The UFO thread

Basic_GnR_Fan

16 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Maybe he was pimping sexy alien species and couldn't pass up on that because that must be a lucrative business?

In all seriousness, maybe he was trying to look out for prostitutes so they didn't have to turn tricks on the street or he's just a sleazeball? Either way, it doesn't really take anything away from his story.

:lol: You've got some star wars characters running through mind now! He'd be doing gods work! That Ventress booty! 

So long as a worker is in the industry completely of their own agency, then Im fine for people to pay money for sex. And I agree with you, a brothel is a safer place for the workers. 

I think Im pretty much on the same page as you on this. It doesnt take away from his story imo either. Actually Knapp said that in his own mind it made Lazar even more credible because Lazar was made to enter to the court record where he studied. He told them MIT, which had already scrubbed their records of him. So Knapp said that the court thought he was perjuring himself and he could have gone to jail for years if convicted of that. So in a sense this put Lazars claims to the test. Would he blink and give up his supposed con if he was facing a nickel? To me that was an interesting read by Knapp.

21 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Really?! Do tell...

5 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I 2nd @EvanG's motion of disclosure here. :lol:

:lol:

Okay, so I started unionizing sex workers. Which isnt a total rarity in NA cities, but Ive also never been trained in it or witnessed how that went. I wanted us to represent ever type of sex worker in town and to eventually be incorporated into an existing service industry union. That is to say, I was ambitious. (side note, a farming union is actually who expressed the most openness!!! Livestock?? I guess?? :lol:

I was the only "union rep" in this deal. Everyone else was workers, some of whom were elected to serve along with me, secretary, treasurer - all the standard stuff.

So yeah, everyone paid monthly dues and I was paid a small stipend from it, with most money going to the war chest and publicity campaign. I worked so few hours and my pay reflected this. And yes it was hilarious from the jump with women coming in looking like the stereotype and reaching into their bras, to hand me cash :lol: It was a running joke. lol

But that didnt make me feel like a pimp. What happened was, well its important to understand that we started this for safety. So the first safety issue came up. A john was rough and needed to be addressed for it. Thats what we were about. So we all talk about how to respond. And confrontation was voted for. As soon as the votes results were read, all eyes slowly turned to me... basically all asking "So, you're gonna go confront him then, right?" 

Nope. That was not my plan at least! Thats called being a pimp. :lol:

So that was my last day of pimping! :rofl-lol:

:smiley-confused2:

• GNFNR 1
  • Wow 1

48 minutes ago, soon said:

:lol: You've got some star wars characters running through mind now! He'd be doing gods work! That Ventress booty! 

So long as a worker is in the industry completely of their own agency, then Im fine for people to pay money for sex. And I agree with you, a brothel is a safer place for the workers. 

I think Im pretty much on the same page as you on this. It doesnt take away from his story imo either. Actually Knapp said that in his own mind it made Lazar even more credible because Lazar was made to enter to the court record where he studied. He told them MIT, which had already scrubbed their records of him. So Knapp said that the court thought he was perjuring himself and he could have gone to jail for years if convicted of that. So in a sense this put Lazars claims to the test. Would he blink and give up his supposed con if he was facing a nickel? To me that was an interesting read by Knapp.

:lol:

Okay, so I started unionizing sex workers. Which isnt a total rarity in NA cities, but Ive also never been trained in it or witnessed how that went. I wanted us to represent ever type of sex worker in town and to eventually be incorporated into an existing service industry union. That is to say, I was ambitious. (side note, a farming union is actually who expressed the most openness!!! Livestock?? I guess?? :lol:

I was the only "union rep" in this deal. Everyone else was workers, some of whom were elected to serve along with me, secretary, treasurer - all the standard stuff.

So yeah, everyone paid monthly dues and I was paid a small stipend from it, with most money going to the war chest and publicity campaign. I worked so few hours and my pay reflected this. And yes it was hilarious from the jump with women coming in looking like the stereotype and reaching into their bras, to hand me cash :lol: It was a running joke. lol

But that didnt make me feel like a pimp. What happened was, well its important to understand that we started this for safety. So the first safety issue came up. A john was rough and needed to be addressed for it. Thats what we were about. So we all talk about how to respond. And confrontation was voted for. As soon as the votes results were read, all eyes slowly turned to me... basically all asking "So, you're gonna go confront him then, right?" 

Nope. That was not my plan at least! Thats called being a pimp. :lol:

So that was my last day of pimping! :rofl-lol:

:smiley-confused2:

I mean this in a lighter sense but how did you reconcile....?...

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

Mathew 5:27

(Although walking away from it could be considered "cutting it off" but you didn't "walk away from it" for that reason.  :P:lol:)

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I mean this in a lighter sense but how did you reconcile....?...

“You have heard that it was said, ‘You shall not commit adultery.’[e] 28 But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already committed adultery with her in his heart. 29 If your right eye causes you to stumble, gouge it out and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to be thrown into hell. 30 And if your right hand causes you to stumble, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell."

