The UFO thread

Basic_GnR_Fan

4 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Not just documentaries but here's some good stuff:

"UFO's & Nukes" - by Robert Hastings

"Unidentified" the show on the History Channel that focuses on guys like Lue Elizondo and Christopher Mellon's efforts to get the government's information on UAP's released

Joe Rogan interviews with Dave Fravor, George Knapp, and Bob Lazar (Lazar is controversial because we can't verify what he's saying)

Anything Jaqcues Vallee has done, not sure if he has any documentaries but he's been at this for a long time and has theories that this phenomenon goes beyond the nuts and bolts of craft.

Ok thanks.

I want aliens to abduct me and then I will say nuke the planet and I will be the last human. Cause if I am abducted I ain't coming back

what's this about the pentagon acknowledging that those UFO's weren't man-made lol

first they send men in black to intimidate people who seen something, and now they're admitting it themselves.

Cool. When are they going to show their captured aliens and space ships?

UPDATE, NEW NY TIMES ARTICLE....clarifying that this information is not based on "beliefs" but on facts and that the technology they recovered isn't from "China", "Russia" or anywhere else on the planet....

Do We Believe in U.F.O.s? That’s the Wrong Question

Reporting on the Pentagon program that’s investigating unidentified flying objects is not about belief. It’s about a vigilant search for facts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/insider/UFO-reporting.html

By Ralph Blumenthal and Leslie Kean

July 28, 2020, 5:00 a.m. ET

Times Insider explains who we are and what we do, and delivers behind-the-scenes insights into how our journalism comes together.

We were part of The New York Times’s team (with the Washington correspondent Helene Cooper) that broke the story of the Pentagon’s long-secret unit investigating unidentified flying objects, the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, in December 2017.

Since then, we have reported on Navy pilots’ close encounters with U.F.O.s, and last week, on the current revamped program, the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force and its official briefings — ongoing for more than a decade — for intelligence officials, aerospace executives and Congressional staff on reported U.F.O. crashes and retrieved materials.

We’re often asked by well-meaning associates and readers, “Do you believe in U.F.O.s?” The question sets us aback as being inappropriately personal. Times reporters are particularly averse to revealing opinions that could imply possible reporting bias.

But in this case we have no problem responding, “No, we don’t believe in U.F.O.s.”

As we see it, their existence, or nonexistence, is not a matter of belief.

We admire what the great anthropologist Margaret Mead said when asked long ago whether she believed in U.F.O.s. She called it “a silly question,” writing in Redbook in 1974:

“Belief has to do with matters of faith; it has nothing to do with the kind of knowledge that is based on scientific inquiry. … Do people believe in the sun or the moon, or the changing seasons, or the chairs they’re sitting on? When we want to understand something strange, something previously unknown to anyone, we have to begin with an entirely different set of questions. What is it? How does it work?”

That’s what the Pentagon U.F.O. program has been focusing on, making it eminently newsworthy. And to be clear: U.F.O.s don’t mean aliens. Unidentified means we don’t know what they are, only that they demonstrate capabilities that do not appear to be possible through currently available technology.

In our reporting, we’ve focused on how the Department of Defense, the Office of Naval Intelligence and members of two Senate committees are engaged with this topic. Current officials are now concerned about the potential threat represented by the very real, advanced technological objects: how close they can come to our fighter jets, sometimes causing a near miss, and the risk that our adversaries may acquire the technology demonstrated by the objects before we do.

So if U.F.O.s are no longer a matter of belief, what are they and how do they do what they do?

And if technology has been retrieved from downed objects, what better way to try to understand how they work?

Our previous stories were relatively easy to document with Department of Defense videos of U.F.O.s and pilot eyewitness accounts backed up by Navy hazard reports of close encounters with small speeding objects.

But our latest article provided a more daunting set of challenges, since we dealt with the possible existence of retrieved materials from U.F.O.s. Going from data on a distant object in the sky to the possession of a retrieved one on the ground makes a leap that many find hard to accept and that clearly demands extraordinary evidence.

Numerous associates of the Pentagon program, with high security clearances and decades of involvement with official U.F.O. investigations, told us they were convinced such crashes have occurred, based on their access to classified information. But the retrieved materials themselves, and any data about them, are completely off-limits to anyone without clearances and a need to know.

We were provided a series of unclassified slides showing that the program took this seriously enough to include it in numerous briefings. One slide says one of the program’s tasks was to “arrange for access to data/reports/materials from crash retrievals of A.A.V.’s,” or advanced aerospace vehicles.

