The Axl Rose Appreciation Thread! 😀

Karice

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

word.

🤭 I used to be REALLY obsessed with Russell Brand, even watching Get Him To The Greek FOUR times at the movie theater and RUSHING to rent/but it the DAY it was released. On the old IMDb Messageboards, they ran me off the Get Him To The Greek Forum.... For talking way too much about Get Him To The Greek. 🤣🤭 Irony at it's finest. 😏

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DustNBones1990 said:

Please don’t make a Russell Brand appreciation thread… 

I said I USED to be really obsessed with Russell Brand. My obsession with Russell Brand was especially heavy in 2010 when Get Him To The Greek was released. In fact, Get Him To The Greek was the catalyst for my heavy Russell Brand obsession. I didn't even KNOW who Russell Brand was before Get Him To The Greek. 😏

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Karice said:

I said I USED to be really obsessed with Russell Brand. My obsession with Russell Brand was especially heavy in 2010 when Get Him To The Greek was released. In fact, Get Him To The Greek was the catalyst for my heavy Russell Brand obsession. I didn't even KNOW who Russell Brand was before Get Him To The Greek. 😏

I was obsessed with the radio show he did on 6 music and radio 2 with co host matt morgan. Proper funny stuff, can still be found online. They brought it back as an audioboom podcast a few years later (I made a few jingle for the podcast they used ) then again a few years after that for radio X. Actually I remember him interviewing Slash i think.

1 hour ago, Shacklermyrye said:

I was obsessed with the radio show he did on 6 music and radio 2 with co host matt morgan. Proper funny stuff, can still be found online. They brought it back as an audioboom podcast a few years later (I made a few jingle for the podcast they used ) then again a few years after that for radio X. Actually I remember him interviewing Slash i think.

Russell interviewed Slash?  I didn't know that until you said it today. I'm trying to find emoji that captures pleasantly surprised. 😳😁 These will have to do. Of course during my Russell Brand obsession, I wasn't really a Guns N'Roses Fan yet... 

I finished watching/listening to the Russell Brand and Slash Interview and I had to laugh at the part where Slash, in a Hotel Room, high on drugs hallucinates  imps are attacking him and runs out naked and runs into another hotel room where a maid is cleaning and runs over her in his fear, fleeing from nothing! 🤣  But sad that she pressed charges on him for Assault. 😩 But Slash continued something funny,"Long hair naked man ran her over!" 🤣Russell was like,"Hmm, that does NOT look good! 🤣 Slash's voice sounds noticeably different from,"He just smashed the microphone, we're out of here!" In the Riverport Riot video. It sounds deeper in the Russell Brand interview than the Riverport Riot video. 🤔 Of course the Interview was during Russell Brand's Heyday, so maybe 2012 vs 1991 21 years later. 

5 minutes ago, Karice said:

I finished watching/listening to the Russell Brand and Slash Interview and I had to laugh at the part where Slash, in a Hotel Room, high on drugs hallucinates  imps are attacking him and runs out naked and runs into another hotel room where a maid is cleaning and runs over her in his fear, fleeing from nothing! 🤣  But sad that she pressed charges on him for Assault. 😩 But Slash continued something funny,"Long hair naked man ran her over!" 🤣Russell was like,"Hmm, that does NOT look good! 🤣 Slash's voice sounds noticeably different from,"He just smashed the microphone, we're out of here!" In the Riverport Riot video. It sounds deeper in the Russell Brand interview than the Riverport Riot video. 🤔 Of course the Interview was during Russell Brand's Heyday, so maybe 2012 vs 1991 21 years later. 

It would have been 2007 or 2008. 

Quite funny how he mentions if there was a fight back in the day he would hit someone, but Axl would hit them with a chair and that Duff could beat all of them up now if he wanted.

1 hour ago, Shacklermyrye said:

It would have been 2007 or 2008. 

Quite funny how he mentions if there was a fight back in the day he would hit someone, but Axl would hit them with a chair and that Duff could beat all of them up now if he wanted.

Okay, I was wrong. I remember in 2007/2008, Axl was JUST becoming REALLY famous and successful and wouldn't be interviewing People like Slash. I was assuming it was in 2012 when Russell was REALLY famous and successful and had like three shows running at the same time and another best seller. In 2012 he was also married to Katy Perry, although they divorced about a year and a half later. Russell was like 37  and ready to be a Father, Katy was like 27 and didn't want kids and was still a Mega Pop Star at the time. Russell cold heartedly asked for a divorce over a text message, 😱 which was a VERY dastardly thing for him to do. 😱 Russell became a father in 2016, and again a little later, so he did get his wish to be a Father with two children. 😁

Edited by Karice

1 hour ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I think Axl is in a good place in his life now.  He smiles and has fun on stage with the band and seems to be content in his private life.

