The Axl Rose Appreciation Thread! 😀

Karice

Who was Axl's Favorite original Gunner? 🤔(Besides Axl 😉😏)? Some say it was Slash and some say it was Izzy. I personally think it was Slash because Slash and Axl do that playful rubbing up on each other thing which I've never seen Izzy and Axl do.  I don't really see a close  connection between Duff and Axl and there was tension between Steven and Axl, although apparently, Axl was the only one to visit Steven in the hospital when he had an overdose (Apparently, Steven overdosed, woke up to see Axl at his bedside crying whereas Slash, Duff, and Izzy were at some musical function). So, I'm really not sure which one is Axl's favorite original Gunner. 🤔

1 hour ago, Karice said:

Who was Axl's Favorite original Gunner? 🤔(Besides Axl 😉😏)? Some say it was Slash and some say it was Izzy. I personally think it was Slash because Slash and Axl do that playful rubbing up on each other thing which I've never seen Izzy and Axl do.  I don't really see a close  connection between Duff and Axl and there was tension between Steven and Axl, although apparently, Axl was the only one to visit Steven in the hospital when he had an overdose (Apparently, Steven overdosed, woke up to see Axl at his bedside crying whereas Slash, Duff, and Izzy were at some musical function). So, I'm really not sure which one is Axl's favorite original Gunner. 🤔

I think that Axl once said that as long as there is a bond between him and Slash, Gn'R will still exist. Then, of course, he grew out of curly bonds and there was still Gn'R with Dizzy Reed, but it was a nice sentiment he expressed there at the time which I think says a lot about how strongly Axl felt about Slash.

57 minutes ago, Rovim said:

I think that Axl once said that as long as there is a bond between him and Slash, Gn'R will still exist. Then, of course, he grew out of curly bonds and there was still Gn'R with Dizzy Reed, but it was a nice sentiment he expressed there at the time which I think says a lot about how strongly Axl felt about Slash.

There is a YouTube video of Axl and Slash acting like best Friends, from their younger days to the recent years. 😀 It really is a heartwarming video! 😀

I think he was closest with Izzy because they had been friends for years by the time the other members came around, and they all seemed to be on good terms with each other, especially during the early days but not so much during the uyi tour and after Izzy left. He and Slash do have a bond together that's  hard to explain, but you don't go years hating someone the way Axl did unless you felt pretty strongly about them to begin with. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the Guns N Roses vs Steven Adler Court Hearing on YouTube and multiple Fans were mentioning stuff like,"Axl should have danced in the Courtroom!" Axl should have sang,"Welcome To The Jungle!" Axl should have shown up to court wearing nothing but shorts, shoes, and a bandana!" This was a serious Court Hearing as Steven was suing Guns N'Roses for Royalties and back pay after being fired from Guns N'Roses for being a heavy Heroin Addict who was having trouble functioning. Those comments come off as weird as this was a serious Court Hearing. The Fans also seemed to have not noticed that had Axl done what the comments were suggesting, he'd be held in contempt of Court..😒

1 hour ago, Karice said:

I watched the Guns N Roses vs Steven Adler Court Hearing on YouTube and multiple Fans were mentioning stuff like,"Axl should have danced in the Courtroom!" Axl should have sang,"Welcome To The Jungle!" Axl should have shown up to court wearing nothing but shorts, shoes, and a bandana!" This was a serious Court Hearing as Steven was suing Guns N'Roses for Royalties and back pay after being fired from Guns N'Roses for being a heavy Heroin Addict who was having trouble functioning. Those comments come off as weird as this was a serious Court Hearing. The Fans also seemed to have not noticed that had Axl done what the comments were suggesting, he'd be held in contempt of Court..😒

But his jacket was a tragedy 

7 hours ago, eddiedingle said:

But his jacket was a tragedy 

That blue green suit was gaudy. 🧐🤨😳🤔 A Fan said something like,"Only Axl could pull off wearing a gaudy blue green suit to court." 🤣 But a lot of Axl's clothing style is awful anyways, but he has the confidence of,"I wear whatever the fuck I want," and that's badass. 😏😀☺️😉

32 minutes ago, Karice said:

That blue green suit was gaudy. 🧐🤨😳🤔 A Fan said something like,"Only Axl could pull off wearing a gaudy blue green suit to court." 🤣 But a lot of Axl's clothing style is awful anyways, but he has the confidence of,"I wear whatever the fuck I want," and that's badass. 😏😀☺️😉

That, plus it was the 80s/90s. We can't judge it with 2023's eyes. 