Mathew 5:27

(Although walking away from it could be considered "cutting it off" but you didn't "walk away from it" for that reason.  :P:lol:)

I didnt commit adultery. Where did you come up with that based on my description?

You sound like the Pharasees! :lol: Damning Jesus for who he spends time with. And as Jesus said, he came to heal the sick. The perfected would have no need for Him. Or the women at the well, theres all sorts of scripture support my actions. :headbang:

46 minutes ago, soon said:

I didnt commit adultery. Where did you come up with that based on my description?

You sound like the Pharasees! :lol: Damning Jesus for who he spends time with. And as Jesus said, he came to heal the sick. The perfected would have no need for Him. Or the women at the well, theres all sorts of scripture support my actions. :headbang:

So you're honestly saying you never had a "lustful thought" when you were around those women?

Uh Wut GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

But hey, that's between you and God.  So carry on.  :P

19 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

So you're honestly saying you never had a "lustful thought" when you were around those women?

Uh Wut GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

But hey, that's between you and God.  So carry on.  :P

"Those women." :facepalm:

Also... theres women everywhere. You know this right? So unless you want to hit me up with this on a daily basis, Id suggest you have a think on the way you categorize people.

Now Im wanking to this gif you posted. So you have caused me to sin and need to go to confession. :lol:

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, soon said:

"Those women." :facepalm:

Also... theres women everywhere. You know this right? So unless you want to hit me up with this on a daily basis, Id suggest you have a think on the way you categorize people.

Now Im wanking to this gif you posted. So you have caused me to sin and need to go to confession. :lol:

Stop the SJW stuff.  :lol: 

(And no, I'm not judging or categorizing anyone.  I've had my fair share of "questionable" situations in my life time. ;) )

Should I have said, "when you were around those prostitutes" instead?  Sex workers?  What term would have been "correct"?  Being that you caught yourself "almost becoming a pimp" I'm not sure if "proper terms" apply very much to this conversation, do they?  :P

Anyway, let's not derail the thread.  If you want to continue this conversation, we can go to the "Religion" thread.  :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Stop the SJW stuff.  :lol: 

(And no, I'm not judging or categorizing anyone.  I've had my fair share of "questionable" situations in my life time. ;) )

Should I have said, "when you were around those prostitutes" instead?  Sex workers?  What term would have been "correct"?  Being that you caught yourself "almost becoming a pimp" I'm not sure if "proper terms" apply very much to this conversation, do they?  :P

Anyway, let's not derail the thread.  If you want to continue this conversation, we can go to the "Religion" thread.  :thumbsup:

I have no idea how you got so confused. I have no idea what you are taking about. 

• Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/13/politics/pentagon-ufo-task-force/index.html

The Pentagon is forming a new task force to investigate UFOs that have been observed by US military aircraft, according to two defense officials.

Deputy Secretary of Defense David Norquist will help oversee the task force, which is expected to be officially unveiled in the next few days, according to the officials. Previous efforts to look into what the Pentagon dubs unidentified aerial phenomena were led by the US Navy as many of the documented encounters involved their aircraft.

Main point here is that this being headed by the Deputy Secretary of Defense shows they are taking this seriously.

New interview with Chad Underwood, the man who actually filmed the famous 2004 'tic tac.' Chad starts talking at 4:26 in. His statements very closely mirror David Fravor, who saw the tic tac in a different mission on the same day. No wings, no obvious signs of propulsion, instant acceleration of incredible speed, also evidence of active jamming of radar.

• 3 months later...
16 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I'm yawning at it. I need a chain of custody!

I saw one guy who found its vlog. It had visible screws holding it together. And when he tapped on it, it sounded like a cardboard box. lol

I guess we all respond to lockdowns in our own unique ways. This monolith prank beats my burgeoning bread making game.

I havent heard much UFO stuff since that article. Anything happening?

Edited by soon

8 hours ago, soon said:

I saw one guy who found its vlog. It had visible screws holding it together. And when he tapped on it, it sounded like a cardboard box. lol

I guess we all respond to lockdowns in our own unique ways. This monolith prank beats my burgeoning bread making game.

I havent heard much UFO stuff since that article. Anything happening?

Yeah it's been quiet. I think the next big event is going to be whatever the Congressional UFO task force reports on. I'm hoping they go all in and verify the various US Navy encounters with UAP and back up some of the crazy flight characteristics these things were doing.  I'd also expect more NY Times articles from the team of Keen and Blumenthal, they are reportedly still working on the subject and will report more (they broke the AATIP program and Eric Davis and his "off world vehicles" comment). 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Yeah it's been quiet. I think the next big event is going to be whatever the Congressional UFO task force reports on. I'm hoping they go all in and verify the various US Navy encounters with UAP and back up some of the crazy flight characteristics these things were doing.  I'd also expect more NY Times articles from the team of Keen and Blumenthal, they are reportedly still working on the subject and will report more (they broke the AATIP program and Eric Davis and his "off world vehicles" comment). 

