The UFO thread

Basic_GnR_Fan

29 minutes ago, Axl's Agony Aunt said:

More today: https://www.msn.com/en-gb/money/technology/edward-snowden-has-ruined-aliens-for-everybody-thanks/ar-AAJkszv?ocid=spartanntp

I think it's good for the recent revelations that Snowden said this, although it does contradict a lot of claims from before. 

Gary McKinnon said he did find evidence, although he said he hacked into NASA: https://www.ufo-blogger.com/2012/10/british-hacker-found-evidence-of-ufo.html

I dont remember knowing about Mckinnon before. Interesting stuff. Also looking forward to hearing the David Gilmour song for him. I wonder what 300 people would get up to as they orbit the Earth? Imagine being the guy running the hot dog stand! 

Chem trails and the moon landing just arent things I thought Snowden fucked with. I trust these are brief passages in the book but that just make for good publicity on the book tour?

Although I guess there are those who would deny the climate crisis and call it a conspiracy so its great if he can reach those lost souls. Im not too bummed that he didnt find anything on aliens, why would it just be sitting there on their search engine?

Edited by soon
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

https://www.rawstory.com/2019/11/security-officials-told-unknown-object-near-congress-was-hovering-no-one-has-any-idea-what-happened/

Both the U.S. Capitol and the White House were on lockdown after the restricted airspace was breached and fighter jets were scrambled. The problem is that after several hours, no one knows what it was or even if it was real.

• 7 months later...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/06/23/senators-ufo-government-reports-336021

The Senate Intelligence Committee has voted to require U.S. intelligence agencies and the Defense Department to compile a detailed public analysis of all data collected on "unidentified aerial phenomenon," including intrusions recorded by Navy pilots in recent years.

This could be interesting. What I want to see is the underlying data behind high profile incidents such as the Nimitz 2004 incident and the 2015 incidents off the east coast (both involving the Navy). Parts of video from those incidents have been released, pilots have gone on record as far as what they saw, but what I really want to see is the radar data or an analysis of it at least. Also what other high profile cases are there that are truly unidentified and pilots and radar technicians are willing to go on record for.

Strikes me that some space capitalists are also in the cyborg game. 

Theres the common theory that the greys are cyborgs.

would be something if the US govt goes ahead with disclosure, spills the beans about greys being cyborgs, just in time for your friendly space capitalists to launch their cyborgization products. With the advertising campaign being something like “the cyborgs in space live in peace and get to explore the universe... you still eating Cheetos and watching wars on tv?”

disclosure could be quite the boon for the cyborg industries bottom line.

4 hours ago, soon said:

Strikes me that some space capitalists are also in the cyborg game. 

Theres the common theory that the greys are cyborgs.

would be something if the US govt goes ahead with disclosure, spills the beans about greys being cyborgs, just in time for your friendly space capitalists to launch their cyborgization products. With the advertising campaign being something like “the cyborgs in space live in peace and get to explore the universe... you still eating Cheetos and watching wars on tv?”

disclosure could be quite the boon for the cyborg industries bottom line.

It looks like we're going to keep getting the slow-drip partial disclosure.

By cyborgs, do you mean they are essentially AI probes created by alien civilizations? The theory being that actual lifeforms wouldn't be able to travel such vast distances (if they aren't inter dimensional). 

Regarding our own cyborgs, it looks like we'll get sexbot cyborgs before space cyborgs :lol:

2 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

By cyborgs, do you mean they are essentially AI probes created by alien civilizations? The theory being that actual lifeforms wouldn't be able to travel such vast distances (if they aren't inter dimensional). 

Regarding our own cyborgs, it looks like we'll get sexbot cyborgs before space cyborgs :lol:

At this point my ideal apocalypse is a Alien Invasion.Or Robot Uprising caused by Aliens. 

18 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

The theory is reverse engineered from the observation that their bodies appear to be utilitarian. Small bodies needing little space and energy inputs (food or otherwise) with big heads, only taking up space and bio mass to house a large brain and/or hard drive. Big eyes suit an explorer. No sex organs. And yes, as you say, some posit that this worker bots may be designed to be more suited then their makers for space travel. (It also may be that this doesnt interest them enough to do it themeless, etc). But of course, all these observations are made from the context of human understanding so they could be very flawed.

Just the types of beings that could terraform Mars without bugging out, perhaps?

19 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

A literal pound of flesh? lol. Nah, but at least that would be humanity having its priorities in order for once :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, EvanG said:

I watched Unacknowledged on Netflix. https://www.imdb.com/title/tt6400614/

Interesting documentary that even skeptics should watch.