Our sources told us that “A.A.V.” does not refer to vehicles made in any country — not Russian or Chinese — but is used to mean technology in the realm of the truly unexplained. They also assure us that their briefings are based on facts, not belief.

Edited by Kasanova King

On 23-7-2020 at 4:07 AM, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Lazar's claims are a actually a lot less substantial than Greer's though. If Lazar's claims are true, the US government (and likely no government) is actually holding back technology from the populace. Yes, they are technically holding back the fact that they have a retrieved craft, but they don't know how it works or how to recreate one after spending decades having very smart people study it.

I listened to some parts of the Joe Rogan interview, and I don't know if I misinterpreted what you said, but Lazar claims they are able to operate a craft, or at least enough to test flight it, because he had the test flight schedule and he and his friends secretly recorded it.

Edited by EvanG

24 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I listened to some parts of the Joe Rogan interview, and I don't know if I misinterpreted what you said, but Lazar claims they are able to operate a craft, or at least enough to test flight it, because he had the test flight schedule and he and his friends secretly recorded it.

He said they could fly it, but I interpreted it to being like a person that has very little knowledge of cars that is able to drive a car but has no idea how it works or how to fix or build one. That was the level they were at.

33 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

UPDATE, NEW NY TIMES ARTICLE....clarifying that this information is not based on "beliefs" but on facts and that the technology they recovered isn't from "China", "Russia" or anywhere else on the planet....

Do We Believe in U.F.O.s? That’s the Wrong Question

Reporting on the Pentagon program that’s investigating unidentified flying objects is not about belief. It’s about a vigilant search for facts.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/28/insider/UFO-reporting.html

By Ralph Blumenthal and Leslie Kean

July 28, 2020, 5:00 a.m. ET

Times Insider explains who we are and what we do, and delivers behind-the-scenes insights into how our journalism comes together.

We were part of The New York Times’s team (with the Washington correspondent Helene Cooper) that broke the story of the Pentagon’s long-secret unit investigating unidentified flying objects, the Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program, in December 2017.

Since then, we have reported on Navy pilots’ close encounters with U.F.O.s, and last week, on the current revamped program, the Unidentified Aerial Phenomenon Task Force and its official briefings — ongoing for more than a decade — for intelligence officials, aerospace executives and Congressional staff on reported U.F.O. crashes and retrieved materials.

We’re often asked by well-meaning associates and readers, “Do you believe in U.F.O.s?” The question sets us aback as being inappropriately personal. Times reporters are particularly averse to revealing opinions that could imply possible reporting bias.

But in this case we have no problem responding, “No, we don’t believe in U.F.O.s.”

As we see it, their existence, or nonexistence, is not a matter of belief.

We admire what the great anthropologist Margaret Mead said when asked long ago whether she believed in U.F.O.s. She called it “a silly question,” writing in Redbook in 1974:

“Belief has to do with matters of faith; it has nothing to do with the kind of knowledge that is based on scientific inquiry. … Do people believe in the sun or the moon, or the changing seasons, or the chairs they’re sitting on? When we want to understand something strange, something previously unknown to anyone, we have to begin with an entirely different set of questions. What is it? How does it work?”

That’s what the Pentagon U.F.O. program has been focusing on, making it eminently newsworthy. And to be clear: U.F.O.s don’t mean aliens. Unidentified means we don’t know what they are, only that they demonstrate capabilities that do not appear to be possible through currently available technology.

In our reporting, we’ve focused on how the Department of Defense, the Office of Naval Intelligence and members of two Senate committees are engaged with this topic. Current officials are now concerned about the potential threat represented by the very real, advanced technological objects: how close they can come to our fighter jets, sometimes causing a near miss, and the risk that our adversaries may acquire the technology demonstrated by the objects before we do.

So if U.F.O.s are no longer a matter of belief, what are they and how do they do what they do?

And if technology has been retrieved from downed objects, what better way to try to understand how they work?

Our previous stories were relatively easy to document with Department of Defense videos of U.F.O.s and pilot eyewitness accounts backed up by Navy hazard reports of close encounters with small speeding objects.

But our latest article provided a more daunting set of challenges, since we dealt with the possible existence of retrieved materials from U.F.O.s. Going from data on a distant object in the sky to the possession of a retrieved one on the ground makes a leap that many find hard to accept and that clearly demands extraordinary evidence.

Numerous associates of the Pentagon program, with high security clearances and decades of involvement with official U.F.O. investigations, told us they were convinced such crashes have occurred, based on their access to classified information. But the retrieved materials themselves, and any data about them, are completely off-limits to anyone without clearances and a need to know.

