Dexter: New Blood

AtariLegend

I thought the ending was fitting to what was a fantastic season. It certainly helped clear the way it ended so terribly with Dexter before.

I doubt we’ll get a Harrison spin off, as his character seemed to have had closure, by ending his dad’s dark passenger and his own, and not having the bad influence of Dexter over him, and why he is how he is (being born in blood etc).

By killing his father, the cycle now stops.

11 hours ago, metallex78 said:

I thought the ending was fitting to what was a fantastic season. It certainly helped clear the way it ended so terribly with Dexter before.

I doubt we’ll get a Harrison spin off, as his character seemed to have had closure, by ending his dad’s dark passenger and his own, and not having the bad influence of Dexter over him, and why he is how he is (being born in blood etc).

By killing his father, the cycle now stops.

All I see on the net now is that there might be a new season with Harrison. And they confirmed that Dexter is really dead. I wasn't nuts about this kid, so unless Michael C. Hall is his dark passenger guide I won't watch it with Harrison in the lead. I think it should just end this way that Dexter died to keep his son from becoming a serial killer or it'll be like Dexter died for nothing.

I'm glad yellowjackets has another season. That show is amazing

22 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Also loved the eater egg at the end when Harrison said: open your eyes and look at what you did

Which is exactly what Dex said to the first guy he kills in the first episode

Wow that's great you remember that. It was so long ago. Cool.

The final episode was pretty good until Dexter killed Logan. At that point everything else was absolute trash and it made me hate this revival. They teased a Dexter-Batista reunion that turned into nothing. Besides Angela didn’t have ANYTHING that could frame Dexter as Matt’s killer or the BHB. Specially after her finding Kurt’s base, Dexter’s defense was pretty solid.

I was actually looking forward to this season. I was ranking it above seasons 6/7/8, which honestly up to the ending, it is.

I think the idea of Harrison killing Dexter was the way to go, but not like this. It should have been a 2-season revival, specially considering the huge success it had.

Edited by GNRfanMILO
  • Like 2

Well, I don't think Harrison can carry a show alone and yeah, I thought Batista and Dexter would meet too. Bet he could have made Batista believe he wasn't the BHB too. lol

I know Angela is a terrible cop and after seeing that room of death done by Kurt I mean come on!

Was hoping this new version would make me feel better but honestly killing Dexter just pissed me off. Too many unanswered questions too about Kurt and Molly being his last victim. Wasn't Angela curious about any of that? It just left too many things open and I honestly don't care to find out anything anymore with Dexter dead.

Have Harrison become a serial killer would defeat the purpose of him killing Dexter when Dexter wanted a better life for him.

Still can't believe a child of 1 can remember shit. lol I think listening to Molly's podcast made Harrison picture what happened in his mind. No way a child that young can remember something like that.

Dexter was a little older than Harrison when his mom was killed and he didn't remember he had a brother who also was a serial killer and Dexter killed him. Crazy shit.

12 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I'm confused people are surprised Dexter is dead. I mean, wasn't it obvious that was going to happen? It was clear, it was just gonna be 1 season, so obviously he's going to die somehow at the end.

Well, not there's talk about a series with Harrison. I mean Dexter died to save his son from becoming a serial killer like him, so if this happens, Dexter would have died for nothing. I won't watch a series with Harrison. Don't think this kid can carry a show and it would be stupid since he killed his dad because he blamed him for everyone good getting killed.

Dexter's dead, so let it be done. I don't like that Dexter died, but after watching the new season I realized the show would never be as good as the original seasons when it all began.

I read that the kid that plays Harrison would be up to do another series. I don't get it at all? Dexter was killed so Harrison could be okay with his life.  If he becomes a serial killer, then Dexter dying was a HUGE mistake.

It's possible for SHO to do a pre-quel to Dexter and have the actor who played Harrison, Dexter in his younger years, so we can see when his killings all started and maybe Michael C. Hall can play the part of his dad. That might be interesting.

23 hours ago, EvanG said:

Who is to say he has the same ''urges'' as Dexter anyway? Just because of those few incidents, it doesn't mean he's as messed up as Dexter ever was.

Exactly. I know he wasn't too happy to see Dexter cut up Kurt. I think with the right therapy and being in  a good home he should be okay. Maybe he needs to go to back to Florida and get with his sister and brother and maybe his grandparents. Harrison isn't alone. He does have family. I just don't want the show coming back with Harrison as a serial killer because Dexter's death would have been a waste.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Coma16 said:

I dont understand how Harrisons natural urges would ultimately be cured because he murdered his father.

