DC Fandome 2021

Georgy Zhukov

For all five DC fans across the multiverse. It is held on Saturday October 16th streaming 10am EST

New trailer for The Batman

Teasers for The Flash, Black Adam

BTS of Shazam 2 and Aquaman 2

Panels of cast and crew of these films. Maybe some concept art for upcoming Batgirl, Black Cananary, Zatanna, Green Lantern Corps, Justice League Dark, Supergirl, ect. 

• Thanks 1

On 10/16/2021 at 7:57 PM, downzy said:

Looks promising...

Finally a Batman movie that looks like a comic book. I loved the Nolan films until the day I die but as a Batman comics fan, this is my dream. Rob is going to be great, based on other movies he was in when he wasn't a sparkling twat, he has it in him to play Batman. I've always felt the best Batman actor can play Batman and The Joker. Michael Keaton could pull it off. Pattinson has the crazy in him to be Joker and Batman, Just glad it is Batman

23 hours ago, moreblack said:

the little Flash and Black Adam teasers looked good

Agreed. Those movies can't afford to suck. It does seem like a lot of love and care is going into them. The Rock has been wanting to make Black Adam for years. I have no doubt that will be good, but The Flash is what concerns me because it is a make it or break it film. If that fails, DCEU is toast. 

7 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

That ship has sailed. Snyder is doing his zombie projects and Hamada is going in a different direction. 

Snyder is also doing a Star Wars knockoff called Rebel Moon and his own interpretation of the Ragnarok myth called Twilight of the Gods. He’s also hoping to someday direct a retelling of the King Arthur myth set during the California gold rush, as well as a movie focusing on Alexander the Great’s gay relationships.

More on topic: I’m betting that secondary Flash role (long hair Ezra Miller) was originally meant to be Cyborg’s role in the Flash film.

8 hours ago, Georgy Zhukov said:

Finally a Batman movie that looks like a comic book. I loved the Nolan films until the day I die but as a Batman comics fan, this is my dream.

Yeah, I was and still am a big fan of the Nolan films, but I get what you're saying.  For me Nolan's films haven't aged as well as I thought they would, particularly the last two.  They seem more a product of their times, less so something timeless.  I've ended up liking Batman Begins the best of the three now, which I never would have thought back when they released.

It's funny when you look back at each Batman-universe film or era, they kind of speak to the times.  Nolan's films, particularly the last two, had elements of global finance/crime and the disease that was its response (the third was a pretty hard repudiation of the Occupy movement).  The Joker is a full-throated response and examination of the trends/currents that explain the Trump era.  It will be interesting to see how this new film fits into current trends and themes.   Pattinson's Batman appears to be the most emotionally charged Batman we've seen in movie form.  

2 hours ago, downzy said:

Of course.... 

Good golly miss Molly.....I really wish everyone didn't feel the need to rage about literally every little thing. 

On 10/18/2021 at 12:40 AM, Georgy Zhukov said:

but The Flash is what concerns me because it is a make it or break it film. If that fails, DCEU is toast. 

TBF it's not worth trying to keep it afloat. Too much negativity and tarnished reputation by now. They'd be better off doing strong standalones like Joker or The Batman. Bruce Timm's back to do another Batman animated series, Smallville's getting an animated show. DC Superhero Girls and Teen Titans have the young viewers. The movie universe can go.

• Like 2

On 10/19/2021 at 2:13 PM, moreblack said:

TBF it's not worth trying to keep it afloat. Too much negativity and tarnished reputation by now. They'd be better off doing strong standalones like Joker or The Batman. Bruce Timm's back to do another Batman animated series, Smallville's getting an animated show. DC Superhero Girls and Teen Titans have the young viewers. The movie universe can go.

And Shazam will be fine on its own. The animation teams are the only one who seem to give a shit about DC's other characters.

DC only gives a shit about Batman. If only they took risks with their other heroes like Marvel did. They only took risks because they had nothing else when they signed away rights to Spider-Man and Hulk. They can't even make The Flash without having two Batman in the movie.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 12/8/2022 at 6:58 PM, rocknroll41 said:

Wonder Woman 3 and Man Of Steel 2 both just got canceled.

Apparently they’re gonna hard-reboot the DCEU after Aquaman 2 and Jason Mamoa might get recast as Lobo.

I honestly wish they'd stop with the DCEU, it's been so shit and I'd rather they just tell different stories with the characters. I get there's new leadership now but I'm just not interested in DC doing what Marvel is doing. (I like Marvel to be clear just don't think it works with DC).

• Like 1