Here's my issue with unacknowledged, it gives you factual information on legit instances of sightings, and then goes into crazy speculation mode and makes wild statements about how much the government knows and is working with some alien race or what have you. So it's half good, half science fiction in my opinion.

My opinion is similar to George Knapp's (who is probably more plugged into the people in the know than anyone else in the world). And that opinion is that the governments of the world don't really know what this phenomenon is either. I think one of the reasons for secrecy is they don't want to tell people, yes there is this legit phenomenon going on that can fly circles around our best jets and even shut down our nuclear weapons, but we have no idea what it is or what it wants. Oh and these governments are all desperate to get one of these vehicles and reverse engineer it so they can dominate their geopolitical adversaries.

4 minutes ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Here's my issue with unacknowledged, it gives you factual information on legit instances of sightings, and then goes into crazy speculation mode and makes wild statements about how much the government knows and is working with some alien race or what have you. So it's half good, half science fiction in my opinion.

My opinion is similar to George Knapp's (who is probably more plugged into the people in the know than anyone else in the world). And that opinion is that the governments of the world don't really know what this phenomenon is either. I think one of the reasons for secrecy is they don't want to tell people, yes there is this legit phenomenon going on that can fly circles around our best jets and even shut down our nuclear weapons, but we have no idea what it is or what it wants. Oh and these governments are all desperate to get one of these vehicles and reverse engineer it so they can dominate their geopolitical adversaries.

But there are lot of people in it who aren't just speculating, people who were part of a secret program or involved in another way and have seen the evidence with their own eyes, not some hillbilly, drunken ''I was kidnapped once and they touched me'', kind of testimony. I'm not saying everything they claim is the truth, I simply cannot know, but it raises some interesting questions and therefore I liked this documentary more than the average documentary on this phenomenon

11 minutes ago, EvanG said:

But there are lot of people in it who aren't just speculating, people who were part of a secret program or involved in another way and have seen the evidence with their own eyes, not some hillbilly, drunken ''I was kidnapped once and they touched me'', kind of testimony. I'm not saying everything they claim is the truth, I simply cannot know, but it raises some interesting questions and therefore I liked this documentary more than the average documentary on this phenomenon

Who?

Even Bob Lazar, who claimed to be a researcher trying to reverse engineer an alien craft says that the government had no idea how the craft actually worked and couldn't recreate one. I don't necessarily believe him, but his narrative at least makes sense. I don't buy that the US government has the ability to produce high advanced alien tech or even knows how it works if they had it.

1 minute ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Who?

Even Bob Lazar, who claimed to be a researcher trying to reverse engineer an alien craft says that the government had no idea how the craft actually worked and couldn't recreate one. I don't necessarily believe him, but his narrative at least makes sense. I don't buy that the US government has the ability to produce high advanced alien tech or even knows how it works if they had it.

Bob Lazar only worked there for a couple of years in the late 80's, right? There has probably been a lot more going on before that and since then, which he knows nothing about, if he's telling the truth at all.

Anyway, I don't remember their names, but they are all listed on imdb. Some of them claimed that there have been several crashes over the years and that the government has figured out how to operate them by now and how to use the technology to create those types of crafts themselves.

38 minutes ago, EvanG said:

Bob Lazar only worked there for a couple of years in the late 80's, right? There has probably been a lot more going on before that and since then, which he knows nothing about, if he's telling the truth at all.

Anyway, I don't remember their names, but they are all listed on imdb. Some of them claimed that there have been several crashes over the years and that the government has figured out how to operate them by now and how to use the technology to create those types of crafts themselves.

Lazar claimed to work at S-4 (near Area 51) for a year or two in the late 80's. His story has remained very consistent over the years. He claimed that the guys he was working with were claiming they had the craft for decades by that point but had made very little progress in understanding how the thing worked. To me that is a reasonable narrative even if I'm not sure how true it is. If the US government actually understands how this craft work, can reproduce it, and is in communication with aliens, then why do we still need a 700 billion dollar defense budget? And why hasn't this stuff ever been used in a war? The neocons are still desparate to overthrow the governments in Iran and Syria. You telling me they wouldn't use alien tech on them?

As I said, Greer's doc came off as half kook stuff that didn't hold up to any critical analysis. I remember one of the people in the doc claiming Wernher Von Braun made some statement about the government using the "alien threat" as it's final ploy to scare the populace into world government. I did some research to find that quote and couldn't find anything of relevance. How can you put something like that in your doc and claim to be legit?

