The UFO thread

Basic_GnR_Fan

18 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I saw some clips and saw his discussion with Father George Coyne, who I hadn't heard of but will probably binge a bunch of his videos later. Very smart man and is able to reconcile faith and science as well as anyone I've seen.

If any of you want a legit UAP doc, check out "UFO's & Nukes" which is on Amazon Prime. 

Imho the idea that the two require reconciliation is a flawed premise. The type of flawed premise the film is based on. But I suppose in Catholicism you have ancient doctrine and the whole trans substance things so it then becomes an issue for y’all.

But a father being equipped to handle the task doesn’t obsolve a film claiming that no one named Jesus even existed imho.

Anyways, I’ll have to check out that aliens and nukes thing. That basic concept/ claim/ whatever is what first captivated my attention about the phenomenon. Thanks!

29 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

I was wondering what could be done to take this discussion to another level of stupidity and of course the answer is religion! 

Another subject you nothing about. I can see why you get so grumpy. :jerkoff::lol:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, soon said:

Imho the idea that the two require reconciliation is a flawed premise. The type of flawed premise the film is based on. But I suppose in Catholicism you have ancient doctrine and the whole trans substance things so it then becomes an issue for y’all.

But a father being equipped to handle the task doesn’t obsolve a film claiming that no one named Jesus even existed imho.

Anyways, I’ll have to check out that aliens and nukes thing. That basic concept/ claim/ whatever is what first captivated my attention about the phenomenon. Thanks!

If Maher was claiming the historical figure of Jesus didn't exist that puts him in a very minoritarian view. Even hardcore skeptics like Bart Ehrman don't question that the historical figure of Jesus existed.

The UFOs & Nukes doc has documentation and military witnesses of both the US and former Soviet Union that had these vehicles zip in and out of their space and would deactivate nukes in some instances. On one occasion in the Ukraine in the 80's, the UAP actually had set the nukes to launch before turning it off and them zipping out of there. Can you imagine being in that situation?!

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/us/politics/pentagon-ufo-harry-reid-navy.html

More drip, drip of the disclosure process is occurring. In the New York Times we now have it admitted that the task force that released the 3 video's of UAP 3 years ago is still in operation (unlike the DOD first proclaiming it wasn't). Also, Harry Reid is now on record as saying that he believes the government has exotic materials from UAP in it's possession.

Expect more of this slow drop of disclosure to continue. What I'm really waiting for is the radar returns of the previous video's (and other video's that are still to be released). At that point it will become obvious to even people like SoulMonster that these are vehicles that aren't in any arsenal of any country on earth.

Any video that starts off with ominous synths... straight away I'm deducting credibility points 😄 

The pilot who described what he saw, I mean he's not the first to describe things like this.

If it wasn't something other worldly, then it's some sort of new government tech... and if governments have that tech why aren't they militarizing it? 

Could literally be anything!! But I mean, this guy has a long career behind him, talking about aliens is a sure fire way to become the kooky old pilot, so there's reasons why you wouldn't make this up... equally there's many reasons why a group of guys might decide to make things sound like something else, no 1 sell the story for a book. 2 get on Fox news with Tucker 3. Green alien chicks (regular chicks who paint themselves green, and really dig science buffs).

Regardless, it is interesting and my belief is that with an ever expanding universe and multiple dimensions etc. The idea that there couldn't be intelligent life in the universe seems unrealistic. We can't be as good as it gets😄

9 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Any video that starts off with ominous synths... straight away I'm deducting credibility points 😄 

The pilot who described what he saw, I mean he's not the first to describe things like this.

If it wasn't something other worldly, then it's some sort of new government tech... and if governments have that tech why aren't they militarizing it? 

Could literally be anything!! But I mean, this guy has a long career behind him, talking about aliens is a sure fire way to become the kooky old pilot, so there's reasons why you wouldn't make this up... equally there's many reasons why a group of guys might decide to make things sound like something else, no 1 sell the story for a book. 2 get on Fox news with Tucker 3. Green alien chicks (regular chicks who paint themselves green, and really dig science buffs).

Regardless, it is interesting and my belief is that with an ever expanding universe and multiple dimensions etc. The idea that there couldn't be intelligent life in the universe seems unrealistic. We can't be as good as it gets😄

Which video are you talking about Tom, the David Fravor video? There is a whole group of guys from that ship (and from others) who have gone on record and said they all saw something crazy (even though some of them disagree on small details). 

