Stonks, Shares, Trading and Other Nonsense

Dazey

Crypto's are still mostly going up for me :thumbsup:

Put £200 into ADA Cardano and it's now worth £450 (+£250)
Put £480 into ETH Ethereum and it's now worth £950 (+£470)
Put £450 into the BCI5 index and it's now worth £700 (+£250)
Put £190 into BCI25 and it's now worth £290 (+£100)
Put £100 into XRP and it's now worth £25 (-£75)

Thats about £1000 profit from just 4 of my crypto's in the last month. The only crypto I've lost money on is XRP which is probably dead in the water now, but I'll hold it anyway incase by some miracle it goes back up in value (it wont, but I refuse to sell at a loss lol)

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone been following what went down with GME and /r/wallstreetbets on reddit? A lot of people made a lot of money, unfortunately I'm not one of them :lol: Hope some of you guys were able to win big though :thumbsup:

My crypto investments are mostly holding steady at the minute. The latest cryptocoin I've invested in is called "BEST" from BitPanda.com. Currently $0.36 per coin and I think they can easily hit $1 each by the end of the year, wish me luck :D

On 1/7/2021 at 1:46 AM, downliner said:

Crypto's are still mostly going up for me :thumbsup:

Put £200 into ADA Cardano and it's now worth £450 (+£250)
Put £480 into ETH Ethereum and it's now worth £950 (+£470)
Put £450 into the BCI5 index and it's now worth £700 (+£250)
Put £190 into BCI25 and it's now worth £290 (+£100)
Put £100 into XRP and it's now worth £25 (-£75)

Thats about £1000 profit from just 4 of my crypto's in the last month. The only crypto I've lost money on is XRP which is probably dead in the water now, but I'll hold it anyway incase by some miracle it goes back up in value (it wont, but I refuse to sell at a loss lol)

Whats the time span on those returns?

On 1/26/2021 at 4:27 PM, spunko12345 said:

Whats the time span on those returns?

I invested in those 5 coins you quoted around December 10th 2020 so it was about 1 month for those returns. I've not cashed out any profits yet though as I think these coins will have more value in future :)

Edited by downliner
  • Like 1

Should we add a notice in the first post of this thread? Im thinking something along the lines of:

"Don't take financial advice from users on this forum. Only invest what you can afford to lose."

I like posting about crypto's, stocks, options etc but wouldn't want anyone to lose money off the back of a comment that I or anyone else has made here :)

A little while ago I read that "only the financially illiterate invest in cryptocurrency" which might explain why Im investing it :lol:

10 hours ago, downliner said:

Should we add a notice in the first post of this thread? Im thinking something along the lines of:

"Don't take financial advice from users on this forum. Only invest what you can afford to lose."

I like posting about crypto's, stocks, options etc but wouldn't want anyone to lose money off the back of a comment that I or anyone else has made here :)

A little while ago I read that "only the financially illiterate invest in cryptocurrency" which might explain why Im investing it :lol:

Well I "invested" 50 quid in the Green Bay Packers on the weekend and that went straight down the toilet so anyone listening to financial advice from me should definately think again 😁

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, downliner said:

I invested in those 5 coins you quoted around December 10th 2020 so it was about 1 month for those returns. I've not cashed out any profits yet though as I think these coins will have more value in future :)

Personally I would cash out the value of your initial investment so at a minimum you break even and then your playing with free money risk free.

3 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

Personally I would cash out the value of your initial investment so at a minimum you break even and then your playing with free money risk free.

Mate of mine had £35,000 in Bitcoin six months ago. Cunt’s already doubled his money. 😡

• Like 1

5 hours ago, arnold layne said:

WSB threatening a class action lawsuit against Robinhood. 

It will be as effective as Trump's lawsuits trying to overturn the election.

Robinhood was within its rights to block purchases into an asset that was actively and transparently being manipulated.

Robinhood account holders won't have any recourse.  Not only is Robinhood protected by its terms and conditions, it also has a fiduciary duty to both its members and itself to shut down anything that's being manipulated.  It's actually a legal requirement if you run a trading platform.  

Don't get me wrong, I loved and cheered the Reddit investors on.  I thought the whole thing was glorious and it was great to see the hedgies take a massive beating the last few days.  

But Robinhood is not going to lose any sleep from any class-action lawsuit over this.