We were provided a series of unclassified slides showing that the program took this seriously enough to include it in numerous briefings. One slide says one of the program’s tasks was to “arrange for access to data/reports/materials from crash retrievals of A.A.V.’s,” or advanced aerospace vehicles.

Our sources told us that “A.A.V.” does not refer to vehicles made in any country — not Russian or Chinese — but is used to mean technology in the realm of the truly unexplained. They also assure us that their briefings are based on facts, not belief.

It almost seems like they are more concerned with Russia or China reverse engineering one of these things than of the beings behind the tech themselves.

One of the things people say is, "if these beings are so advanced, how would they crash their vehicles on Earth?" I have a pet theory that some of these beings are malevolent and made sure craft "crashed" (on purpose) in the US, Russia, and China so they could watch an arms race and see who would be the first to figure out how they worked and dominate the planet. Almost like one of us throwing a cell phone into a monkey cage and having fun watching them play with it. 

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan

4 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

It almost seems like they are more concerned with Russia or China reverse engineering one of these things than of the beings behind the tech themselves.

One of the things people say is, "if these beings are so advanced, how would they crash their vehicles on Earth?" I have a pet theory that some of these beings are malevolent and made sure craft "crashed" (on purpose) in the US, Russia, and China so they could watch an arms race and see who would be the first to figure out how they worked and dominate the planet. Almost like one of us throwing a cell phone into a monkey cage and having fun watching them play with it. 

I'm sure that even if they didn't crash in any of those particular countries, they are the ones who most likely captured it.

As for why they crashed if they're so advanced... probably Will Smith's doing.

25 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Well, yeah, from a national security standpoint (Pentagon, military, etc) their top priority would (more than likely) be to make sure other super powers did not have (or did not find) the technology and if they found it, that they did not "reverse engineer" it, etc. 

As far as the "discovery" aspect of it all...that would be more related to NASA, etc...which have yet to comment on any of this.

11 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Well, yeah, from a national security standpoint (Pentagon, military, etc) their top priority would (more than likely) be to make sure other super powers did not have (or did not find) the technology and if they found it, that they did not "reverse engineer" it, etc. 

As far as the "discovery" aspect of it all...that would be more related to NASA, etc...which have yet to comment on any of this.

If it crashed in the desert such as the alleged Roswell crash, NASA wouldn't have anything to do with it.

28 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

If it crashed in the desert such as the alleged Roswell crash, NASA wouldn't have anything to do with it.

Right.  And if that's the case, don't expect the military to make "discovery" their priority when it's not what they are designed to do. 

Imagine being a fucking brainiac like Lazar. Going through all he has, including character assassination and intimidation. Telling the same story for decades...

And then people take interest because they heard it on JRE :lol:

29 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Right.  And if that's the case, don't expect the military to make "discovery" their priority when it's not what they are designed to do. 

True, but outright lying to their boss for 70 years (the taxpayer) isn't what they are designed to do either.

20 minutes ago, soon said:

Imagine being a fucking brainiac like Lazar. Going through all he has, including character assassination and intimidation. Telling the same story for decades...

And then people take interest because they heard it on JRE :lol:

• Like 1

I gotta admit though, when I read the NYT article linked to in that popular mechanics tweet, I didnt think it was "the article." I thought it was to get momentum leading into the big story?

Like its there on the page. But like, i dunno, thats it?

6 minutes ago, soon said:

I gotta admit though, when I read the NYT article linked to in that popular mechanics tweet, I didnt think it was "the article." I thought it was to get momentum leading into the big story?

Like its there on the page. But like, i dunno, thats it?

Nope, that's not "it".  The Pentagon has yet to "disclose" its findings...they've only "announced" their intention to do so.  These articles are only "tidbits" of information that they "think" will be disclosed in the near future. 

Is this a correct summary: US military has had a secret program where they have been researching unidentified aircrafts. One or two guys who previously was employed in the military, or subcontractors (?), claims the military has obtained materials from such crashed UFOs and at least one of them claim some of this material was so advanced it couldn't have been made by humans today. One guy even claims the military has working UFOs and that they come from aliens. I feel I saw this on TV in the 90s, btw. Anyway, most people here seem to be convinced these UFOs are of alien origin. May I ask why? 

13 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Nope, that's not "it".  The Pentagon has yet to "disclose" its findings...they've only "announced" their intention to do so.  These articles are only "tidbits" of information that they "think" will be disclosed in the near future. 

