The Black Crowes "Reunion"

RussTCB

2 hours ago, RussTCB said:

No, no, no, no, no.....that's not "nailing" Hard To Handle..... THIS is nailing Hard To Handle:

Yes all bands tour for money, but that's totally beside the point here. 

I believe I understand what you’re saying. These two getting together has no motive but cash. They both were in Howard Stern and stated they wanted to be in each other lives. That there own kids have never met, etc.

2 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

I believe I understand what you’re saying. These two getting together has no motive but cash. They both were in Howard Stern and stated they wanted to be in each other lives. That there own kids have never met, etc.

Yeah, that's what I mean. They literally cut out all living Crowes members just to make more money for themselves. Yes, I realize that's rich coming from a GNR fan, but I've made me feelings clear about NITL as well. 

Anyways, I watched the Stern interview and I just don't buy what they're saying. Everything about this is the exact opposite of what the Crowes were all about. 

On the Stern interview, they just looked like two dudes getting paid to say things to support this tour. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

Yeah, that's what I mean. They literally cut out all living Crowes members just to make more money for themselves. Yes, I realize that's rich coming from a GNR fan, but I've made me feelings clear about NITL as well. 

Anyways, I watched the Stern interview and I just don't buy what they're saying. Everything about this is the exact opposite of what the Crowes were all about. 

On the Stern interview, they just looked like two dudes getting paid to say things to support this tour. 

After reading what you said, perhaps you’re correct. It did feel off. Opinions about NITL withstanding, I feel chemistry between Axl, Slash, and Duff. I don’t feel it between those two guys.  And cutting out the other guys is a fucked move to say the least. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

After reading what you said, perhaps you’re correct. It did feel off. Opinions about NITL withstanding, I feel chemistry between Axl, Slash, and Duff. I don’t feel it between those two guys.  And cutting out the other guys is a fucked move to say the least. 

Yeah, it's a giant bummer. I'd agree with what you're saying about Axl, Slash & Duff too. 

The interview itself with Rich & Chris was just what you said.... off. Then the actual performances of the songs are just completely lifeless :(

3 hours ago, RussTCB said:

No, no, no, no, no.....that's not "nailing" Hard To Handle..... THIS is nailing Hard To Handle:

Yes all bands tour for money, but that's totally beside the point here. 

That was the Crowes reunion I was super pumped for. That's how I will choose to remember them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Holographic Universe said:

yeah but to be fair, Axl going near Slash at the first show was extremely awkward.

I'm not a huge crowes fans so I don't have strong feelings, so for me I'm like, who cares if they ditched the drummer? As long as the new one sounds good (unlike frank) then its cool.

The two main songwriters are there which you can't say about NITL.

I saw Chris play with Joe Perry at Joe's album release show in 2018 and that was awesome. If you haven'y seen the videos, check it out.

Edited by Stiff Competition

On 11-11-2019 at 5:09 PM, RussTCB said:

Not a reunion in any way, shape or form. Pretty much the definition of a cash grab. I figured I'd start a thread though in case anyone wants to discuss it and/or argue with me lol

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/black-crowes-2020-reunion-tour-dates-910124/

Never before have I gone from SUPER excited to SUPER disappointed in such a short time. :( 

• Sad 1

On 11-11-2019 at 6:09 PM, KURT19 said:

Save your money and buy Steve Gorman's book 'HARD TO HANDLE: THE LIFE AND DEATH OF THE BLACK CROWES'.  Read that one and find out what the Robinson brothers are really like...

Any good shoplinks for this? Looks like it's either really expensive (listed for 40 euro's on my local bookstore's website) or poorly available (wrong titles, only digital editions on the Dutch amazon...). 

I just want an English version. Preferably paperback, but hardcover is also fine. 

Edit: Hmmm, US Amazon + international shipping comes at just over 30 euro's. But this should be doable a lot cheaper. 

Edited by username
  • Like 1

On 11/17/2019 at 2:57 AM, username said:

Any good shoplinks for this? Looks like it's either really expensive (listed for 40 euro's on my local bookstore's website) or poorly available (wrong titles, only digital editions on the Dutch amazon...). 

I just want an English version. Preferably paperback, but hardcover is also fine. 

Edit: Hmmm, US Amazon + international shipping comes at just over 30 euro's. But this should be doable a lot cheaper. 

It is a new release so its currently only available in hardcover. I don't know about international shipping with Barnes and Noble, but if this helps you:

https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/hard-to-handle-steve-gorman/1131939984?ean=9780306922008#/

• Like 1