Yeah it could be anything. But we need the radar data to complete the circle here. If the radar data confirms the descriptions given by Fravor, the other pilots, and the radar operators, we're talk about craft that can move at hypersonic speeds with no exhaust plume, stop on a dime and accelerate instantly again, and go in and out of water. If the government actually developed that tech all on it's own and is keeping it from the public (what fuel does it run on, is it carbon free?) then the bastards should be hanged.

Edit: and these pilots are giving testimony behind closed doors to Congress and these guys (Mark Warner being one) are walking out bewildered and asking for more information.

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

At that point it will become obvious to even people like SoulMonster that these are vehicles that aren't in any arsenal of any country on earth.

I don't know, people like that are usually so extremely sceptical, even when they see it with their own eyes they will try to find a different explanation for it.

40 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

So many credible and trustworthy people are coming forward now and saying that it's real and that they have seen evidence, and sure, maybe they are all lying for whatever reason, but it just doesn't seem very likely to me.

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Which video are you talking about Tom, the David Fravor video? There is a whole group of guys from that ship (and from others) who have gone on record and said they all saw something crazy (even though some of them disagree on small details). 

Yeah it could be anything. But we need the radar data to complete the circle here. If the radar data confirms the descriptions given by Fravor, the other pilots, and the radar operators, we're talk about craft that can move at hypersonic speeds with no exhaust plume, stop on a dime and accelerate instantly again, and go in and out of water. If the government actually developed that tech all on it's own and is keeping it from the public (what fuel does it run on, is it carbon free?) then the bastards should be hanged.

Edit: and these pilots are giving testimony behind closed doors to Congress and these guys (Mark Warner being one) are walking out bewildered and asking for more information.

Politicians should be hung for more reason than that :D yeah, I was talking about the Fravor video. I'm not saying it isn't true, in fact some of the things I've read and watched would leave me leaning on the side of it's real and it happened... now, I'm not about to say I buy every alien story, but this seems very credible! well as credible as anything like this can be.. 

Optimistic skeptic best describes me on this subject.

1 hour ago, Tom2112 said:

Politicians should be hung for more reason than that :D yeah, I was talking about the Fravor video. I'm not saying it isn't true, in fact some of the things I've read and watched would leave me leaning on the side of it's real and it happened... now, I'm not about to say I buy every alien story, but this seems very credible! well as credible as anything like this can be.. 

Optimistic skeptic best describes me on this subject.

I don't even pay attention to regular people and their sightings, they don't even interest me. I pretty much only pay attention to the military sightings that have actual credible witnesses as well as official reports that it happened. There's always been very credible sightings mixed in with the charlatans. The only difference now is that certain sections of our government are actually treating this seriously (the Navy in particular) while others (like the Airforce) are still kind of stuck in the past. There's been a lot of progress to make this credible in the eyes of the public in the past 3 years ever since that New York Times article at the end of 2017.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

I don't know, people like that are usually so extremely sceptical, even when they see it with their own eyes they will try to find a different explanation for it.

So many credible and trustworthy people are coming forward now and saying that it's real and that they have seen evidence, and sure, maybe they are all lying for whatever reason, but it just doesn't seem very likely to me.

Everyone should have a healthy skepticism. There's guys who want to believe everything and the guys (debunkers) who just want to seem like the smartest guys in the room and dismiss everything. Where ever people stand on this we should all be demanding more information, such as the rest of the fighter pilot videos, radar returns, and any retrieved materials. Let's put it all on the table and analyze what we have 

Edited by Basic_GnR_Fan
  • Like 2

I just want to highlight something in the NYT article that came out today again.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/23/us/politics/pentagon-ufo-harry-reid-navy.html

Eric W. Davis, an astrophysicist who worked as a subcontractor and then a consultant for the Pentagon U.F.O. program since 2007,......

Mr. Davis, who now works for Aerospace Corporation, a defense contractor, said he gave a classified briefing to a Defense Department agency as recently as March about retrievals from “off-world vehicles not made on this earth.”

Folks, you have a contractor who worked for the Pentagon, who as recently as March gave a briefing to the DOD about retrievals from "off-world vehicles not made on this earth" quoted in the New York Times! One of the authors of this article is responding in the comments to the article and is giving some juicy info such as "(we) have high regard for Eric Davis' credibility, or we would not have relied on him" and "Not everything can be reported at once." So more is coming, and I'd suspect Eric Davis will have more to say.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

7 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Everyone should have a healthy skepticism. There's guys who want to believe everything and the guys (debunkers) who just want to seem like the smartest guys in the room and dismiss everything. Where ever people stand on this we should all be demanding more information, such as the rest of the fighter pilot videos, radar returns, and any retrieved materials. Let's put it all on the table and analyze what we have 

I agree, like I said earlier in this thread, I force myself to be sceptical about everything, especially stuff like this, and I'm sure that there is a lot of nonsense in regard to this topic out there. But I'm glad I am more open minded than some people who might be smarter than I am, but who can't accept that their scientific way of thinking isn't able to understand certain things.

