The Axl Rose Appreciation Thread! 😀

Karice

11 hours ago, jamillos said:

Man, the first seasons were so long ago I forgot Mila Kunis only started some time during Season 2.

We’re all old. Let’s admit it. Why would we all be here thinking about the band who’ve a discography so poor that King Gizzard have done more in two years than their entire catalogue…

• Like 3

I like his fashion sense. It doesn't always look good, but at least it's bold and interesting. He had a large variety of looks. He could look like a chick, he could look like a dude, he could look trashy, he could look handsome. Even nowadays, when his fashion is more subdued compared to before, he's still got some nice stuff like this sparkly jacket.

U5lS08d.png

3M3qChX.png

^ Also those people running a men's magazine can't handle it :takethat:

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Wow 1

6 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

I like his fashion sense. It doesn't always look good, but at least it's bold and interesting. He had a large variety of looks. He could look like a chick, he could look like a dude, he could look trashy, he could look handsome. Even nowadays, when his fashion is more subdued compared to before, he's still got some nice stuff like this sparkly jacket.

U5lS08d.png

^ Also those people running a men's magazine can't handle it :takethat:

The only thing that really used to make me laugh and cringe at the same time were those horrible tighty whiteys he was so fond of, I guess they had the comfort factor.   He certainly didn't care, and wore what he pleased.  I quite liked the kilts lol, made him look like some Celtic warrior.

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

2 hours ago, jamillos said:

Merry F'n X-mas in advance, you F'n Fs!

rexfeatures_9080407c.jpg

Hey, it's middle aged Axl, literally! Not quite his 25 year old self, not quite the 60 year old he is today. 🤔 He looks about 30-40 in that picture. 🤔Just how old is he in this picture? 🤔

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Karice said:

Hey, it's middle aged Axl, literally! Not quite his 25 year old self, not quite the 60 year old he is today. 🤔 He looks about 30-40 in that picture. 🤔Just how old is he in this picture? 🤔

:facepalm::facepalm:

This is a recent pic or maybe 2-3 years old

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

1 hour ago, Karice said:

It's a good photo, but I don't think it's older than 2018.

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

:facepalm::facepalm:

This is a recent pic or maybe 2-3 years old

My God, he's in his FIFTIES in this photo? 😳 He looks no more than 40 in this picture! 😳He looked REALLY young in that photo, not 25 young, but definitely not FIFTIES! 😳Edit. I just showed that picture to someone else and even she was shocked he was in his FIFTIES and agreed with me that he looks REALLY young, like no more than 40. 😀

Edited by Karice

1 minute ago, Karice said:

My God, he's in his FIFTIES in this photo? 😳 He looks no more than 40 in this picture! 😳He looked REALLY young in that photo, not 25 young, but definitely not FIFTIES! 😳

In any case, you'd be able to recognize a 40-year old Axl photo, because that was the 2002 era, and he looked very different and... weird. 2006 brought back the good old Axl (including the voice). 

28 minutes ago, jamillos said:

In any case, you'd be able to recognize a 40-year old Axl photo, because that was the 2002 era, and he looked very different and... weird. 2006 brought back the good old Axl (including the voice). 

I saw a NBA Playoff/Finals interview of him from 2001, and he looked more like Axl's Son despite being him. He was 39 and looked about 17.  😳🤔

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Karice said:

I saw a NBA Playoff/Finals interview of him from 2001, and he looked more like Axl's Son despite being him. He was 39 and looked about 17.  😳🤔

To me, he looked (and even sounded) like his own distant cousin with some weird illness (or botched facelift)... 

Edited by jamillos

58 minutes ago, Karice said:

My God, he's in his FIFTIES in this photo? 😳 He looks no more than 40 in this picture! 😳He looked REALLY young in that photo, not 25 young, but definitely not FIFTIES! 😳Edit. I just showed that picture to someone else and even she was shocked he was in his FIFTIES and agreed with me that he looks REALLY young, like no more than 40. 😀

Looks in his fifties to me, definitely not 30-40.  Got that dad bod happening.  One can still look good in your fifties' you know lol.    