50 minutes ago, downzy said:

It will be as effective as Trump's lawsuits trying to overturn the election.

Robinhood was within its rights to block purchases into an asset that was actively and transparently being manipulated.

Robinhood account holders won't have any recourse.  Not only is Robinhood protected by its terms and conditions, it also has a fiduciary duty to both its members and itself to shut down anything that's being manipulated.  It's actually a legal requirement if you run a trading platform.  

Don't get me wrong, I loved and cheered the Reddit investors on.  I thought the whole thing was glorious and it was great to see the hedgies take a massive beating the last few days.  

But Robinhood is not going to lose any sleep from any class-action lawsuit over this.

No but they will lose a shit load of users, and their reputation is shot. 

Good points though.

Just now, hudsonsaul said:

No but they will lose a shit load of users, and their reputation is shot. 

Good points though.

No argument there.  

But then the question becomes, where do they go?  All financial trading platforms are bound by the same regulations and susceptible to the same civil liabilities if they allow their platforms to be taken over by market manipulators.  

Just now, downzy said:

No argument there.  

But then the question becomes, where do they go?  All financial trading platforms are bound by the same regulations and susceptible to the same civil liabilities if they allow their platforms to be taken over by market manipulators.  

Dunno, but you're right. Everyone generally is reacting that it was RH that blocked people from trading. I can't use RH due to my location, but mine was also blocked - due to all the halts that kept getting put on GME by the stock exchange. Fact that RH is tainted with that brush now, means they'll lose large portions of their user base which impacts their income obviously.

Imagine being me, with no purpose or direction, putting all the spare change I can find into Robinhood as my "retirement" (No job pays a liveable wage anymore). 

Then 60 years go by, and I can finally afford a month of rent at some squalor apartment in Chicago. Hooray! 

BUT WAIT!

I cannot sell my shares because some asshole on his yaht around the coastal region of Italy is losing his hooker money! God forbid! 

So my assets are frozen! The stock falls. Falling faster than an airliner. 📉

Fuck me! I guess I'm eating trash and living under a bridge again. 

24 minutes ago, arnold layne said:

Imagine being me, with no purpose or direction, putting all the spare change I can find into Robinhood as my "retirement" (No job pays a liveable wage anymore). 

Then 60 years go by, and I can finally afford a month of rent at some squalor apartment in Chicago. Hooray! 

BUT WAIT!

I cannot sell my shares because some asshole on his yaht around the coastal region of Italy is losing his hooker money! God forbid! 

So my assets are frozen! The stock falls. Falling faster than an airliner. 📉

Fuck me! I guess I'm eating trash and living under a bridge again. 

Your flair for the dramatics would be funny if what you wrote is inline with what's happening.

Your assets aren't frozen.

Robinhood did not prevent people from selling their shares.  They only prevented their customers from engaging in a blatant attempt to manipulate a stock.

I'm not saying what Robinhood was right by denying people from buying more.  There's an argument to be made that if people want to be dumb with their money, let them. 

But let's not conflate what happened with people having their assets frozen.  

Reddit users are now trying to pump the meme-crypto DOGECOIN and I've jumped on it too out of fear of missing out. Bought £75 worth an hour ago and it's already worth £100 :lol: It's had 400% growth in one day, pretty ridiculous. I paid $0.03 per DOGE and Reddit are trying to pump it to $1 per DOGE :D

It's trending on Twitter now so I might be buying a Lambo in the morning lol.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, downliner said:

Reddit users are now trying to pump the meme-crypto DOGECOIN and I've jumped on it too out of fear of missing out. Bought £75 worth an hour ago and it's already worth £100 :lol: It's had 400% growth in one day, pretty ridiculous. I paid $0.03 per DOGE and Reddit are trying to pump it to $1 per DOGE :D

It's trending on Twitter now so I might be buying a Lambo in the morning lol.

Good luck!

(Though I hate to break it to you that even if it reaches $1 per coin, your investment will be worth £2300 or so; a nice return but a little short if you’re already shopping for Lambos)

• Haha 1

@downzy I've been giving them the benefit of the doubt on the decision, but it doesn't justify the very irresponsible (if we're not calling it shady) way they went about it - lowkey suspending the stocks an hour or two before market open. It was obvious this would crush the price. Crushing the price benefits one group of people over the other. They had a choice about how to execute this decision.