Edited by EvanG
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

I honestly don't see anyone in 2020 "wanting to make up" a story that has anything to do with UFO's.  UFO people have not been treated well by society nor have they fared well, historically....so most people nowadays would not want to go down that rabbit hole, imo.  So long story short, if they are making it up, they are really brave.  But I highly doubt that.

4 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I just want to highlight something in the NYT article that came out today again.

Folks, you have a contractor who worked for the Pentagon, who as recently as March gave a briefing to the DOD about retrievals from "off-world vehicles not made on this earth" quoted in the New York Times! One of the authors of this article is responding in the comments to the article and is giving some juicy info such as "(we) have high regard for Eric Davis' credibility, or we would not have relied on him" and "Not everything can be reported at once." So more is coming, and I'd suspect Eric Davis will have more to say.

Any chance you can copy and paste the article?  I need to buy a subscription to the NY Times in order to see the story.

EDIT: NVM, I figured it out.  

Edited by Kasanova King

17 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I honestly don't see anyone in 2020 "wanting to make up" a story that has anything to do with UFO's.  UFO people have not been treated well by society nor have they fared well, historically....so most people nowadays would not want to go down that rabbit hole, imo.  So long story short, if they are making it up, they are really brave.  But I highly doubt that.

I disagree, I think there are a lot of people that still say they saw big foot and all sorts of things, it's a quick route to a story in the local news paper and there a lot of people who crave attention, good or bad.

I'm not saying that this is the case with the videos posted.

1 minute ago, Tom2112 said:

I disagree, I think there are a lot of people that still say they saw big foot and all sorts of things, it's a quick route to a story in the local news paper and there a lot of people who crave attention, good or bad.

I'm not saying that this is the case with the videos posted.

Yeah, I guess that's true but typically they aren't career military guys all saying (pretty much) the same thing.  

• Like 1

On 22/07/2020 at 8:13 PM, soon said:

Oh, figured you likely had. Its by that dummy Bill Maher. Theres lots of inaccuracies but the most over the top was the claim that Jesus was based of off a earlier diety named Mithras. And it doesn't add up in the least. For instance, in real life, Mithras was said to have been created out of stone, like born of a stone. In the film that is presented, sans the mention of the stone, as a "virgin birth." Because the stone hadnt fucked I guess? :lol: Theres was a long list of Mithra/Jesus mumbo jumbo of that same caliber of thought. I still get it quoted to me frequently. Was very influential on a generation of frat bro 'intellectuals.'

Yeah because a virgin birth isn't ridiculous at all. :lol: 

21 minutes ago, Dazey said:

And in a fucking cowshed in Buttfuck Jerusalem circa 00AD? :lol: 

If you believe in a higher power, you would come to the logical conclusion that God (not that He needs it) would at the very least, have technology that far surpasses Man's.  (Most believe it through faith but even a pragmatist could come to that conclusion, if he needed to.)

21 minutes ago, soon said:

The lie that your fellow secular fundamentalist told is what’s ridiculous. And I bet you believed it. Pathetic. 

I can’t even remember that bit to be honest. It’s just one load of nonsense vs another load of nonsense so it’s hard to differentiate after a while. 

Just now, Dazey said:

I can’t even remember that bit to be honest. It’s just one load of nonsense vs another load of nonsense so it’s hard to differentiate after a while. 

So you viewed the film uncritically. This is unsurprising.

Not really hard to differentiate. One is a completely verifiable lie told by someone who, like you, is a secular fundamentalist. The other is Christianity. If you cant tease out the difference I feel bad for you.

8 minutes ago, soon said:

So you viewed the film uncritically. This is unsurprising.

Not really hard to differentiate. One is a completely verifiable lie told by someone who, like you, is a secular fundamentalist. The other is Christianity. If you cant tease out the difference I feel bad for you.

One is a completely verifiable lie told by someone who, like me, is a secular fundamentalist. The other is a completely unverifiable claim made by whoeverthefuck at a time before modern science when recorded details were sketchy at best. :shrugs: 

Edited by Dazey