The possibilities of Izzy and Steven ever coming back to Guns N'Roses? πŸ€”πŸ˜ƒ

1 hour ago, Frankfurt93 said:

oh yes

Yup

Why don't you find and post the "quite a few" Izzy quotes then? (They don't exist).

Only Niven said something like that, once (and Niven has a history of embellishing and even making up shit). Izzy himself has never said anything along these lines.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 3

On 11/25/2022 at 4:41 PM, darkside259 said:

this migh be polemic but i think izzy went full hypocrite back in the 90s he was a junky like the rest of the band but then he start saying bullshit like he didin t recognize the band anymore bc they were so fucked up, like wtf guy shut you r mouth, why feed the press withΒ  all that bulshit like you rΒ  some kind of saint.

and again left the band in the midle of a tour? fuck off, he leaves his friends in the middle of a big ass worldwide tour with a lot of pressure, and you leave axl!!! yor childhood friend from lafayyett all alone, and for what? to be a fucking snob on a motorcyle, idk for me he is the real diva

I never took what Izzy said about leaving as if he was felt he was above them but rather he needed to split for his own peace of mind.

• Like 3

On 11/25/2022 at 9:41 PM, darkside259 said:

this migh be polemic but i think izzy went full hypocrite back in the 90s he was a junky like the rest of the band but then he start saying bullshit like he didin t recognize the band anymore bc they were so fucked up, like wtf guy shut you r mouth, why feed the press withΒ  all that bulshit like you rΒ  some kind of saint.

and again left the band in the midle of a tour? fuck off, he leaves his friends in the middle of a big ass worldwide tour with a lot of pressure, and you leave axl!!! yor childhood friend from lafayyett all alone, and for what? to be a fucking snob on a motorcyle, idk for me he is the real diva

There’s some really questionable posts in this thread, but this one has to be the most shambolic.

• Like 1

The chance of Izzy and Steven reuniting with the current iteration of Guns even for a one off, one track performance somewhere like LA is almost definitely impossible.

They wheeled Steven out in 2016 for a couple of guest spots before he very promptly and characteristically muffed it.
Β 

β€˜ah, here we go again’

β€˜Back injury’… mmm… I’ve got no evidence either way, but boy do I doubt that. For a hugely popular show highlight he was very quickly dumped again with no real statement, again leaving us with only some questionable Adler excuse as to his dismissal.
Β 

Izzy…almost no way. In any shape or form. I’ve read a few of the responses to this thread and somewhere between them all no doubt lies the truth. The man left in 1991 and took his desired loot with him - and made a hugely comfortable living off his past output and his casual, yet frankly crap, solo stuff in the 31 years since.Β 
Β 

In relation to his guest spots in the ChiDem era (06,’12) - There has been references made in the past, even by Axl himself if I recall, to Izzy sporadically flying in exclusively for the quick β€˜cash n’ smash’. A soulless affair which left everyone cold by all accounts and for which they paid through the nose for.

Β 

Fast forward to 2016 and the band (Axl) have asked him back likely in the same capacity as Adler, the odd track to please the fans here and there.Β 

Simply put…Seeing the bigger boys getting paid the bigger bucks has put his nose out of joint and he’s passed. I strongly suspect it’s got absolutely nothing to do with personal or artistic integrity. Just good old fashioned cash.

Similarly β€˜nose out of jointing’ would be that they said β€˜suit yourself’ and proceeded to fill the worlds biggest venues now into their 6th year running without him.

Adler on the other hand would play for half a Lukewarm Budweiser and a handful of raw beef mince. But he consistently proves himself to be about as reliable as a blind monkey in an episode of supermarket sweep.

Β 

Heres a divisive opinion of mine…I’ve always thought both (certainly more so Adler) would have been fairly out of their depths had they stayed the course and embarked on the 91-93 UYI mega stadium tours. Sometimes I think some cool punks should stay exactly that, and those two had it to a tee.

Β 

Β 

Β 

Β 

• Like 1

On 11/30/2022 at 12:59 AM, jamillos said:

The possibility of them doing a one-off thing? Idk, a few percent.Β 

The possibility of them returning for good (and Axl therefore ditching several people)? Less than zero.Β 

They could ALL be one big Supergroup. β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜πŸ˜› In my Fictional Axl Rose story, there are 21 Band Members in Guns N'Roses! That's right, Young Axl in my Fictional story gathered 21 Gunners! πŸ˜›πŸ˜β˜ΊοΈ I'm sure real life Axl Rose could get 21Gunners to be one big Supergroup! β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜πŸ˜›

Β 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Karice said:

They could ALL be one big Supergroup. β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜πŸ˜› In my Fictional Axl Rose story, there are 21 Band Members in Guns N'Roses! That's right, Young Axl in my Fictional story gathered 21 Gunners! πŸ˜›πŸ˜β˜ΊοΈ I'm sure real life Axl Rose could get 21Gunners to be one big Supergroup! β˜ΊοΈπŸ˜πŸ˜›

Β 

That’s a good idea.

