The Axl Rose Appreciation Thread! 😀

Karice

15 hours ago, jamillos said:

Hey, I have a copyright for drinking and posting! 

I have posted under the influence of... Sleep deprivation... 🤣 I was sleep deprived one night and I started a thread about how using a  shopping cart is like driving a car! 🤣 I said something like, Using a shopping cart is very much like driving a car! You can push a shopping cart forward, reverse it, turn it, load it with groceries, park it, stop it,  if you get hit by a shopping cart, that can be very painful, it's very similar to driving a car!"

I soon fell asleep after posting that thread and when I woke up, I completely forgot I started that thread and when I saw it, I was like,"WTF?" 🤣 I then was like,"I remember starting this thread when I was sleep deprived!" Other Posters were like,"WTF?" Too and I explained I was sleep deprived when I started this thread. A Poster responded something like,"I've heard of drunk posting, but I've never heard of sleep deprived posting!" 🤣

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1
  • Wow 1

I was sooo0oo0 posting these videos ..and then jan said nope we cant do that now , so my posts look a bit drunk although i was a bit gone !:lol:

Some photos here . Axl and the guys , A little bit of Izzy there, since it is his bday today. Axl at a Mother Love Bone concert I do believe and a recent photo .

images (45).jpeg

a51c369fd3ab48f2b31f9a8d1230afbe.jpg

FtG9aitXgAAZW8G.jpeg

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wendirosez said:

I was sooo0oo0 posting these videos ..and then jan said nope we cant do that now , so my posts look a bit drunk although i was a bit gone !:lol:

Some photos here . Axl and the guys , A little bit of Izzy there, since it is his bday today. Axl at a Mother Love Bone concert I do believe and a recent photo .

images (45).jpeg

a51c369fd3ab48f2b31f9a8d1230afbe.jpg

FtG9aitXgAAZW8G.jpeg

Where's Steven in the first picture? 🤔🧐

Axl looks like a Bad Boy Rocker in the second picture. 🤘😁

Duff looks amused and confused at the same time, Axl looks a little happy,  , and Slash isn't even facing the camera, just looks like a curly wig wearing a t-shirt and jeans! 🤣

7 minutes ago, Karice said:

Where's Steven in the first picture? 🤔🧐

Axl looks like a Bad Boy Rocker in the second picture. 🤘😁

Duff looks amused and confused at the same time, Axl looks a little happy,  , and Slash isn't even facing the camera, just looks like a curly wig wearing a t-shirt and jeans! 🤣

Well he went out to get a drink i think lol i dont know i just saw Axl and posted it lol 

...gosh i wish i could post some videos but alas that is against the rules . This was on my twitter feed today 

FtJ5WxjWwAEAEAi.jpeg

a45bfebf5d4c9735c509fb9d51d73391.jpg

25 minutes ago, wendirosez said:

Well he went out to get a drink i think lol i dont know i just saw Axl and posted it lol 

...gosh i wish i could post some videos but alas that is against the rules . This was on my twitter feed today 

FtJ5WxjWwAEAEAi.jpeg

a45bfebf5d4c9735c509fb9d51d73391.jpg

It's amazing how many different faces Axl has! 😁🤘 Even the Welcome To The Jungle video, he managed to look like FOUR different People. The Axl who steps off the bus, the Axl who is singing, the Axl watching TV, and the Axl who is strapped into a chair all look like 4 different men! 🤣

2 minutes ago, Karice said:

It's amazing how many different faces Axl has! 😁🤘 Even the Welcome To The Jungle video, he managed to look like FOUR different People. The Axl who steps off the bus, the Axl who is singing, the Axl watching TV, and the Axl who is strapped into a chair all look like 4 different men! 🤣

I like the one who steps of the bus , and then the chair -the most. i have to find that photo now brb :) 

and  Dont Cry alt version ~ is best advice /letter to a fan in my opinion! . (in 1991,i would  take it that way) 

Fan.

If we could see tomorrow, what of your plans? No one can live in sorrow, ask all your friends Times that you took in stride, they're back in demand

I was the one who was washing blood off your hands.I know the things you wanted, they're not what you have.

With all the people talking, it's driving you mad If I was standing by you, how would you feel Knowing your love's decided, and all love is real?

And when you're in need of someone, my heart won't deny you.

~Axl.

Gosh , girls im so OCD!  have to redo  my posts lol

4 hours ago, wendirosez said:

The message is amazing right? cause look at the transformation- I can't find the chair image currently 

b9a1a7c52befb6dee20ae72398670ec1.jpg

ffaf7d4f6a1664dc9795f48f4ea8f982.gif

9f07cdd1340b3612936f0614e530fe8d.jpg

i want mayne wheres mayne ...ah brb girls !:)

I love how Axl goes from confused , innocent small town guy to grungy Rockstar in those pictures! 🤘😁

• Wow 1

12 hours ago, Karice said:

I love how Axl goes from confused , innocent small town guy to grungy Rockstar in those pictures! 🤘😁

Karice, It is such stellar artistry i know , you get  absorbed in ..well, short films to be fair. Every song he makes tells a story. 

