resources on Earth fighting each other and other negative things that are a big waste.” 

Since ‘Oumuamua’s appearance, a second interstellar object known as 2I/Borisov was spotted entering the solar system by a Crimean telescope in 2019. But that turned out to be a plain old comet. 

Until recently, our instruments have not been sensitive enough to pick up these kinds of visitors. But Loeb said technology will soon make it possible to locate more space travelers, and the only way the mystery of ‘Oumuamua will be settled is if a similar object is spotted and more thoroughly investigated with a probe. 

He said his book “should motivate people to collect more data on the next object that looks weird.” 

“If we find another and we take a photo and it looks like a light sail, I don’t think anyone will argue with that.

https://nypost.com/2021/01/02/a-harvard-professor-says-an-alien-visited-in-2017/?utm_campaign=SocialFlow&sr_share=facebook&utm_source=NYPFacebook&utm_medium=SocialFlow&fbclid=IwAR0yvrjcBRSX2MnskIXRvR0xCey7YWZxTWMaZGqbvGs2FTA9xCGWyFoCTG0

1 hour ago, Ace Nova said:

I don't get it.  What type of reasoning do they have to "seal it" for another 50 years?  To protect the witnesses?  National security?  

I have no flippin idea. It boggles the mind how a photo taken by some hikers in 1990 could still trigger National Security concerns. Even if they took a photo of a very cutting edge prototype aircraft (US or British), that would be long outdated by now. Something else is going on here. Although to be fair, while the US gov't has released the 3 video's taken by Navy pilots (after essentially being forced by some whistleblowers), they still have tons of evidence they are keeping under lock and key (per people that would know, like Harry Reid). So governments are just really uneasy about releasing this stuff. That's why I can't wait until they do that report to the Senate in June.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Oldest Goat said:

If the universe is infinite then it seems far more likely that aliens are real than - we're the only ones, the end.

That being said I find the recent 180 the US intelligence community is doing suspicious. Why would the Pentagon who actively despises sharing information suddenly be like "UFOs and shit? Yup, totally real." I wouldn't be at all surprised if it's a psyop.

It's not the Pentagon and agencies as a whole that want to get this out though. It's portions that do and portions that don't. This recent disclosure movement was kicked off in 2017 when Lue Elizondo and Chris Mellon, two former insiders essentially went public after they got out of government and have been pushing for some disclosure. The Pentagon has actually done a lot of pushback and tried to put it out to the press that Lue Elizondo was never an insider and lead the AATIP program, but then that was debunked and former Senator Harry Reid said that he did. Since then there have been classified briefings given to some Senators of what the Navy pilots have been seeing and that has lead to the language in that Trump defense bill that said they had to do a report on what they know about UFO/UAP by June of this year.

If you think this is a conspiracy then you have to believe the Navy pilots that have gone public so far are in on the conspiracy, along with Lue Elizondo, Chris Mellon, and now senators like Mark Warner (D) and Marco Rubio (R) who have sat in on the briefings. As well as former DNI head John Ratfcliffe.