The possibilities of Izzy and Steven ever coming back to Guns N'Roses? πŸ€”πŸ˜ƒ

On 5/9/2023 at 2:40 PM, Subtle Signs said:

I'd guess both will appear at the final show in LA whenever that is.Β  Or maybe sooner if Live Nation thinks there's money to be squeezed from a tour billed as the AFD 5.Β 

I believe that would have been the case sans the constant touring. That’s definitely something that can be fruitful in the not-so-distant future as long as there is a long time off from touring. It would be cool to see those 5 guys play Appetite all the way through, I’m sure there’s a contingent of fans willing to pay a premium for that.Β 

Edited by smokingarthur

3 hours ago, smokingarthur said:

I believe that would have been the case sans the constant touring. That’s definitely something that can be fruitful in the not-so-distant future as long as there is a long time off from touring. It would be cool to see those 5 guys play Appetite all the way through, I’m sure there’s a contingency of fans willing to pay a premium for that.Β 

Hmm. I could see some Fans saying stuff like,"Boo! I want Current Middle aged Axl, Duff,Izzy, Slash, and Steven to make a brand new album, not have middle aged Original Guns N'Roses Members rerecord Appetite For Destruction Album!" 😫

Edited by Karice
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Subtle Signs said:

I'd guess both will appear at the final show in LA whenever that is.Β  Or maybe sooner if Live Nation thinks there's money to be squeezed from a tour billed as the AFD 5.Β 

They kinda screwed themselves with Izzy for an AFD 5 gig… What cash will he demand seeing as they wouldn’t split the loot with him for NITL. He can hold out for big bucks for an AFD5 tour or shows.Β 

5 minutes ago, Powderfinger said:

They kinda screwed themselves with Izzy for an AFD 5 gig… What cash will he demand seeing as they wouldn’t split the loot with him for NITL. He can hold out for big bucks for an AFD5 tour or shows.Β 

most Gn'R fans mostly care about Axl and Slash it seems. The NITL neverending tour has made them so much money, I don't see how raking in the cash now could be viewed as one screwing himself. It's one of the most successful tours in history, and Axl doesn't seem to be very eager to reunite with Izzy and definitely not with Steven.Β 

I also think that it's possible that even 1 show with the AFD now has the potential to delegitimize the current Gn'R lineup. Personally, I believe there is enough demand for Axl and Slash and whoever compared to the AFD 5 lineup although I'd love to attend a show with the classic lineup.

also, look what's happening with Kiss right now: the band is almost over and still Ace and Peter didn't perform with Kiss probably cause they couldn't agree when it comes to how much money should be paid to them.

maybe it will eventually happen for Gn'R, but not anytime soon if I had to guess and maybe Axl doesn't even think he'll gain much by bending backwards for a full reunion or even agree to it when you consider just how much money the Gn'R lineup Axl has managed to put together has generated.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/9/2023 at 3:35 PM, invisible_rose said:

I'd say a tiny minority and probably not old enough to remember the OG line up? (that isn't a dig btw, just an assumption).Β 

I think for most, it's the pure nostalgia of the original line up - taking them back to their youth - while clinging on to the minuscule hope that somehow, if it was the AFD 5, the magic would somehow return. Ultimately, it will end the same way as the threeunion I guess. But I'd love to see it.Β 

I'm 42, I remember the old lineup just fine and became a fan during them πŸ˜… Still don't really dream of Izzy or Adler back, if they all wanted it and it worked, of course it would be cool, but my main thing was always Axl and Slash, Duff a good runner up.Β 

• Like 2