The possibilities of Izzy and Steven ever coming back to Guns N'Roses? πŸ€”πŸ˜ƒ

2 hours ago, Gnrcane said:

Maybe for a one off 40th anniversary AFD show or something but not full time for sure.

That would be nice to see Steven and Izzy do a one off 40th Anniversary AFD. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ Wow, AFD 40th Anniversary is in just FIVE years! Time flies! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ I wonder if there will be a special AFD 40th Anniversary CD package! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜(Uh oh, I'm running the risk of hijacking my own Thread yet again, 🀐 but a special 40th AFD Album would be really nice and good! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜

On 11/15/2022 at 4:36 AM, Tom2112 said:

That would be an insane position for Izzy to take, if he asked to be bought out then that's that. IF he came back he comes back as an original member, but he's a hired player without the same pay as the partners who assume the legal risks, and other financial shit etc.

I guess you never know, Izzy seems cool... but you also never hear him speak or giving his opinion so how do we know where he stands on the business end of things, maybe he's more of an ex-hippie businessman these days

that's all possible. sometimes i have the impression that fans love the image of Izzy that they created because in fact we don't know him at all because like you said he doesn't talk or share his opinions..

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Majestic Beast said:

Izzy wants same money as everyone,money is the problem to come back.

But Izzy willingly sold his shares and wants to get them back for free(I learned that from this very thread, it helps that this is a community that answers my questions seriously πŸ˜ƒ and isn't just like,"You're an idiot, shut up," like the now Defunct Guns N'Roses Fan Website did. 😩)

• Haha 2

On 11/14/2022 at 12:17 PM, Politania said:

One time, someone's comment somewhere caught my eye about Izzy's comeback to the band.

This person said: what was said to the public, was different from what's been goin gon behind the scenes. Izzy was demanding his % of record roaylties back, that he sold to Axl when he left the band in 1991.Β  (ps. From what I remember that was Iz's idea? right?). This person also said: Izzy isnt willing to buy them back either. He wants them for free.

Maybe it's just another speculation, but this version could be true also.

What do you think ?

Izzy has gotten royalties from record sales and publishing this entire time. Same as StevenΒ 

What you are alluding to is the partnership between Axl Slash and Duff that has been active throughout the years. They make decisions and $ off of branding, merch sales, synch rights such as commercials/movies, etc… 

No one here knows the specific details as to what Izzy wanted outside of splitting the loot and more importantly what the band was even willing to negotiateΒ 

As far as an original 5 reunion, you can look at it as a chip they haven’t cashed in on yet. Could they have done it 2016? Sure. Turns out for the 3 of them, they didn’t need to use that chip yet. It just means there’s another big pay day for all involved if they want to go down that road at some pointΒ 

• Like 1

On 11/15/2022 at 2:48 PM, Karice said:

That would be nice to see Steven and Izzy do a one off 40th Anniversary AFD. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ Wow, AFD 40th Anniversary is in just FIVE years! Time flies! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ I wonder if there will be a special AFD 40th Anniversary CD package! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜(Uh oh, I'm running the risk of hijacking my own Thread yet again, 🀐 but a special 40th AFD Album would be really nice and good! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜

I don't know if they would do a new boxset but would maybe be a good time to put the ritz 88 gig out remastered on blu ray.Β 

It's scary that's only 5 years a way

2 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I don't know if they would do a new boxset but would maybe be a good time to put the ritz 88 gig out remastered on blu ray.Β 

I would kill for a Ritz 88 remaster!!!! Great quality, unedited. One can dream!!!!!! Or as I have said before release a Ritz Blu Ray set..Β  Clean up 87 as good as they can and release 87, 88 and 91 together.Β  And an audio release featuring the best performance of each song of the 3 shows.Β 

3 hours ago, guitarpatch said:

Izzy has gotten royalties from record sales and publishing this entire time. Same as StevenΒ 

What you are alluding to is the partnership between Axl Slash and Duff that has been active throughout the years. They make decisions and $ off of branding, merch sales, synch rights such as commercials/movies, etc… 

No one here knows the specific details as to what Izzy wanted outside of splitting the loot and more importantly what the band was even willing to negotiateΒ 

As far as an original 5 reunion, you can look at it as a chip they haven’t cashed in on yet. Could they have done it 2016? Sure. Turns out for the 3 of them, they didn’t need to use that chip yet. It just means there’s another big pay day for all involved if they want to go down that road at some pointΒ 

sure. I know that. Im almost sure that there were as you said "specific details" outside money that Izzy wanted,

The best part of UYI reissue, Axl had to go through all that material and realised what a fuckin joke this band has become since July 17th, 1993.

Fuzzy from Muppets would make a better drummer than Frank, on the other hand Mel looks like she dropped out of Muppets and Fortus looks like Gonzo' brother.

Ironically, today's band looks what it sounds like GNR meets Muppet show.

6 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

I would kill for a Ritz 88 remaster!!!! Great quality, unedited. One can dream!!!!!! Or as I have said before release a Ritz Blu Ray set..Β  Clean up 87 as good as they can and release 87, 88 and 91 together.Β  And an audio release featuring the best performance of each song of the 3 shows.Β 

Β 

I know people are nostalgic for the Ritz 88 show but if they ever release some 80's videos, I hope they don't waste their time on that one. It's already available in good quality and there were so many better shows! If they release an AFD Tour box set then yea, include the Ritz show just because it's iconic, but there's plenty of other shows they should release before that... I'd prefer remasters of any of Marc Canter's recordings, Melbourne 88, Ritz 87, or obviously any unseen shows like Giants Stadium or Cathouse...

• Like 4

9 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Matt Sorum said he's waiting for a call to re join GNR. lol

Axl hates him so that will NEVER Happen.

What a moron.

Hmm. Ironically in the 1990 or 1991 Kurt Loder interview in Axl's house, Axl called Matt the strongest anchor for GNR. But I heard Matt threatened to knock out Axl because Axl didn't want to come out of his dressing room so Axl RAN out of his dressing room, so that Matt wouldn't knock him out. If this is true, I can understand the tension between Axl and Matt.πŸ€”

On 11/18/2022 at 8:54 AM, Karice said:

Hmm. Ironically in the 1990 or 1991 Kurt Loder interview in Axl's house, Axl called Matt the strongest anchor for GNR. But I heard Matt threatened to knock out Axl because Axl didn't want to come out of his dressing room so Axl RAN out of his dressing room, so that Matt wouldn't knock him out. If this is true, I can understand the tension between Axl and Matt.πŸ€”

Sorum propaganda

Izzy was the first of the founder members that gone and never really interested to return back,musically or for financial reasons,he continued underground and in low profile with his solo career.Is Axl's fault that he didn't offered him same salary,he is not just a member and he of course has his own rules to be agreed from Axl so to make a contract and come back.