The possibilities of Izzy and Steven ever coming back to Guns N'Roses? πŸ€”πŸ˜ƒ

19 minutes ago, Ugly_Kid_Jose said:

i wonder the truth about the spot for steven in the troubadour concert in 2016

How do you mean?

I do remember thinking when I heard about the back stuff that it could be cover for something like slipping off the wagon.

One time, someone's comment somewhere caught my eye about Izzy's comeback to the band.

This person said: what was said to the public, was different from what's been goin gon behind the scenes. Izzy was demanding his % of record roaylties back, that he sold to Axl when he left the band in 1991.Β  (ps. From what I remember that was Iz's idea? right?). This person also said: Izzy isnt willing to buy them back either. He wants them for free.

Maybe it's just another speculation, but this version could be true also.

What do you think ?

5 minutes ago, Politania said:

One time, someone's comment somewhere caught my eye about Izzy's comeback to the band.

This person said: what was said to the public, was different from what's been goin gon behind the scenes. Izzy was demanding his % of record roaylties back, that he sold to Axl when he left the band in 1991.Β  (ps. From what I remember that was Iz's idea? right?). This person also said: Izzy isnt willing to buy them back either. He wants them for free.

What do you think ?

That would be insane on Izzy's part if true, but there is no proof it is.

In my Fictional Axl Rose story, Izzy and Steven shortly after joining Guns N'Roses again ask Young Axl Rose for the Royalties they would have gotten had they never got fired (Steven) or quit (Izzy), and had stayed together all the time for 35 years as Slash, Axl, Duff, Steven, and Izzy being the only Guns N'Roses Members. Axl gives them $100 Million each and they are happy. In real life, what do you guys think would be an estimate of how much money Izzy and Steven would have gotten had they never quit and got fired? πŸ€”

Β 

πŸ€”

Edited by Karice

4 hours ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Chances are we will never know Izzy's side of the story

Izzy has said (and I am paraphrasing), but he made it clear it was a money issue for him and that he felt he was not being compensated properly.Β  Whatever that means, it wasn't made clear, but he did not join b/c they could not come to an agreement that he felt was fair as far as compensation goes.Β 

5 hours ago, Ugly_Kid_Jose said:

i wonder the truth about the spot for steven in the troubadour concert in 2016

All stories seem to jive in that Steven was rehearsing and going to at least be a part of the Troubador show in one manor or another...and seemingly was going to be part of the tour until his back problems began to become a concern for the band or Axl.....and they told him to get healed and he could guest later in the tour (which he did then pissed Axl off apparently in Argentina and that was that).

8 hours ago, Politania said:

What do you think ?

I remember some quote like "Izzy thinks he's going to get his shares back and it's not gonna happen" or something like that.Β 

At the very least Izzy seemed to want to be paid equal to the partners despite selling his share of the partnership decades ago. That didn't turn out to be a wise financial decision but that's what he wanted at the time.Β 

3 hours ago, tsinindy said:

All stories seem to jive in that Steven was rehearsing and going to at least be a part of the Troubador show in one manor or another...and seemingly was going to be part of the tour until his back problems began to become a concern for the band or Axl.....and they told him to get healed and he could guest later in the tour (which he did then pissed Axl off apparently in Argentina and that was that).

I don't believe that Steven would ever have been asked back as anything other than a guest. Axl's loyal to Frank.Β 

53 minutes ago, Gunner Gilby said:

I don't believe that Steven would ever have been asked back as anything other than a guest. Axl's loyal to Frank.Β 

Why not add Steven to the mix WITH Frank? 😏 In my Fictional Axl Rose story, Young Axl's philosophy is,"The More, the Merrier," even bringing TWENTY ONE Band Members together at at least one point. 😏 I don't see why real life Axl can't just have Frank and Steven play together constantly. 😏

Edited by Karice
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gunner Gilby said:

ok...?Β  Oh I see you weren't around when this all went down.Β  Do not believe it was ever the intent for Steven to replace Frank, but that Steven would play on "some" songs (again we don't know what was really intended as things changed at damn near the last minute when Steven literally couldn't play at the Troubador gig due to back issues).

