COVID-19: Quarantine Self Help Group

lilacmess

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The reason I ask is I am sort of stuck in limbo land regarding a holiday to Krakow I had booked. Wondered what everyone else is doing? There are big travelers on here like Evan, Soul and Dazey.

I'm not even thinking about travel until this is all dies down next year. It's just not worth the hassle at the moment.

That said you're in a different position to me. For me it's a pain in the arse if I have to self quarantine when I get back as I wouldn't get paid for it and would have to keep Jr. off school too. 

If it were just me and I was self employed in the way you are I'd probably go for it.

Edited by Dazey

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

The reason I ask is I am sort of stuck in limbo land regarding a holiday to Krakow I had booked. Wondered what everyone else is doing? There are big travelers on here like Evan, Soul and Dazey.

you'll probably get a voucher. I've been in that boat recently. A voucher for stress I call that. Took an immense amount of hassle to rebook our trip, since the hotel was making unreasonable conditions. It turned out good, but that's a case that took 9 months of my time and attention.

never again.

Just now, Dazey said:

I'm not even thinking about travel until this is all dies down next year. It's just not worth the hassle at the moment.

That is the opinion I am arriving at, yet I know people who have just came back from Turkey and Poland, and somebody who is going back to Poland in two weeks, and had a great time, and said stuff like: ''life is far more normal out there except a bit of mask wearing - much more normal than here''.

Just now, action said:

you'll probably get a voucher. I've been in that boat recently. A voucher for stress I call that. Took an immense amount of hassle to rebook our trip, since the hotel was making unreasonable conditions. It turned out good, but that's a case that took 9 months of my time and attention.

never again.

No. What happened is Jet2 bailed on my flight with a full refund. And I had a free cancellation on the hotel. No money lost then. But Ryanair and BA are still running flights from other airports and both have covidy schemes; Ryanair allow you to push the date of the flight forward until March, only playing additional balance. BA are even better, whereby you can cancel whenever you want with full refund. 

Im looking forward to some hikes in the foothills this fall. Do some foraging. And I day dream about doing some winter camping to work on my archery. But I have a cat, so Ill likely set up a stealth camp nearby and just go play there during the day sometimes.

I dont believe Ill be seeing the ocean anytime soon. And I cant imagine someone even thinking of proper travel right now either. Certainly dont travel to the pandemic hell that is my surging city!

Stay. Home.

18 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Fortunately I managed to get away in January for a city trip to France right before all this shit started, and I probably would have made another city trip to somewhere this summer that I hadn't decided on yet, I always book something last-minute anyway, but obviously I'm not going anywhere now. I see a lot of people still travelling and going on vacation abroad, but I'm not taking that risk. My parents were supposed to go to Krakow too this spring, but that also got cancelled.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

No. What happened is Jet2 bailed on my flight with a full refund. And I had a free cancellation on the hotel. No money lost then. But Ryanair and BA are still running flights from other airports and both have covidy schemes; Ryanair allow you to push the date of the flight forward until March, only playing additional balance. BA are even better, whereby you can cancel whenever you want with full refund. 

ryanair are the worst when it comes to refunding

• Like 1