New music or an autobiography from Axl?

DurhamGirl

Neither, I think he'd do well to retire at the moment.  I mean lets face it, he's never gonna make something that measures up to Appetite, Lies or Illusions...Chi Dem might be naff but its also sort of like this huge mythical fuckin' thing that was 13 years and millions of dollars in the making, created under certain types of duress, it can be forgiven or at least adds to  the legend somewhat.  When the next ones a shitter its gonna wound the legacy somewhat.  So fuck it, jack it in, keep fans hanging on indefinitely for the possibility of an album and just keep touring and doing your thing.  They guy is 50 odd years old and its hardly the era of rock music anymore. 

As for an autobiography, fuck, can you imagine how long one of those would take to produce for someone who works at Axls place?  Memoirs are a notoriously leisurely undertaking, Axl will be still working on his by the time he croaks. 

Axl has a very unique voice to his writing style. His tweets are sometimes difficult to follow. His open letters and essays are easier to read but one needs to make assumptions about Axls inner monologue to make sense of his text a lot of the time. I know it would be either cowritten or ghost written, but still in his voice. So I think we'd have a "deciphering Axls book" thread lol

If this was a proper reunion I'd love an album. Not so keen on something with Dizzy, Axl and Ms "Member-Member" all adding the many layers of keyboards that the fanbase is clamouring for! As it is Ill take Chinese leftovers as an Axl solo album.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Len Cnut said:

Neither, I think he'd do well to retire at the moment.  I mean lets face it, he's never gonna make something that measures up to Appetite, Lies or Illusions...Chi Dem might be naff but its also sort of like this huge mythical fuckin' thing that was 13 years and millions of dollars in the making, created under certain types of duress, it can be forgiven or at least adds to  the legend somewhat.  When the next ones a shitter its gonna wound the legacy somewhat.  So fuck it, jack it in, keep fans hanging on indefinitely for the possibility of an album and just keep touring and doing your thing.  They guy is 50 odd years old and its hardly the era of rock music anymore. 

As for an autobiography, fuck, can you imagine how long one of those would take to produce for someone who works at Axls place?  Memoirs are a notoriously leisurely undertaking, Axl will be still working on his by the time he croaks. 

but when it comes to musicians you're still into, don't you like some of their later works that don't even come close to their best shit? not sure Axl needs to release an album that measures up to the old stuff for it to be worthy of release. A lot of Gn'R fans like Chinese I think.

Mostly those who appreciate certain elements of the music that don't involve Slash and now that Slash is back, I'd like to hear what they can do together even if they're not relevant anymore and the genre has kinda run its course. I don't mind as long as the music will not be a different regurgitated version of past releases.

Edited by Rovim

5 minutes ago, Rovim said:

but when it comes to musicians you're still into, don't you like some of their later works that don't even come close to their best shit? not sure Axl needs to release an album that measures up to the old stuff for it to be worthy for release. A lot of Gn'R fans like Chinese I think.

Mostly those who appreciate certain elements of the music that don't involve Slash and now that Slash is back, I'd like to hear what they can do together even if they're not relevant anymore and the genre has kinda run its course. I don't mind as long as the music will not be a different regurgitated version of past releases.

I’m not sure that Axl and Co have got the requisite minerals, though you have a point.