Β 

They could come on one by one in a revolving door kind of situation and the volume of the booing could dictate how long they stayed on stage.

• Haha 1

On 11/29/2022 at 9:47 PM, Blackstar said:

Why don't you find and post the "quite a few" Izzy quotes then? (They don't exist).

Only Niven said something like that, once (and Niven has a history of embellishing and even making up shit). Izzy himself has never said anything along these lines.

:lol::lol::lol:

:facepalm:

Who are you, Izzy's alter ego?

What makes you relevant to say what Izzy or anyone else say?Β Β 

You read every coma they ever said:lol:

You know hom ny band member interviews I read, say, heard since 1990? How long have you been a fan for?

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Frankfurt93 said:

:lol::lol::lol:

:facepalm:

Who are you, Izzy's alter ego?

What makes you relevant to say what Izzy or anyone else say?Β Β 

You read every coma they ever said:lol:

You know hom ny band member interviews I read, say, heard since 1990? How long have you been a fan for?

Oh right, you're the "Ax" and "Iz" guy with the insightful - and always polite - posts :lol:

Why don't you post one of the interviews you read of Izzy saying that then? To make it easier for you, all the interviews you read/heard/watched can be found here (btw, most of them have been posted by me - and I've read them all ;)):

https://www.a-4-d.com/t2861-interview-and-article-index

And what does how long I've been a fan for has to do with that?Β  (although I'm pretty sure I became a fan earlier than you)

Β 

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Realniceclambake said:

That’s a good idea.

Β 

They could come on one by one in a revolving door kind of situation and the volume of the booing could dictate how long they stayed on stage.

I doubt they'd get booed. More like cheered. πŸ˜€

• ABSUΠ―D 1

First post here! I would love to see them both come back, either as full time members or guest spots but sadly I don't think it's going to happen. I'm not even sure what has happened with Steven and why his guest spots stopped, but since that's happened I don't see him coming back anytime soon. And whatever happened with Izzy its still not been resolved so I don't see him showing up anytime soon. Which is a shame, I'd love to see emΒ 

• Like 3
  • GNFNR 1

1 minute ago, BluegrassBlues said:

First post here! I would love to see them both come back, either as full time members or guest spots but sadly I don't think it's going to happen. I'm not even sure what has happened with Steven and why his guest spots stopped, but since that's happened I don't see him coming back anytime soon. And whatever happened with Izzy its still not been resolved so I don't see him showing up anytime soon. Which is a shame, I'd love to see emΒ 

Welcome! ☺

• Thanks 1

So, according to the replies on here, Steven would come back for a can of Spam(🀣) and Izzy would come back if he got paid roughly the same as Slash and Duff. So, Steven is much more likely to come back than Izzy then, although one post said something like,"Steven is a screaming Liability (One of my favorite posts in this thread, 🀣)

Edited by Karice

• 5 months later...
On 12/3/2022 at 10:01 PM, VampireSoul said:

I'm in the minority but I couldn't care less if they come back or notΒ :shrugs:

I'd say a tiny minority and probably not old enough to remember the OG line up? (that isn't a dig btw, just an assumption).Β 

I think for most, it's the pure nostalgia of the original line up - taking them back to their youth - while clinging on to the minuscule hope that somehow, if it was the AFD 5, the magic would somehow return. Ultimately, it will end the same way as the threeunion I guess. But I'd love to see it.Β 

On 11/15/2022 at 9:48 AM, Karice said:

That would be nice to see Steven and Izzy do a one off 40th Anniversary AFD. πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ Wow, AFD 40th Anniversary is in just FIVE years! Time flies! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ I wonder if there will be a special AFD 40th Anniversary CD package! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜(Uh oh, I'm running the risk of hijacking my own Thread yet again, 🀐 but a special 40th AFD Album would be really nice and good! πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜

5 years from now, in 2028, it will be Chinese Democracy's 20 year anniversary. That will probably get priority for that year. :DΒ 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, smokingarthur said:

What would be the result of them returning? Returning to what? Axl’s diminished vocal abilities and Slash’s slop? That old band during the hunger era is long long gone. Never to return.

tbh, it's the only way they'll get any more of my cash - aside from perhaps seeing them in a much smaller setting - which I just don't see them wanting to do. I won't pay another penny to see them in a stadium that I have to travel hours to see and drop a load of cash on in the process - for exactly the reasons you've mentioned.Β