Covid-19 Thread

adamsapple

3 minutes ago, SuperBlaine said:

I should clarify, I said China were negligent. Not deliberately spreading the virus, there is a difference.  As for that article, that's a Chinese News outlet run by the CCP.

And I have said they likely could have done things quicker. I guess most countries will learn from this pandemic and hopefully we will respond more efficiently the next time a new infectious disease emerges.

And you also said, "their twisted government is 100% at fault for spreading the virus around the globe…" ;)

Edited by SoulMonster

5 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

This article singularly refers to domestic flights. Anyway I have to get going, I appreciate your enthusiasm and I especially appreciate your GNR contributions over the years. Have a good day.

Edited by SuperBlaine

To the people with school age kids are you sending them back into school soon/have you already? 

Mines 4 and going from nursery into school in September so not going to bother with last few weeks of nursery which is pretty sad that he won't be going again but seems pointless.

He has asd and doesn't like being in busy groups so quite good at social distancing but if he saw the nursery teachers he knows all wearing masks he would freak out. Hopefully won't be an issue in school as it's all new anyway so he will just think ok they wear masks here then.

Edited by spunko12345

Just now, SuperBlaine said:

This article singularly refers to domestic flights. 

Do you think they would say, "Wuhan’s airport has reopened for operations, ending more than two months’ of inactivity due to the coronavirus outbreak" if they only meant domestic flights? Seem to me they are talking about the entire airport having been shut down. And the reason for why the focus is on domestic flights is likely because those were the first to start again after China got control of the epidemic (the article is from April) while the rest of the world was struggling and had imposed their own restrictions on travel to China. 

6 minutes ago, spunko12345 said:

To the people with school age kids are you sending them back into school soon/have you already? 

Mines 4 and going from nursery into school in September so not going to bother with last few weeks of nursery which is pretty sad that he won't be going again but seems pointless.

He has asd and doesn't like being in busy groups so quite good at social distancing but if he saw the nursery teachers he knows all wearing masks he would freak out. Hopefully won't be an issue in school as it's all new anyway so he will just think ok they wear masks here then.

Yes, we sent ours back (8 and 10) some weeks ago. The school had to reorganize into smakker groups with social distancing but it has worked out really well. Next week they go back to normal organization. Despite opening up schools again there has been no increase in infections. And we don't use masks in Norway.

----------------------------------------------------

@SuperBlaine And "Since January 23, 2020, the airport [in Wuhan] has been closed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.[6] This is part of the 2020 Hubei lockdowns, a response to the pandemic. The airport reopened on April 8, 2020 following a large-scale disinfection.[7] [Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wuhan_Tianhe_International_Airport].

Edited by SoulMonster
  • Like 1

Now with all the protests and riots, I'm sure the virus will spread faster now. I see many people not wearing masks nor keeping their distance.

See what I mean about how stupid people can be and how crafty an infection can be. Just infect humans because a lot of them won't do what they should do to stay well and keep others safe.

It's so sad.

the school boards in Texas, there are different ones in every Texas city, are working on plans for school kids.

they may have some kids go back to school and of course distancing their desks and the staff wearing masks and gloves and other kids still doing online work.

also kids will be having lunch in their classrooms and not in the cafeteria. Nothing has been decided yet. The schools have been closed since March 9 when spring break began and have been closed every since. Schools officially closed on May 21. Usually the school boards are closed for the summer months and school was to begin on August 13. I doubt schools will begin that early. I don't envy them trying to decide what to do and to keep our kids safe. My daughter goes back into the 4th grade and I'm worried about her going back to school. Kids need to socialize more then adults do, so keeping them apart will be hard.

Trying to just enjoy our summer right now and not thinking about school. I think it all depends on this virus and how the numbers are by August.

I did read that the European countries that opened schools again didn't have a big increase in kids getting ill. I hope that continues.

9 hours ago, spunko12345 said:

I have nephews/a nice and I don't think my sister is bothering putting them in.

I don't know why they don't just give the year up ''as a bad job'' and start properly in September. 

• Like 1

For Soul's perusal,

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/05/30/coronavirus-norway-wonders-should-have-like-sweden/

What a bunch of idiots, the people jumping, the people even at the beach - all idiocy! 

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/11745843/three-seriously-hurt-jumping-cliffs-durdle-door/

Edited by DieselDaisy

my kid goes back to school, and it was about time he did. being deprived of kids of his age, being locked up within 4 walls... it doesn't do good to any kid.

all in all, this epidemy isn't any of my business anymore (that's why I don't post in this thread as much as I used to). the curve is at the end, we've all been sick with this, and frankly, I've had it up to here with this madness. I don't even wear mouth masks anymore in store. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Now with all the protests and riots, I'm sure the virus will spread faster now. I see many people not wearing masks nor keeping their distance.