1 hour ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Lazar claimed to work at S-4 (near Area 51) for a year or two in the late 80's. His story has remained very consistent over the years. He claimed that the guys he was working with were claiming they had the craft for decades by that point but had made very little progress in understanding how the thing worked. To me that is a reasonable narrative even if I'm not sure how true it is. If the US government actually understands how this craft work, can reproduce it, and is in communication with aliens, then why do we still need a 700 billion dollar defense budget? And why hasn't this stuff ever been used in a war? The neocons are still desparate to overthrow the governments in Iran and Syria. You telling me they wouldn't use alien tech on them?

As I said, Greer's doc came off as half kook stuff that didn't hold up to any critical analysis. I remember one of the people in the doc claiming Wernher Von Braun made some statement about the government using the "alien threat" as it's final ploy to scare the populace into world government. I did some research to find that quote and couldn't find anything of relevance. How can you put something like that in your doc and claim to be legit?

That documentary on Lazar is also on Netflix, it has a low rating on imdb, but I might check it out anyway. 

I can't answer your questions, but I'm not sure that they stated that the government is in contact with aliens, or I missed it. Maybe having a spacecraft, or the technology to operate one, isn't a guarantee to win a war. But again, I don't know. When it comes down to stuff like this I simply can't know. I always try to stay open minded, but I force myself to be sceptical as well. But when more and more credible witnesses like astronauts, special agents, colonels, etc. are stepping forward and testifying, it is getting harder to disbelieve all of them.

Edited by EvanG

I have a faint recollection of sniffing out some elements of new age in Greer. Like alien saviour stuff. But I cant recall at all why I started wondering about that. And I could have been completely wrong and he wasnt displaying any new age stuff. 

Certainly, the online new age community is a loud voice on Disclosure Day (July 8). Greers org, Paradigm Shift launched it. So my impression could have been more that new agers flocked to it, and then I may have falsely projected that onto Greer.

Anyways Greers film had a big impact on me too. 

Lazar has a doppleganer in my community, so its only natural that I belive them to both be aliens. That there are people looking just like that everywhere. lol

17 minutes ago, EvanG said:

That documentary on Lazar is also on Netflix, it has a low rating on imdb, but I might check it out anyway. 

I can't answer your questions, but I'm not sure that they stated that the government is in contact with aliens, or I missed it. Maybe having a spacecraft, or the technology to operate one, isn't a guarantee to win a war. But again, I don't know. When it comes down to stuff like this I simply can't know. I always try to stay open minded, but I force myself to be sceptical as well. But when more and more credible witnesses like astronauts, special agents, colonels, etc. are stepping forward and testifying, it is getting harder to disbelieve all of them.

The problem with Lazar is you can't verify his actual story about S-4, but I'm just saying that his story is actually logical and he did work as a scientist for the government, which they initially denied.

Regarding Greer's doc,

-The quote by Von Braun appears to have been completely made up. That's one.

-Another false quote by Douglas MacArthur about the world having to unite for the upcoming planetary war. False quote number two (c'mon, you can't have blatant false quotes when talking about controversial subjects like this).

-Greer stating the taxpayers have already paid trillions to develop free energy and there's a conspiracy to hold it back (what evidence is there that this exists?)

-Implicating that the Germans had Bell labs flying saucers during WWII (oh really, but they didn't use them even as their country was being destroyed on a multi-front war? C'mon!)

-Greer claims the cow mutilations across the country was a government project to frame aliens

And if these secret deep state powers have all these powers but can't keep a documentary off of Netflix? My eyes are rolling.

But again, he does have good info in there with credible people giving their testimonies of what they saw, but it's mixed in with science fiction and some absolute garbage.

Just now, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

I haven't

Oh, figured you likely had. Its by that dummy Bill Maher. Theres lots of inaccuracies but the most over the top was the claim that Jesus was based of off a earlier diety named Mithras. And it doesn't add up in the least. For instance, in real life, Mithras was said to have been created out of stone, like born of a stone. In the film that is presented, sans the mention of the stone, as a "virgin birth." Because the stone hadnt fucked I guess? :lol: Theres was a long list of Mithra/Jesus mumbo jumbo of that same caliber of thought. I still get it quoted to me frequently. Was very influential on a generation of frat bro 'intellectuals.'

4 hours ago, soon said:

Oh, figured you likely had. Its by that dummy Bill Maher. Theres lots of inaccuracies but the most over the top was the claim that Jesus was based of off a earlier diety named Mithras. And it doesn't add up in the least. For instance, in real life, Mithras was said to have been created out of stone, like born of a stone. In the film that is presented, sans the mention of the stone, as a "virgin birth." Because the stone hadnt fucked I guess? :lol: Theres was a long list of Mithra/Jesus mumbo jumbo of that same caliber of thought. I still get it quoted to me frequently. Was very influential on a generation of frat bro 'intellectuals.'

