Collaborations

10 hours ago, darkside259 said:

What about metallica? they did it

Metallica aren't 'relevant' though. They're the same as GN'R - a legacy act whose standing in music is secure. You'll never have a Metallica or a GN'R storming the charts.

Frankly it doesn't matter to us though, and shouldn't. They'll still tour and hopefully put out music which should be more important than chart performance etc.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, AtlasShrugged said:

Metallica aren't 'relevant' though. They're the same as GN'R - a legacy act whose standing in music is secure. You'll never have a Metallica or a GN'R storming the charts.

Frankly it doesn't matter to us though, and shouldn't. They'll still tour and hopefully put out music which should be more important than chart performance etc.

Pretty much all artists become legacy acts when they get older. Pop culture is youth oriented. The more an artist tries to capture or recapture that youth demographic the sillier they look. Doesn't mean that young people won't like the music of a band like Guns n Roses or attend their shows. 

I definitely would love to hear Guns N' Roses (or even just Axl) making something with some new mainstream artists out there.

There are plenty relevant artist who would love work with them and could help to make the band more relevant for newer generations.

Maneskin, Billie Eilish, Lana del Rey, Miley Cyrus (now that she's in a rockier sound), The Neighbourhood, even Biffy Clyro, etc.

I mean, Metallica has played with Gaga, the Stones played with Katty Perry, jeez, Guns can make something similar, (Pink doesn't count cause she's not mainstream relevant anymore).

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, El Guapo said:

Lana del Rey, I'd like to hear that. A nice and dark piano piece, duett with Axl. Maybe with a Slash solo, if it makes sense musically.

I've always thought that the night they were photographed leaving an Hotel in LA, they were not dating, instead, my guesses are that they were just talking about some kind of collab that came to nothing, since a few months later Lana released Ultraviolence wich had a song that was supposed to feat Lou Reed. 

1 hour ago, DanteStraviosky said:

I've always thought that the night they were photographed leaving an Hotel in LA, they were not dating, instead, my guesses are that they were just talking about some kind of collab that came to nothing, since a few months later Lana released Ultraviolence wich had a song that was supposed to feat Lou Reed. 

that was made up i mean why axl would be caught by the paparazis like that, and then they ask him about reunion? instead of dating lana? and the he said "not in this lifetime" and that was the reunion tour name, i mean lana del rey by his side to make more publicity, very good btw