Okay, that makes sense. Except for this - they said a "Bombshell" article was forthcoming specifically from NYT.

But if they are correct and the gov is about to disclose whats being reported in the article - how would NYT have the exclusive on that reporting? Everyone will be writing on it that day?

7 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Is this a correct summary: US military has had a secret program where they have been researching unidentified aircrafts. One or two guys who previously was employed in the military, or subcontractors (?), claims the military has obtained materials from such crashed UFOs and at least one of them claim some of this material was so advanced it couldn't have been made by humans today. One guy even claims the military has working UFOs and that they come from aliens. I feel I saw this on TV in the 90s, btw. Anyway, most people here seem to be convinced these UFOs are of alien origin. May I ask why? 

Yes, except this time the US Pentagon is basically substantiating the claims and they plan on releasing information that will support the claims, further validate the claims, etc.

As far as the  "alien origins" part....that part is based off the information that neither the Pentagon or the people that have worked on the projects know of anything made on earth that is...

-  Capable of doing what these crafts/vehicles are capable of doing and have been recorded doing...

...and the (supposedly) recovered crafts/vehicles and the materials they are made of are "not from this earth" nor are they something that "China" or "Russia" has made (or is capable of making...according to the factual data they have...not their "beliefs')

12 minutes ago, soon said:

Okay, that makes sense. Except for this - they said a "Bombshell" article was forthcoming specifically from NYT.

But if they are correct and the gov is about to disclose whats being reported in the article - how would NYT have the exclusive on that reporting? Everyone will be writing on it that day?

Pretty sure "the bombshell article" part was "Twitter hype"....when the majority of information comes out, I'm sure it will reported all over.

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Yes, except this time the US Pentagon is basically substantiating the claims and they plan on releasing information that will support the claims, further validate the claims, etc.

As far as the  "alien origins" part....that part is based off the information that neither the Pentagon or the people that have worked on the projects know of anything made on earth that is...

-  Capable of doing what these crafts/vehicles are capable of doing and have been recorded doing...

...and the (supposedly) recovered crafts/vehicles and the materials they are made of are "not from this earth" nor are they something that "China" or "Russia" has made (or is capable of making...according to the factual data they have...not their "beliefs')

But what part of the claims are the Pentagon confirming? That they have observed unidentified aircrafts? That they have obtained such aircrafts? That they comprise of technology beyond our means? That they are of alien origin? That they have used such materials to create new aircrafts? Because this goes from the pretty trivial to groundshattering news. 

I will eagerly await any clear evidence that anything observed or collected is indeed beyond current technology, and with evidence I actually mean that the scientific community has investigated it and concluded, and not used footage and anecdotal evidence. 

1 minute ago, SoulMonster said:

But what part of the claims are the Pentagon confirming? That they have observed unidentified aircrafts? That they have obtained such aircrafts? That they comprise of technology beyond our means? That they are of alien origin? That they have used such materials to create new aircrafts? Because this goes from the pretty trivial to groundshattering news. 

Well, yes, that's (pretty much) what everyone is waiting for. (And yes, that's exactly what the NY Times articles have been alluding to). 

• Like 1

I watched that episode of unsolved mysteries. 

Did anyone else notice that Tommy Warner was held by the beam in the Naruto Run position? :lol:

I mean I know its from the Naruto anime series... but then it popped up at the Area 51 raid.... and now we learn that poor lil Tommy was held by aliens in that pose in 1969. :wow:

30 minutes ago, soon said:

I watched that episode of unsolved mysteries. 

Did anyone else notice that Tommy Warner was held by the beam in the Naruto Run position? :lol:

I mean I know its from the Naruto anime series... but then it popped up at the Area 51 raid.... and now we learn that poor lil Tommy was held by aliens in that pose in 1969. :wow:

Out of curiosity, what did you make of that episode? I mean, when you watch something like that, do you think it's all a bunch of nonsene, or do you tend to believe them?

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

It's more than two guys, the authors of the NYT piece say there are more than just Elizondo and Davis who think these metamaterials and footage captured by pilots are of off-world vehicles. It's just those two who are on the record as of now.

If the testimony by the Navy pilots is close to the truth and the radar data (that hasn't been released yet) backs them up, then the vehicles they encountered fly at hypersonic speeds, can stop on a dime, move around air-space as if it were a "ping pong ball in a cup" (quote from Commander Fravor), have no visible exhaust, have no wings, and go in and out of water with ease....well if that is close to the reality, then you tell me, does that sound like a project the US or Russia or China have at the prototype stage?  

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 2