See what I mean about how stupid people can be and how crafty an infection can be. Just infect humans because a lot of them won't do what they should do to stay well and keep others safe.

It's so sad.

I wonder if Cuomo will still be scratching his head figuring out why the minorities are hit so hard with Corona virus.  "Systemic racism"?

43 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

I wonder if Cuomo will still be scratching his head figuring out why the minorities are hit so hard with Corona virus.  "Systemic racism"?

If you share with me what you are struggling to understand about the issue of systemic racism, Id be happy to try and help you understand better.

5 hours ago, Swampfox said:

when my grandfather was ill and had to go to a hospital, my mom drove him. The ER was many made up of minorities. My dad had no insurance either and we waited hours for a doctor to see him and he had chest pains. Unfortunately, ERS are always over run with patients of many different races. 

I know before my grandfather got sick, he would never see a doctor. Many older people of all races never liked doctors. My grandfather was born in his house by a mid wife.

I don't know how to fix our medical systems. This virus has shown how unprepared the US has been and how many medical personal have died because they weren't told the truth.

Like I said so many different nationalities have been mistreated for one reason or another. I don't know why any immigrants came here. I guess where they came from was worse. But it is not easy for anyone to make their way here. My great grandparents worked hard in factories and became citizens and eventually bought a home. No one went to college and my grandfather worked since he was 8 years old, but he and my grandmother made a better life for my mom. That's what you should want for the future generations. You want them to be better and live a better life. I hope one day we can all work together to achieve that.

I would love to live in a world where people just accepted that we are all different and try to understand one another. You don't have to like everyone, but we need to live together for the sake of it.

On 5/30/2020 at 11:59 AM, SoulMonster said:

And I have said they likely could have done things quicker. I guess most countries will learn from this pandemic and hopefully we will respond more efficiently the next time a new infectious disease emerges.

And you also said, "their twisted government is 100% at fault for spreading the virus around the globe…" ;)

I hope you're right because people have a way of putting things out of their minds when things get better and then go right back to denial yet again. I think it's a human trait to just go on like you did before. But after this virus and showing our shortcomings in the medical field I do hope the medical people stay on top of things.

5 hours ago, soon said:

If you share with me what you are struggling to understand about the issue of systemic racism, Id be happy to try and help you understand better.

No thanks, I know all about it.  I work very hard and pay taxes to support the welfare system.

11 minutes ago, Swampfox said:

No thanks, I know all about it.  I work very hard and pay taxes to support the welfare system.

Actually the issue of systemic racism isn’t really typified by collection of income tax. Nor does the payment of said taxes indicate an understanding of anything much, including systemic racism.

2 minutes ago, soon said:

Actually the issue of systemic racism isn’t really typified by collection of income tax. Nor does the payment of said taxes indicate an understanding of anything much, including systemic racism.

Thank you.  I feel very enlightened now.

20 hours ago, action said:

my kid goes back to school, and it was about time he did. being deprived of kids of his age, being locked up within 4 walls... it doesn't do good to any kid.

all in all, this epidemy isn't any of my business anymore (that's why I don't post in this thread as much as I used to). the curve is at the end, we've all been sick with this, and frankly, I've had it up to here with this madness. I don't even wear mouth masks anymore in store. 

You have changed your tune? Hitherto, you spent the entirety of coronavirus acting like a hysterical fanny haha.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

You have changed your tune? Hitherto, you spent the entirety of coronavirus acting like a hysterical fanny haha.

all of that has pretty much stopped after I was sick with 39,8 ° fever. My wife and kid got it too.

there is no reason for me to even remotely care about this anymore. I'm either immune, or I respond mildly to this virus.

I've had my share. This is what was in store for me. Ok, fine, it sucked a bit though, but it's over and done with, and now it doesn't concern me anymore. bring on mcdonalds, book shops and gaming nights once more.

I can't help to think it's now all kind of "fashionable" to jump in the hysteria bandwagon. There are mouth masks everywhere, made of cotton, all sorts of colours of patterns and it's like a fashion / freak show. These masks do not even help - they're made of bloody cotton! what do these people want to achieve? and to think these people thought I was crazy for wearing a professional mouth mask when this was all starting and still a full blown epidemy. those people said it's just a flu. Look at them now! 

society as a whole is just crazy. I feel like the only normal person around, when walking the streets.