Hopefully Trumps resistance to the transition hasnt slowed anything down. Iirc they announced that the task force would share info with public 'about once a year?' Might make sense for that to happen at the end/start of a year - to share the previous years findings? Yeah, hoe to hear more of their reporting.

9 hours ago, Powderfinger said:

It’s now in Romania.... 

Well, who knows then?! If Daltrey and Townsend gravitate towards it then we can know for sure!

We're as good as it gets: Intelligent life is extremely UNLIKELY to exist anywhere else in the universe because it took a series of miracles for humans to evolve, say scientists

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9000797/Scientists-say-intelligent-life-planets-exceptionally-rare.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR0H-KUo57NhQGjjPO7bwY8tbHl4QV0R3kCjn13R9sbh6ee7G2f1MmRZLo8

The study/article basically confirms the Fermi paradox. 

3 hours ago, Ace Nova said:

We're as good as it gets: Intelligent life is extremely UNLIKELY to exist anywhere else in the universe because it took a series of miracles for humans to evolve, say scientists

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-9000797/Scientists-say-intelligent-life-planets-exceptionally-rare.html?ito=social-facebook&fbclid=IwAR0H-KUo57NhQGjjPO7bwY8tbHl4QV0R3kCjn13R9sbh6ee7G2f1MmRZLo8

The study/article basically confirms the Fermi paradox. 

I don't think anyone claimed intelligent life existing was common. But in the vastness of space, probabilities like this become almost meaningless.

• Like 1

I agree, @Basic_GnR_Fan. Without having read the paper, I would think this is fairly uncertain statistical modelling and that other scientists, with slightly different variables, could end up with a different conclusion. All this aside, with a universe as large as ours, "extremely unlikely" could still result in a myriad of planets with intelligent life. The practical implications, though, is that there could be vast space between each such civilization and that they would never be able to communicate.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

I agree, @Basic_GnR_Fan. Without having read the paper, I would think this is fairly uncertain statistical modelling and that other scientists, with slightly different variables, could end up with a different conclusion. All this aside, with a universe as large as ours, "extremely unlikely" could still result in a myriad of planets with intelligent life. The practical implications, though, is that there could be vast space between each such civilization and that they would never be able to communicate.

Yes I think that's right. Other civilizations with our level or even somewhat above our level of technology have no way of visiting, let alone communicating with another civilization. That other civilization would have had to make several leaps above us to do such a thing.

18 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I don't think anyone claimed intelligent life existing was common. But in the vastness of space, probabilities like this become almost meaningless.

16 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

8 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Yes I think that's right. Other civilizations with our level or even somewhat above our level of technology have no way of visiting, let alone communicating with another civilization. That other civilization would have had to make several leaps above us to do such a thing.

I'm pretty sure the article takes all of that into account.  I didn't read it all but the gist of it is that basically, it took in excess of 4 billion years for intelligent life to form on Earth and most stars (suns) won't last that long, etc.  It's not saying "there is no life" but statistically, we (homo sapiens)  have the best probability of being the "most advanced" in the universe.  

@SoulMonster can rest at night knowing that statistically, he's among smartest people in the universe.  :P :lol:

Spoiler

* according to one study (out out thousands), in one university (out of tens of thousands), in one city, (out of hundreds of thousands of cities), in one country, (out of hundreds of countries, on one planet, (out of hundreds of billions and hundreds of billions of planets) circling one star (out of hundreds of billions and hundreds of billions of stars ) in this one galaxy (out of 200 billion galaxies) in this one universe (in a possibility of endless universes) in this one timeline (in a possibility of endless and limitless timelines.  :P   Or you can just believe the Earth is flat and we're really the only ones here. :ph34r:

Edited by Ace Nova

I mean, I dont want to quote the Mossad's motto like some Stormfront moron, but it seems like best case scenario for this dude is that hes been asked to say such things...

However, the suggestion that humanity doenst yet "understand space" is a fascinating notion. The implication being that we dont currently comprehend facts about space that would make contact possible. But I think I speak for the average human when I say that I dont claim to know all that much about the nature of space to begin with. So why would new info blow my mind?

Also, I feel its my role to state the the "Galactic Federation" is from Star Wars. Me need Queen Amadala like never before!!

Edited by soon
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, soon said:

I mean, I dont want to quote the Mossad's motto like some Stormfront moron, but it seems like best case scenario for this dude is that hes been asked to say such things...

However, the suggestion that humanity doenst yet "understand space" is a fascinating notion. The implication being that we dont currently comprehend facts about space that would make contact possible. But I think I speak for the average human when I say that I dont claim to know all that much about the nature of space to begin with. So why would new info blow my mind?

Also, I feel its my role to state the the "Galactic Federation" is from Star Wars. Me need Queen Amadala like never before!!

What I don't get is why in fiction (because that's what this guy is engaging in) do alien entities all have to behave like the Federation in Star Trek or they are completely evil and genocidal. Like, why can't they just be like us and be a mixed bag?

• Like 1