Lots of good therapy. Learning to keep his anger in check. Maybe getting back with his siblings and family members.

Dexter didn't kill anyone for 8 years, and he was a real serial killer. I think Harrison has a chance if he can find a good doctor. Harrison's anger was partly due to no relationship with Dexter. He understood at the end in reading the letter that Dexter wanted to protect his son and the best way was to keep him out of Dexter's life.  It sucked that Hannah died and he went to find him. I want to know if/when he met his siblings in Florida or didn't bother to get with them. Or even talking to the Miami friends that his dad worked with. There's a lot of things that were left out. SHO should have showed what Harrison's trip from SA to the US entailed. Maybe that's the way SHO would go if they had a show about Harrison. don't think it would be as good as Dexter though.

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/11/2022 at 10:12 PM, GNRfanMILO said:

The final episode was pretty good until Dexter killed Logan. At that point everything else was absolute trash and it made me hate this revival. They teased a Dexter-Batista reunion that turned into nothing. Besides Angela didn’t have ANYTHING that could frame Dexter as Matt’s killer or the BHB. Specially after her finding Kurt’s base, Dexter’s defense was pretty solid.

I was actually looking forward to this season. I was ranking it above seasons 6/7/8, which honestly up to the ending, it is.

I think the idea of Harrison killing Dexter was the way to go, but not like this. It should have been a 2-season revival, specially considering the huge success it had.

Yep. Totally agree. That last half hour pretty much killed an otherwise solid season which, for once, didn't have too many head scratching moments.

On 1/3/2022 at 6:23 PM, AtariLegend said:

He literally killed 100's people and not all of them were guilty. He killed the wrong person on more than one occasion and multiple people at different points who never met his code, then just brushed it of over the course of the original 8 series.

He literally looks like he just came after he kills them. All the trophies? The lives he destroyed. He literally has his son disposing of the body parts of that guy and thinks that showing his son how to be a killer like ole dad is quality family bonding. He's a psycho. I think the fact the show went so long, means people don't remember that he didn't just kill serial killers.

Anyway, only one more episode left. I'm thinking Batista shows up again (or hoping). I still kind of hold out hope that Harrison will turn on his dad. He's obviously gonna find out that Dexter killed Trinity before he knew Harrison's mother was dead and realise that Dexter is the reason Trinity targeted her. Unless the writers forgot. 

I just want him to get caught, you know as opposed to killed? How about an ending where the bad guy isn't killed and has to stand trial.

Also this was the best episode of this show since season 4 and one of the darkest episodes ever.

Yes. But that was that. Those were accidents. Not on purpose. Or just assholes, who deserved it anyway. ;) Matt was borderline. But given the situation, kinda excuseable. And though, he is a psycho. That's the point. Though a psycho with morals. What crossed the line for me though was Logan. And that kinda ruined everything. For me that was the point of no return and really kinda smeared everything that came before. And the ending was just kinda cheap.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yes. But that was that. Those were accidents. Not on purpose. Or just assholes, who deserved it anyway. ;) Matt was borderline. But given the situation, kinda excuseable. And though, he is a psycho. That's the point. Though a psycho with morals. What crossed the line for me though was Logan. And that kinda ruined everything. For me that was the point of no return and really kinda smeared everything that came before. And the ending was just kinda cheap.

Yeah, didn't like Dexter killing the cop. He could have knocked him out. I think the producers of this show wanting Dexter to cross the line, so when he was killed the fans would think it was okay. But I agree the ending sucked. didn't like Dexter gettnig killed by his own son.

Well, that's that for this show. i won't watch a show with harrison in the lead. didn't like this character at all.

• 7 months later...

Over the summer, Showtime confirmed that it was "actively" working on the future of Dexter, meaning the series would have life after The Bay Harbor Butcher's death. Many have been speculating as to what this could look like and it seems Showtime is still trying to figure that out as well. As spotted by DexterDaily, Showtime Networks president Gary Levine told TVLine that it's still too soon to say what the future looks like, but showered Dexter: New Blood in praise.

"It's too soon to say," Said Levine. "We're still basking in the glow of the limited series, which was everything we hoped for."

So, it sounds like they're still developing ideas for what a hypothetical Dexter: New Blood season 2 looks like or some other spin-off.

https://comicbook.com/tv-shows/news/dexter-new-blood-season-2-new-update-showtime/