Axl from ’99, ’05 and ’08

Well, as many have always talked about Axl’s appearance over the years, I wanted to join in :wow:. So, does anyone know if there are any photos of Axl in the years I mention in the title? I find them very curious because in those years it seems as if the earth had swallowed him up—there are no photos or public appearances of him. (Days ago I read here that there is a photo of him in 2005, where he has the goatee from 2006 with the braids from 2003, by the way.)

1 hour ago, rumandraisin said:

There is a 2005 pic of hi next to a flash looking car. Braids are dien like 2002 but he has a beard. Looks actually quite cool. 

Could you send me the photo, please? Sounds quite interesting and confirms what I had read about Axl from 2005.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Neider said:

Well, as many have always talked about Axl’s appearance over the years, I wanted to join in :wow:. So, does anyone know if there are any photos of Axl in the years I mention in the title? I find them very curious because in those years it seems as if the earth had swallowed him up—there are no photos or public appearances of him. (Days ago I read here that there is a photo of him in 2005, where he has the goatee from 2006 with the braids from 2003, by the way.)

This might be moved to the Use Your Illusion section. I've definitely seen it and you may be able to find it in the  thread mentioned. It's actually surprisingly hard to find now. He's standing with someone and looks like a hybrid of 2002 and 2006.

If you check my post in the wilderness years thread, I'm almost certain those pictures are of him from October 1999. I don't think there's any pictures of him from 2008. He seemed to disappear after the short tour they did in 2007 and didn't reappear until the tail end of 2009.

3 minutes ago, lost un the jungle said:

No, he had the hair tied in the back, like in 06. What server do you use to insert images? I'm driving crazy trying to post them

But maybe it's the picture @Neider was referring to.

I use servimg or imgbox. There are other servers like imgur, etc.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I use servimg or imgbox. There are other servers like imgur, etc.

Hurry up to download them before they get deleted...

41 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

@lost un the jungle do you mean the Korn tour announcement party? That was in January 2006

x_250710.jpg

This!!! thought it was late 05

Edited by lost un the jungle
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

When I click on "Insert image from URL" and past the link of each image, I get a red backgroud and doesn't work. Well, anyway, you guys have the album links, hope this shed some light on "the dark years" ;)

6 minutes ago, lost un the jungle said:

When I click on "Insert image from URL" and past the link of each image, I get a red backgroud and doesn't work. Well, anyway, you guys have the album links, hope this shed some light on "the dark years" ;)

Yes, it doesn't work that way. You have to open each image, then right click on it, "copy link location", and then paste the link:

wzkjfAoq_o.jpg

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, lost un the jungle said:

yes, might be. I heard here in Argentina that he had a girlfriend in Buenos Aires by 2000, he made an interview in the local radio

He's wearing the same outfit as in the last picture from your "2001 Brazil" album.

Rock & Pop Argentina radio? That was in Jan. 2001, after the Rio show, when he visited Argentina and Chile, right?

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

Where is this from? I guess it's 2000/2001.

axl_2020.jpg

Is it from Brazil? Looks like a theme party or something.

It looks like brazil, taking in count axl's look and hair

1 hour ago, Blackstar said:

He's wearing the same outfit as in the last picture from your "2001 Brazil" album.

Rock & Pop Argentina radio? That was in Jan. 2001, after the Rio show, when he visited Argentina and Chile, right?

Yes! the interview must be somewhere on the internet

13 minutes ago, lost un the jungle said:

Yes! the interview must be somewhere on the internet

Audio and transcription here:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t3079-2001-01-22-rock-pop-fm-argentina-interview-with-axl

And Rock & Pop Radio Chile a few days later:

https://www.a-4-d.com/t1682-2001-01-26-rock-pop-radio-chile-interview-with-axl

• Like 1