The Black Crowes "Reunion"

RussTCB

Forget Chris Robinson, I wanna hear what Chris Pitman would have to say :lol:

Its strange with Rich agreeing to this. It was Chris who got greedy and broke up the band, and then Rich starts like a 20 piece band so he clearly wasnt in that for the money (or he'd have a smaller band). Wonder what motivates him for this "reunion?" I guess money too. Its just more curious to me.

Do people figure they can even fill the Forum anymore?

I definitely won't argue with you.  This is a cash-grab pure and simple and count me out.  I saw the Black Crowes about 6 or 7 times live and they were occasionally brilliant, mostly mediocre and at times plain awful.

These asshole brothers must be flat broke to even agree to tour again together with "all new members."  Live Nation will promo the shit out of this "reunion" and my advice to you all: Don't fall for it.  

Save your money and buy Steve Gorman's book 'HARD TO HANDLE: THE LIFE AND DEATH OF THE BLACK CROWES'.  Read that one and find out what the Robinson brothers are really like...

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, KURT19 said:

I definitely won't argue with you.  This is a cash-grab pure and simple and count me out.  I saw the Black Crowes about 6 or 7 times live and they were occasionally brilliant, mostly mediocre and at times plain awful.

These asshole brothers must be flat broke to even agree to tour again together with "all new members."  Live Nation will promo the shit out of this "reunion" and my advice to you all: Don't fall for it.  

Save your money and buy Steve Gorman's book 'HARD TO HANDLE: THE LIFE AND DEATH OF THE BLACK CROWES'.  Read that one and find out what the Robinson brothers are really like...

Couldn't agree more. This is probably the most ridiculous interview I've ever read btw:

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-features/black-crowes-chris-rich-robinson-reunion-910453/

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Thanks for the book recommendation. Just ordered it.

I've seen them a number of times and agree, some shows have been fantastic, other's very average. Those first two albums I still thoroughly enjoy, and also like their sound when Luther Dickinson was hired for a while.

Cash grab no doubt, but I'd still probably enjoy myself hearing/watching them belt out Shake Your Money Maker from front to back live. Certainly isn't a reunion though lol.

• Like 1

Time for the Robinson bros to Shake THEIR Money Maker.  Must of run out of money, and/or Kate Hudson's alimony payment is too Hard to Handle.

I saw them twice back in the day.  They were good as a headliner one time.  And I saw them open for Tom Petty another time.

But for this go-around, I will be sitting it out.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, KURT19 said:

Thanks. Ive been wodering what the issue has always been between rick and chris. Love their first 2 albums, and will also buy the book. Ive seen interviews where steve doesnt want to take part in any "reunion".

The brothers, chris and rick probably more chris,  always had that 70s bohemian vibe......funny what money can do.

1 hour ago, lame ass security said:

I've always liked the Crowes and the soap opera dynamic of Chris and Rich.  I always thought Izzy would've been better suited in a band like that.

If chris is abit like axl you wont see izzy at all :lol:

Edited by Sydney Fan
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Sydney Fan said:

Thanks. Ive been wodering what the issue has always been between rick and chris. Love their first 2 albums, and will also buy the book. Ive seen interviews where steve doesnt want to take part in any "reunion".

The brothers, chris and rick probably more chris,  always had that 70s bohemian vibe......funny what money can do.

If chris is abit like axl you wont see izzy at all :lol:

True, lol, I was talking strictly musically.  They have that dirty blues sound that Izzy likes to play.

• Like 1

I saw The Magpie Salute a few months ago, which ironically has more The Black Crowes members than this actual "reunion" lol

Chris and Rich are hiring randoms in order to save money.  But it is insane that Rich would ditch Marc Ford in Magpie only to rejoin the band without even asking him

• Sad 3

Just now, moreblack said:

I like almost all of their pre 2005 reunion albums, but never really that one. A set of nothing but Moneymaker's gonna miss most of my favorite songs. Pass.

They're doing "all the hits!" too... What a joke. 

Honestly, the only album of theirs I didn't love was Warpaint. I liked the first track, but that was it. 

30 minutes ago, moreblack said:

Steve Gorman's take on this, I dunno who they got drumming now and I don't care, but it won't be the same.

Thanks for this, I didn't even know about this podcast! I feel the same way about the drumming situation. I love to hear Steve talk about this stuff and can't wait to listen to this. 

On 11/11/2019 at 10:09 AM, RussTCB said:

Not a reunion in any way, shape or form. Pretty much the definition of a cash grab. I figured I'd start a thread though in case anyone wants to discuss it and/or argue with me lol

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/black-crowes-2020-reunion-tour-dates-910124/

What is the issue with a cash grab? Almost every band who tours regardless of reason is a cash grab. 

On 11/11/2019 at 10:42 AM, soon said:

Forget Chris Robinson, I wanna hear what Chris Pitman would have to say :lol:

Its strange with Rich agreeing to this. It was Chris who got greedy and broke up the band, and then Rich starts like a 20 piece band so he clearly wasnt in that for the money (or he'd have a smaller band). Wonder what motivates him for this "reunion?" I guess money too. Its just more curious to me.

Do people figure they can even fill the Forum anymore?

I don’t believe The Black Crowes are an arena band, so some of the venues are a head scratcher. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, moreblack said:

Ugh, so stiff. Wasn't bad but it lacks all the Crowes swagger.

The drummer is worse than I expected :/

1 hour ago, KURT19 said:

A total travesty there.

You're both absolutely correct. That's exactly what I was expecting from the sound of this version of The Black Crowes. 

30 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

The fuck you guys bitching about?  They nailed "Hard to Handle" on Stern.   Chris sounds one HELL of a lot of better than just about all of the 80s/90s dinosaur reunion acts on tour these days.

No, no, no, no, no.....that's not "nailing" Hard To Handle..... THIS is nailing Hard To Handle:

36 minutes ago, The Holographic Universe said:

What is the issue with a cash grab? Almost every band who tours regardless of reason is a cash grab. 

Yes all bands tour for money, but that's totally beside the point here. 

• Like 1