I saw some clips and saw his discussion with Father George Coyne, who I hadn't heard of but will probably binge a bunch of his videos later. Very smart man and is able to reconcile faith and science as well as anyone I've seen.

If any of you want a legit UAP doc, check out "UFO's & Nukes" which is on Amazon Prime. 

• Thanks 1

Well, I watched the Lazar documentary and it adds to what they are claiming in Unacknowledged. I want to believe the guy, if he's lying he must be an incredible actor, and it wouldn't make sense to keep up the same lie for 30 years because it hasn't exactly affected his life in a positive way. Also, a lot of the details he has given have turned out to be true, in fact most of what he claims has been proven to be true in the last thirty years. It's fascinating stuff, and if it's true what both documentaries claim, it really is a crime that some secret part of the government is holding all of this from us.

1 hour ago, EvanG said:

Well, I watched the Lazar documentary and it adds to what they are claiming in Unacknowledged. I want to believe the guy, if he's lying he must be an incredible actor, and it wouldn't make sense to keep up the same lie for 30 years because it hasn't exactly affected his life in a positive way. Also, a lot of the details he has given have turned out to be true, in fact most of what he claims has been proven to be true in the last thirty years. It's fascinating stuff, and if it's true what both documentaries claim, it really is a crime that some secret part of the government is holding all of this from us.

Lazar's claims are a actually a lot less substantial than Greer's though. If Lazar's claims are true, the US government (and likely no government) is actually holding back technology from the populace. Yes, they are technically holding back the fact that they have a retrieved craft, but they don't know how it works or how to recreate one after spending decades having very smart people study it.

Greer's conspiracy is much more insidious if the government actually had workable, revolutionary technology that would get us off of fossil fuels. Literally a cabal of people watching the planet destroy itself via climate change and they had the technology to solve the problem all along. It would literally be guillotine time if Greer is correct. I'm generally not a conspiracy theorist, so this one just seems so far over the top it almost doesn't interest me. 

7 hours ago, Basic_GnR_Fan said:

Lazar's claims are a actually a lot less substantial than Greer's though. If Lazar's claims are true, the US government (and likely no government) is actually holding back technology from the populace. Yes, they are technically holding back the fact that they have a retrieved craft, but they don't know how it works or how to recreate one after spending decades having very smart people study it.

Greer's conspiracy is much more insidious if the government actually had workable, revolutionary technology that would get us off of fossil fuels. Literally a cabal of people watching the planet destroy itself via climate change and they had the technology to solve the problem all along. It would literally be guillotine time if Greer is correct. I'm generally not a conspiracy theorist, so this one just seems so far over the top it almost doesn't interest me. 

Lazar doesn't know a lot, he was just one out of several scientists who worked on it, but he doesn't know what else was going on, he wasn't even responsible for the entire craft. That also makes it more believable, he sticks to what he knows and he's been consistent all this time. In the documentary they also say that he brought people to the area and they saw and filmed UFO's, I didn't know what to make of that. Either E.T. is visiting the area or another part of the organisation was able to test these crafts, which Lazar knew nothing about. Or... it's all bullshit anyway.

As for Greer, he's basically saying the same thing, and he has a lot of credible people backing him up, but like you say, he's elaborating and claiming a lot more and that makes it more conspiratorial and harder to believe.

3 hours ago, EvanG said:

As for Greer, he's basically saying the same thing, and he has a lot of credible people backing him up, but like you say, he's elaborating and claiming a lot more and that makes it more conspiratorial and harder to believe.

And he makes claims that I can easily look up and see aren't true, that hurts his credibility. In a topic like this, you just can't do that.

Watch "UFO's and Nukes" on Amazon Prime. Robert Hastings is much more level headed and presents a solid case that this UAP phenomenon has been toying with the nuclear arsenals of the world.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, EvanG said:

Well, I watched the Lazar documentary and it adds to what they are claiming in Unacknowledged. I want to believe the guy, if he's lying he must be an incredible actor, and it wouldn't make sense to keep up the same lie for 30 years because it hasn't exactly affected his life in a positive way. Also, a lot of the details he has given have turned out to be true, in fact most of what he claims has been proven to be true in the last thirty years. 

I've always viewed the entire "UFO" thing with a relatively open mind but with caution.  That said, the recent sightings by the US Military seem to substantiate (at least in part) Lazar's claims on how these spacecrafts seem to operate. 

Edited by Kasanova King
  • Like 1