GN'R sues gun store for trademark infringement

On 12/2/2022 at 8:49 AM, Stay.Of.Execution said:

I guess they don't wanna be associated with idiots in general. 

So a legal business selling legal firearms are now "idiots?"

2 hours ago, megaguns1982 said:

Next thing they’ll sue the pressure washing guy near my house called “guns n hoses” he even has thorny roses around his logo too lol

im not kidding either

That sounds like  a male stripper group more than a pressure washer!

1 hour ago, F*ck Fear said:

I can't upload it but the first image that comes to mind is one of Axl in RIP mag toting a shotgun :shrugs:

I recall reading an article years ago that talked about Axl owning and enjoying shooting firearms. I believe it was a video interview. He said something to the effect of seeing what shooting targets causes, and saying how it would be awful to imagine what effect that would have on a human target. So he was seemingly for using a firearm for a sporting purpose, but not against a human maliciously, which is reasonable by most standards. This was decades ago though, back when the band was more dangerous. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sweersa said:

I recall reading an article years ago that talked about Axl owning and enjoying shooting firearms. I believe it was a video interview. He said something to the effect of seeing what shooting targets causes, and saying how it would be awful to imagine what effect that would have on a human target. So he was seemingly for using a firearm for a sporting purpose, but not against a human maliciously, which is reasonable by most standards. This was decades ago though, back when the band was more dangerous. 

And now throwing a microphone into the crowd is considered too dangerous!

• Haha 2

Going by Erin's testimony and the Don't Cry video scene (which was apparently based on a real fight over a gun between Axl and Erin), Axl's past behavior with guns was actually highly irresponsible to say the least.  If he now wants more gun control (and I'm still not convinced that he does), I suppose his own past actions would make a great case for why it's needed.

On 12/2/2022 at 8:18 AM, KURT19 said:

Seriously?!
The Texas store never even uses the ‘N or the N’ or the F’N or Fn’ anywhere. 
No one in their right mind would ever think that their site was approved or related to the band in any way, shape or form.

Stupid lawsuit where some lawyers will make some money that they don’t deserve.

Besides, it’s not like this band ever promotes itself using bullets or guns or anything.  Wouldn’t want to degrade the brand.

Doesn't matter whether the "N" was used or not. It should be pretty easy for GN'R's lawyers to demonstrate that the store was trying to mislead by using that name.

And it's not about whether anybody would actually believe their store was approved by or related to the band. It's about name/brand recognition. The owner of the store is clearly counting on name recognition to potentially influence some buyers.

People are sheep, influential, as well as creatures of habit. Some may indeed opt to buy from that store (rather than a competitor) just because its name closely resembles the name of a very popular rock band.

This kind of thing happens a lot more than you probably realize. And GN'R is far from being in a small minority that sees the act for what it is and responds accordingly.

Edited by thunderram
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, thunderram said:

Doesn't matter whether the "N" was used or not. It should be pretty easy for GN'R's lawyers to demonstrate that the store was trying to mislead by using that name.

And it's not about whether anybody would actually believe their store was approved by or related to the band. It's about name/brand recognition. The owner of the store is clearly counting on name recognition to potentially influence some buyers.

People are sheep, influential, as well as creatures of habit. Some may indeed opt to buy from that store (rather than a competitor) just because its name closely resembles the name of a very popular rock band.

This kind of thing happens a lot more than you probably realize. And GN'R is far from being in a small minority that sees the act for what it is and responds accordingly.

I completely disagree but whatever…

Lawyers, Guns and Money.