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

50 minutes ago, jamillos said:

To me, he looked (and even sounded) like his own distant cousin with some weird illness (or botched facelift)... 

I was remiss to not mention he looked like Axl's Teenaged Cousin, not all the way himself in my post.  But he did look young enough to be his own Son in that interview. 😏

• Like 1

So, I was watching a clip where Axl stops a show in Argentina in 1992 during You Can Be Mine," after picking up a weird piece off the floor that nearly hits him. He berates the audience saying something like,"You think throwing this shait is funny? This could really hurt someone. He demands a closeup on the thing and is granted the closeup. The Uploader called it a rock, but it doesn't really look like a rock, promoting many,"What is that thing, anyway?" Comments. There were many guesses such as,"Towel hanger piece, elephant's tusk, woman's heel, a T-Rex tooth(🤣) The most common guess was that it was a towel hanger piece. Kind of odd that they would throw a towel hanger piece at Axl. 🤨

On a side note, the Interpreter was sweet and hilarious. Axl would say stuff like,"Stop fucing throwing shait at me!" She would interpret,"Please do not throw anything at me! 🤣

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, BluegrassBlues said:

That is one thing I've never understood, why pay money to go to a show just to throw stuff on stage? I don't get it 

A lot of the People throwing stuff at the Performers aren't Fans, they're Haters looking to make fun of the Performers or hurt them. 🤕 I remember Courtney Love getting harassed at her show by Kurt Cobain Fans who thought she killed Kurt and she told them off. I'm not even a Courtney Love Fan and even I felt bad for her and thought she did the right thing by telling them off. I'd be mad too if I were doing a show and Haters were harassing me, telling me I killed someone! 😡🤬

Edited by Karice
  • Sad 1

On 12/24/2022 at 10:04 PM, Karice said:

A lot of the People throwing stuff at the Performers aren't Fans, they're Haters looking to make fun of the Performers or hurt them. 🤕 I remember Courtney Love getting harassed at her show by Kurt Cobain Fans who thought she killed Kurt and she told them off. I'm not even a Courtney Love Fan and even I felt bad for her and thought she did the right thing by telling them off. I'd be mad too if I were doing a show and Haters were harassing me, telling me I killed someone! 😡🤬

But she did….? 🫢

• ABSUЯD 1

I was thinking about Elton John, and then I remembered Guns N Roses and Elton John played November Rain together at the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards. And that was the time where Kurt Cobain spit on one of the pianos, thinking it was Axl Rose's, but it was actually Elton's piano.

Anyway, if you look at the video footage, you will see Elton has the white piano at the front, and Axl has the black piano. (Can't tell if the black piano is smaller, or part of it was behind the white piano). Cobain thought GnR would give Axl the more visible white piano at the front, but GnR left the front piano for Elton. I think Cobain underestimated how much Axl liked Elton John.

3CSPr0a.png

• Like 1

On 12/31/2022 at 3:18 AM, BucketEgg said:

I was thinking about Elton John, and then I remembered Guns N Roses and Elton John played November Rain together at the 1992 MTV Video Music Awards. And that was the time where Kurt Cobain spit on one of the pianos, thinking it was Axl Rose's, but it was actually Elton's piano.

Anyway, if you look at the video footage, you will see Elton has the white piano at the front, and Axl has the black piano. (Can't tell if the black piano is smaller, or part of it was behind the white piano). Cobain thought GnR would give Axl the more visible white piano at the front, but GnR left the front piano for Elton. I think Cobain underestimated how much Axl liked Elton John.

3CSPr0a.png

Kurt Cobain spit on something he thought was Axl's? 🤬😡 I was never a huge Kurt Cobain Fan, but I am liking Kurt Cobain less and less! 😡🤬

• Thanks 1