Axls cat died

1 hour ago, Bitchisback said:

We had to have our cat put down earlier this year, it still upsets me and the house feels very empty without her.

My condolences to Axl, losing a pet is very hard.  Especially if you love animals.

Shame on anybody who would make a joke.  Heartless.

Aw, you need to get a cat.  They can't be replaced but you can add to the family.

• Like 2

I remember Axl talking about his cat years back.  It must have been when he first got one.  He sounded a little unsure about cats.  Like maybe the cat was sizing him up and he wasn't really sure if he was making the cut.   He was a little intimidated.  Apparently he passed the evaluation and he's cat approved.  Or house broke from the cat's point of view.  :lol:

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 1:12 AM, cineater said:

Aw, you need to get a cat.  They can't be replaced but you can add to the family.

I am really but I don't think my girl is.  I need to find a way to get a few cats in front of her eyes though because it's a lot harder to resist them when they are in front of your eyes lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bitchisback said:

I am really but I don't think my girl is.  I need to find a way to get a few cats in front of her eyes though because it's a lot harder to resist them when they are in front of your eyes lol

Make it fluffy, who can resist a little fluff ball?  :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

I was late hearing about this but as a vintage poster from the 'Ramano 08 Dexter was here' era even I had to come back to say sorry for the loss Axl.

Axl loved that cat, if you had a dog or cat you loved ya get it, and mocking it just shows you care about your favorite bands front man none. That's right, none I say! Well maybe a bit strong but c'mon, he loved the show Dexter, named his cat after it, then named himself after that cat when he chose his SN! Yes I'm sure it was in that order. 

Oh, also Happy new year for the past 10 years or so, cheers! 

• Like 1

On 11/25/2021 at 6:33 AM, cineater said:

I remember Axl talking about his cat years back.  It must have been when he first got one.  He sounded a little unsure about cats.  Like maybe the cat was sizing him up and he wasn't really sure if he was making the cut.   He was a little intimidated.  Apparently he passed the evaluation and he's cat approved.  Or house broke from the cat's point of view.  :lol:

He talked about Dexter here a lot in the 08 sessions when he went board to board for 2 days. After that even a few posts. He said Dexter was a 'vicious hunter', and 'would change food brands he wanted at the most inopportune times.' Paraphrased, but as my memory recalls. 

5 hours ago, axlskAmpf said:

He talked about Dexter here a lot in the 08 sessions when he went board to board for 2 days. After that even a few posts. He said Dexter was a 'vicious hunter', and 'would change food brands he wanted at the most inopportune times.' Paraphrased, but as my memory recalls. 

Didn't Axl go by the name Dexter here as well?

So was the cat named after the show?  I quit reading the 2008 posts at some point.  Axl lost his shit, imo.  Was he drinking, was he on drugs?  He got really ugly with that one girl.  Not that I ever cared for what she said but I really wasn't going to hang around for what Axl was putting out there.  Too ugly to even read.

Had to be the show. It was pretty popular at the time and he used it on this board as well. I wasn't around for all this drama but I heard about it.

Axl seemed like he was in a very bitter, dark place once Chinese Democracy did release. From his perspective he felt the whole thing was taken out of his control.

After his activity in late 2008 on forums and some interviews in early 2009, he kind of vanished until December 2009.

22 hours ago, mystery said:

Had to be the show. It was pretty popular at the time and he used it on this board as well. I wasn't around for all this drama but I heard about it.

Axl seemed like he was in a very bitter, dark place once Chinese Democracy did release. From his perspective he felt the whole thing was taken out of his control.

After his activity in late 2008 on forums and some interviews in early 2009, he kind of vanished until December 2009.

I think he was drinking.  The years get blurred but I hope that table slap was his last round with drinking. 

Never seen that show.

Yeah I wasn't into the drama then either or now.  :lol:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 1/10/2022 at 11:21 PM, cineater said:

So was the cat named after the show?  I quit reading the 2008 posts at some point.  Axl lost his shit, imo.  Was he drinking, was he on drugs?  He got really ugly with that one girl.  Not that I ever cared for what she said but I really wasn't going to hang around for what Axl was putting out there.  Too ugly to even read.

OK so a few months late, sorry. Yes Axl said in 08 the cat and his SN were named after the show. I was a frequent poster then, he answered my question about regrets, and the girl he got ugly with was the moderator Madison. There was some history there. 

Edited by axlskAmpf
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, axlskAmpf said:

OK so a few months late, sorry. Yes Axl said in 08 the cat and his SN were named after the show. I was a frequent poster then, he answered my question about regrets, and the girl he got ugly with was the moderator Madison. There was some history there. 

i rember them days well he tore her a new arserhole never liked her when she was mod she took the whole mod to extreme shouldnt really say this but i found it so funny the rant to her 

rip dexter 

• Like 1