(There are exceptions to this... like mullets. That's always been a nope.) 

There is a song by Joan Osborne called,"One Of Us." I wonder if Axl has ever been one of us, just another Axl Rose/Guns N'Roses Fan Poster. 🤔😀I'm not talking about the time (s) he showed up and did some kind of ,"I'm Axl Rose, AMA," thing(IIRC there was something about him calling himself Dexter(Fans on the now Defunct Guns N'Roses Fan Website continuously referred to him as Dexter which confused me and I was wondering why they were calling Axl Dexter instead and I was soon answered when I asked), I'm talking about if he ever signed up under a name like,"I Love Guns N'Roses," seemingly just another Axl Rose/Guns N'Roses Fan and talked about how much he loves Guns N'Roses! 😀🤔

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Karice said:

There is a song by Joan Osborne called,"One Of Us." I wonder if Axl has ever been one of us, just another Axl Rose/Guns N'Roses Fan Poster. 🤔😀I'm not talking about the time (s) he showed up and did some kind of ,"I'm Axl Rose, AMA," thing(IIRC there was something about him calling himself Dexter(Fans on the now Defunct Guns N'Roses Fan Website continuously referred to him as Dexter which confused me and I was wondering why they were calling Axl Dexter instead and I was soon answered when I asked), I'm talking about if he ever signed up under a name like,"I Love Guns N'Roses," seemingly just another Axl Rose/Guns N'Roses Fan and talked about how much he loves Guns N'Roses! 😀🤔

giphy.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if him or one of the entourage did a little bit of lurking now and then 

😀 I think a dead giveaway that a poster is actually Axl Rose in disguise would be something like,"Guns N'Roses is so awesome , one of the best music bands of all time, I love Guns N'Roses so uch and Axl Rose is one of the best singers in the entire world! He's one of my favorite Singers ever! 🤣🤭

Edited by Karice
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Karice said:

😀 I think a dead giveaway that a poster is actually Axl Rose in disguise would be something like,"Guns N'Roses is so awesome , one of the best music bands of all time, I love Guns N'Roses so uch and Axl Rose is one of the best singers in the entire world! He's one of my favorite Singers ever! 🤣🤭

Definitely not Axl, but Merchnando might. ;) 

3 hours ago, jamillos said:

Definitely not Axl, but Merchnando might. ;) 

🤔 🤨I looked up Merchnando Guns N'Roses on Google and Google asked me if I meant Merchandise Guns N'Roses and sent me a bunch of links to Guns N'Roses Merchandise. Even Autocorrect immediately changed it to Merchandise in this very post. Who's Merchnando? 🤔🤨

Edit, okay, you meant Fernando(Guns N'Roses Manager. You made a cute combining of the name Fernando and Merchandise. Got it. 😀🤭😏😉

Edited by Karice
  • Haha 4

13 minutes ago, Karice said:

🤔 🤨I looked up Merchnando Guns N'Roses on Google and Google asked me if I meant Merchandise Guns N'Roses and sent me a bunch of links to Guns N'Roses Merchandise. Even Autocorrect immediately changed it to Merchandise in this very post. Who's Merchnando? 🤔🤨

Edit, okay, you must have meant Fernando. You made a cute combining of the name Fernando and Merchandise. Got it. 😀🤭😏😉

Not my courtesy, though. 

4 hours ago, Karice said:

So… you then..?? You’re Axl or one of TB? 😵