Quite a nice photo here, which is pretty true of mankind.

420d803fda65f163d47dfe909b39d8dd.jpg

On 4/9/2023 at 11:57 AM, wendirosez said:

Karice, It is such stellar artistry i know , you get  absorbed in ..well, short films to be fair. Every song he makes tells a story. 

Quite a nice photo here, which is pretty true of mankind.

420d803fda65f163d47dfe909b39d8dd.jpg

That's a lovely quote! 🥰😁 But... Axl looks drawn in that picture. I don't think it's a real photo. 🤔

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Karice said:

But... Axl looks drawn in that picture. I don't think it's a real photo. 🤔

it'a actually a pretty famous real photo, maybe some effects/filters were used after the fact on the version of the pic you've quoted.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Karice said:

That's a lovely quote! 🥰😁 But... Axl looks drawn in that picture. I don't think it's a real photo. 🤔

Ohh  gosh!   It really is lovely I  know. So fitting . Yes you are quite right, it is not the original . @Rovim Sorry darling @Karice  I mean it is an edit from his glourious work with Herb Ritts . The photoshoot from 1991 

This is the original  :) i should have said this is an edit of... but too excited because of the words.  :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, wendirosez said:

sh!te fked up completely:lol: 

tumblr_p35g6zbNwV1smf7emo1_1280 (1).jpg

Edited by wendirosez

21 hours ago, wendirosez said:

Ohh  gosh!   It really is lovely I  know. So fitting . Yes you are quite right, it is not the original . @Rovim Sorry darling @Karice  I mean it is an edit from his glourious work with Herb Ritts . The photoshoot from 1991 

This is the original  :) i should have said this is an edit of... but too excited because of the words.  :facepalm:

tumblr_p35g6zbNwV1smf7emo1_1280 (1).jpg

He looks so captivating in this picture. 😁 But even the picture here and the one in your signature look more like Brothers than the same person. 🤣 Axl has so many different looks! 🤣😁

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Karice said:

He looks so captivating in this picture. 😁 But even the picture here and the one in your signature look more like Brothers than the same person. 🤣 Axl has so many different looks! 🤣😁

Hello Karice,

Yeah he looks so perfect in that shoot that ...big calamity happened.   Breakfast- couldn't eat it- not till that picture was found lol   ...Yup..tea went flying . all hell broke loose , and i fell flat on the floor. fangurlin' perfectly.:facepalm:

This why i don't revisit that shoot too much. :lol:i kid. i kid. I love it. Check out this photo  :wub: 

What , so like twins? Thought provoking darling :lol:Thought provoking! 

603e7a28ed4b5576a9fa9859385439cc.jpg

7 minutes ago, Karice said:

Wendi, your Axl Signature no longer shows up.🤔 I'm assuming this was done by mistake. 🤔

Pardon my lovely ? 

Why will it not show up ? oh gosh ..thank for alerting me.  *help~*

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, wendirosez said:

Hello Karice,

Yeah he looks so perfect in that shoot that ...big calamity happened.   Breakfast- couldn't eat it- not till that picture was found lol   ...Yup..tea went flying . all hell broke loose , and i fell flat on the floor. fangurlin' perfectly.:facepalm:

This why i don't revisit that shoot too much. :lol:i kid. i kid. I love it. Check out this photo  :wub: 

What , so like twins? Thought provoking darling :lol:Thought provoking! 

603e7a28ed4b5576a9fa9859385439cc.jpg

Pardon my lovely ? 

Why will it not show up ? oh gosh ..thank for alerting me.  *help~*

Edit~i can see it... I have checked my settings and it is still there...:o @Karice

58 minutes ago, Karice said:

Darling , and  inspiring ... we can expect the differences in style because of his artistic eye , and because i believe he appreciates fashion, but not trends.  So when you get an affinity like those two working together creating great art, the art i guess can become  Multifaceted ,and that is what you are seeing @Karice. I do get what you mean though, cause I see it too. and i like 'my'  signature photo very much lol . Rose and  Ritts  artistry was so exciting and captivating here . For those that don't know and do care, Herb was  one of the  most sought after  documentarian in the 20th and early 21st century , who has taken iconic photography . He  worked on numerous high-profile advertising campaigns in his lifetime, and shot portraits and fashion for Vogue, Vanity Fair,  and every celebrity that we can think of.

This is an early one.. not from that photoshoot , but still was taken by Ritts.. still one of my favourites indeed, and the other guys have also worked with Ritts.  i believe Saul has , and  i know Izzy has -  In fact ,  I'm wondering now  if Axl was one of the very first people to be aware of  Ritts art? 

Couple of photos to consider.

tumblr_prssy0ww6o1s0ebujo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_p35fmoy6h01smf7emo1_1280.jpg