Halloween Ends

33 minutes ago, James Bond said:

I don't necessarily have the answer to that. I just find 5 to be a letdown after the excellent 4 in general. I do think there were probably better ways to explorer that idea than what we ended up with. Her being mute and having some weird Force connection with Michael plus the onslaught of the cult stuff is where I really feel like the series starting losing focus. I never get the sense of a payoff to the cliffhanger ending of 4.

Truthfully I would have rather had her be the villain. At least it would have been something fresh which I think is where the series keeps making the same mistakes by trying to rehash things but never advance them.

Well, that cliffhanger is best left as a cliffhanger and never fully resolved. ;) 
I try to tune out the Thorn thing. I mean, not even the movie makers knew what it was. Other than that, I'm pleased with the movie, all other problemes aside (different mask/house).
But I would really love, if they would pick up the story with Danielle Harris after 5.

Edited by PatrickS77
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Well, that cliffhanger is best left as a cliffhanger and never fully resolved. ;) 
I try to tune out the Thorn thing. I mean, not even the movie makers knew what it was. Other than that, I'm pleased with the movie, all other problemes aside (different mask/house).
But I would really love, if they would pick up the story with Danielle Harris after 5.

Now that is a Halloween film I could get behind.

Maybe that's what's next. We've had the retcon Strode trilogy. Now we need a retcon Jamie Lloyd trilogy.

5 hours ago, James Bond said:

Now that is a Halloween film I could get behind.

Maybe that's what's next. We've had the retcon Strode trilogy. Now we need a retcon Jamie Lloyd trilogy.

Yeah. In any other franchise this would be crazy, but since Halloween is the "choose your own adventure" franchise anyway, it would be the most logical way to go. ;) Danielle Harris would be interested in that.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, PatrickS77 said:

Yeah. In any other franchise this would be crazy, but since Halloween is the "choose your own adventure" franchise anyway, it would be the most logical way to go. ;) Danielle Harris would be interested in that.

I always get a kick out of explaining the various timelines to new fans at work, although I generally just watch them all chronologically when I give them a go and just ignore trying to make any sense of it all. :lol:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, James Bond said:

I always get a kick out of explaining the various timelines to new fans at work, although I generally just watch them all chronologically when I give them a go and just ignore trying to make any sense of it all. :lol:

I usually watch the original timeline one Halloween and the Laurie timeline the next Halloween. Though I mostly end up watching all the others too, before/after that.

Okay, I didn't like the Corey guy either, but if Michael had come back and just started killing people randomly again, would that have been better? 

I didn't understand why no one especially Laurie didn't go out and try to find Michael.  They all know he wouldn't have left Haddenfield, so I would have checked every place. Why did they think he was dead after everyone always said he wasn't human?

Anyway, I'm glad they ended it and Laurie can have some peace and the town can heal.

I figured Michael was wounded pretty bad after Halloween Kills and had to have been in his 70's in this movie. Maybe if they didn't keep saying that he was not human and could never die, it might have been more believable that he could actually die.  I just think Michael gave up by the last movie and wanted to end it all.

21 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Okay, I didn't like the Corey guy either, but if Michael had come back and just started killing people randomly again, would that have been better? 

I didn't understand why no one especially Laurie didn't go out and try to find Michael.  They all know he wouldn't have left Haddenfield, so I would have checked every place. Why did they think he was dead after everyone always said he wasn't human?

Anyway, I'm glad they ended it and Laurie can have some peace and the town can heal.

I figured Michael was wounded pretty bad after Halloween Kills and had to have been in his 70's in this movie. Maybe if they didn't keep saying that he was not human and could never die, it might have been more believable that he could actually die.  I just think Michael gave up by the last movie and wanted to end it all.

He was 6 when he killed his sister in '63. 21 when he broke out the first time 15 years later in '78. 61 when he broke out again 40 years later in '18. And thus 4 years later he is 65 and not in his 70s. That's the one thing that is pretty clear. The other stuff the writers would have to explain. But yeah, once again it doesn't make too much sense. And especially around Halloween it wouldn't be too stupid to expect him to resurface.

2 hours ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I can imagine it being revisited for the 50th anniversary of the original movie, which would be in 6 years.

especially after the trilogy was ended in such a horrible way

Yes. Halloween will never be done. As long as they are making money and they still do, they will milk that cow. They could continue after 5 with Danielle, they could continue after 6 without Danielle, they could continue after Resurrection with Josh, they could continue Zombie's Halloween, they could shoot him to space, they could do a crossover with some other horror franchise or they could do something completely different. Whatever it is, they will do something.

• Like 1

On 10/21/2022 at 12:05 PM, PatrickS77 said:

Also disagree on the second Zombie movie, as it is way better than the first. Only the first half (minus the white trash/Zombie stuff) is good. Once Michael escapes and starts to teleport to wherever he needs to be, the whole movie falls apart.

You're stating that like it's fact. ;)

20 hours ago, James Bond said:

You're stating that like it's fact. ;)

It is. Michael doesn't drive. Michael doesn't stalk. So how the hell does he get to all the places in the right time? How does he know where to go? In the original it all makes sense, as he's been following them all day. In the remake, that doesn't happen.

19 minutes ago, PatrickS77 said:

It is. Michael doesn't drive. Michael doesn't stalk. So how the hell does he get to all the places in the right time? How does he know where to go? In the original it all makes sense, as he's been following them all day. In the remake, that doesn't happen.

"Only the first half is good."

Either it's good or it isn't. That's not subject to opinion.

15 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Just because we don't see him stalk or drive, doesn't mean he's not doing it 

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Just because we don't see him stalk or drive, doesn't mean he's not doing it 

According to Rob Zombie, he doesn't. There was an interview once, where he made fun of the fact that he could in the original and thought  that was stupid and his Michael wouldn't.

Edit: Didn't find the exact interview, but close enough:

"Michael Myers does not know how to drive in this movie," the long-haired, tattooed filmmaker told MTV over the weekend on the set of his highly anticipated remake of one of horror's most beloved slasher films (see [article id="1533520"]"Rob Zombie Resurrecting Michael Myers For New 'Halloween' "[/article]). "[Myers in the station wagon] always bothered me. They would always play that off like someone must have given him lessons, but you know no one gave him lessons! He's in a maximum-security prison! So, no, he doesn't drive."

https://www.mtv.com/news/nm03fi/zombie-kills-halloween-theme-song-revokes-myers-drivers-license

Edited by PatrickS77

16 hours ago, James Bond said:

"Only the first half is good."

Either it's good or it isn't. That's not subject to opinion.

Wow. You're really butthurt about that other thread, huh. :lol: :lol: Yeah, it's not an opinion. It's fact the that the first half is good. The second half sucks, is rushed, doesn't make too much sense and really can't hold a candle to the original.