Which songs can Axl actually sing these days?

8 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

You obviously haven't heard his attempts at Back In Black from earlier this year... :lol:

Some disasters to be found there. One of the few (that i heard) that went ok (ish) was Hellfest. If 2016 Axl/DC was 10, Hellfest was a 6... and some of the others 4 & 5s 

2 minutes ago, deathrevan said:

i always get a kick out of people who reference his AC/DC stint from 6 years ago to say that he's still in good shape vocally

He's saying the exact opposite

• Like 1

12 hours ago, invisible_rose said:

I'd suggest minimal. Besides, I don't buy the whole theory of Axl not using a vocal coach and doing the required warm ups etc. I think he does everything he can, but just isn't capable of what he once was. He now probably finds the falsetto comfortable, and prefers performing this way. Not only that, it's the only way he'll get through a show, let alone a full tour.

The only thing a different vocal coach, who has worked with a lot of older performers, could offer is how to get the best out of this current voice - and chances are, Axl already is. Axl simply isn't capable any more. He might be able to smash out a single or two, or add some backing vocals to tracks, but performing a full show live or recording a full, brand new album - no chance.  It's done and gone. 

Milk the tour, get the CDII stuff out and anything from the early 90s with vocals, and wrap it up. 

At the rate Axl records vocals he can do an album. If he recorded one line per day the album could be out faster than CD.

On 10/30/2022 at 8:33 AM, Sonic Reducer said:

To be honest I haven't had the time to listen to many recordings from the shows in this tour and I'd like some opinions, preferably with mentions of specific performances. I know the man is 60 and I do not expect him to sing them as he did in his 20s so in my opinion a good performance at this point in time does not mean a performance that is necessarily faithful to the album version, in other words I don't care if Axl's approach is different to suit his limitations, in fact I'd welcome any change if it means a decent performance, although I'd like to hear that he's "still got it", so to speak. So with all that outta the way, what performances did you all enjoy in this leg of the tour?

You should go to one show and hear it for yourself. 

On 10/31/2022 at 12:19 PM, janrichmond said:

Sadly Axl doesn't sing well enough for me to go and see them again. I'll just live in the past with the old stuff.

Agree with you / if he did all shows like London ‘22 I’d consider it….but other than that, no desire

• Like 1