29 minutes ago, Karice said:

Why not add Steven to the mix WITH Frank? 😏 In my Fictional Axl Rose story, Young Axl's philosophy is,"The More, the Merrier," even bringing TWENTY ONE Band Members together at at least one point. 😏 I don't see why real life Axl can't just have Frank and Steven play together constantly. 😏

That's already been done....I mean come on lol

10 hours ago, Politania said:

What do you think ?

That would be an insane position for Izzy to take, if he asked to be bought out then that's that. IF he came back he comes back as an original member, but he's a hired player without the same pay as the partners who assume the legal risks, and other financial shit etc.

I guess you never know, Izzy seems cool... but you also never hear him speak or giving his opinion so how do we know where he stands on the business end of things, maybe he's more of an ex-hippie businessman these days

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

That would be an insane position for Izzy to take, if he asked to be bought out then that's that. IF he came back he comes back as an original member, but he's a hired player without the same pay as the partners who assume the legal risks, and other financial shit etc.

I guess you never know, Izzy seems cool... but you also never hear him speak or giving his opinion so how do we know where he stands on the business end of things, maybe he's more of an ex-hippie businessman these days

Axl addressed Izzy's absence with some vague "Izzy's Izzy" type response during an interview and Izzy responded on Twitter that it was bullshit and that Axl/Duff/Slash didn't want to "split the loot equally" - so it seems like he expected to get paid as much as Axl/Duff/Slash.Β 

5 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

Axl addressed Izzy's absence with some vague "Izzy's Izzy" type response during an interview and Izzy responded on Twitter that it was bullshit and that Axl/Duff/Slash didn't want to "split the loot equally" - so it seems like he expected to get paid as much as Axl/Duff/Slash.Β 

I saw that too, but I thought he meant just equal shares of the live shows not that he might have been expecting to become a partner again.

Is it confirmed he sold his shares?

7 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I saw that too, but I thought he meant just equal shares of the live shows not that he might have been expecting to become a partner again.

Is it confirmed he sold his shares?

I thought he meant equal money for the reunion tour itself but I remember some quote that was attributed to, I think, Duff about Izzy wanting his share back and it not happening.Β 

I haven't read up on it all in years but I think it had something to do with them having to buy Steven out. When Izzy left he had to be bought out too. I can't remember the specifics of that but it was Axl/Slash/Duff that were controlling the GNR brand and involved in lawsuits together and against each other over it so it doesn't seem like Izzy had any interest in GNR after he left.

• Like 1

I did some research on Izzy and apparently he said something like," When I was still an active Band Member, Guns N'Roses wanted to cut a lot of myΒ  Royalties out, WHY would I be okay with a lot of my Royalties being cut? I was there since day one, so I walked away." He really was there since day one. He was part of Hollywood Rose which preceded Guns N'Roses.Β 

Β 

Β 

Edited by Karice

10 minutes ago, Karice said:

I did some research on Izzy and apparently he said something like," When I was still an active Band Member, Guns N'Roses wanted to cut a lot of myΒ  Royalties out, WHY would I be okay with a lot of my Royalties being cut? I was there since day one, so I walked away." He really was there since day one. He was part of Hollywood Rose which preceded Guns N'Roses.Β 

Β 

Β 

He was doing it to get/stay sober but by the end he was distancing himself so much from the band he was travelling on his own and sending in his recordings and demos so he didn't have to be around them. So he stopped being part of the process then wanted to be out of it all together.Β 

5 hours ago, Karice said:

😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

49 minutes ago, DustNBones1990 said:

😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

I love the gif attached to your comment. This was Bumble watching Ashba? and he was saying he's too coked out of it to play the solo? and Axl was agreeing?Β 

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

I love the gif attached to your comment. This was Bumble watching Ashba? and he was saying he's too coked out of it to play the solo? and Axl was agreeing?Β 

Yeah that was during/after the horrendous patience solo ashba did during patience. Tommy used to make fun of him at shows too by clapping for him

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Yeah that was during/after the horrendous patience solo ashba did during patience. Tommy used to make fun of him at shows too by clapping for him

I would like to read Tommys favourite gnr guitarists list in order with reasons why he chose in that order.