I admire him for changing for the better. 

Axl is still one of the most amazing frontman ever .

I personally love both versions of him. 🥰😍 His hotheaded, rebellious, angry, passionate, fiery, bad tempered Young self and his laid back, kind, sweet, happy, funny older self. 😍🥰

I wonder what would happen if Axl Rose ran into Stump today? 🤔 Would he forgive Stump or still hold a grudge? 🤔 In a recent interview Stump said he was a big fan of Axl's and  taking pictures of Axl to put him in a Collage(Creepy 😱) Stump also said something like,"I didn't want to sue Axl or anything like that for the Riverport Riot incident, I just wanted his autograph which he gave me in Court. " 

Multiple Music Sources claim that Axl has a five octave range. 🤨🧐 I think he actually has more of an EIGHT octave range. 😀 Listen to the screeching wail siren he does with his VOICE in Welcome To The Jungle song. That's gotta be at least eight Octaves. 😀

Edited by Karice

2 hours ago, Karice said:

Multiple Music Sources claim that Axl has a five octave range. 🤨🧐 I think he actually has more of an EIGHT octave range. 😀 Listen to the screeching wail siren he does with his VOICE in Welcome To The Jungle song. That's gotta be at least eight Octaves. 😀

I've always considered You're Crazy (Lies version) as one of the best demonstrations of Axl's octave abilities. Check it out if you haven't yet. 

Also, according to what people say, Axl has 5, nearly 6 octaves. 

Edited by jamillos

4 hours ago, jamillos said:

I've always considered You're Crazy (Lies version) as one of the best demonstrations of Axl's octave abilities. Check it out if you haven't yet. 

Also, according to what people say, Axl has 5, nearly 6 octaves. 

How many octaves is the screeching wail siren in Welcome To The Jungle? 🤔

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Idk but not that many, even though it does sound cool. He's done better.

The 8 second True wail towards the end of IRS is awesome too! 😁 I give it a mental standing ovation every single time I hear it! 😁 I wonder how many octaves is "True!"🤔

53 minutes ago, Karice said:

The 8 second True wail towards the end of IRS is awesome too! 😁 I give it a mental standing ovation every single time I hear it! 😁 I wonder how many octaves is "True!"🤔

based on Audacity's analysis of that note (based on a youtube video with isolated vocals), the note's pitch appears to be at around 1520 Hz, at around F6.

k3jwo8p.png

For reference, this website ( https://web.library.yale.edu/cataloging/music/vocal-ranges  ) says that baritone singers are around the "A2 to F4" range. While a soprano has a range around "C4 to A5" (though wikipedia https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soprano  notes some soprano classifications range from C4 to C6, and says that C6 is around 1046 Hz) . F6 is beyond the range of a typical baritone singer, and a typical soprano singer.

ekHcCTA.png

• 3 weeks later...

I love that a lot of the lyrics for Perfect Crime are a slightly lower note than the preceding lyric.😀 It's subtle, but it's there. 😀For example, Axl says Keep the Demons down and drag the skeletons out in a higher pitched voice, and "I've got a blind man following me in chains," in a lower pitched voice. 😀

Edited by Karice

• 2 weeks later...

About the infamous Riverport Concert Riot, on another Guns N'Roses Fan Website, I asked something like,"Why was Axl allowed to walk off the stage and go backstage? Someone should have grabbed his hot headed ass and make him finish performing before he reached backstage!"

A Poster replied something like,"A German Promotor learned his lesson from the infamous Riverport Concert Riot. Axl got PISSED during a show and walked backstage to leave early, only to see that the backstage door was LOCKED. The German Promotor had locked backstage door just in case Axl got PISSED like he did at the infamous Riverport Concert Riot and tried to leave early. Axl had no choice but to come back to the stage and he delivered the goods with anger in his guts, putting on a good show. After the show, he happily told the German Promotor something like,"Thanks for locking backstage door because you caused me to put on a good show!" 🤣

Can anyone tell me what show this was? 😁🤔 It seems like a good show! 😁

Edited by Karice

32 minutes ago, Karice said:

About the infamous Riverport Concert Riot, on another Guns N'Roses Fan Website, I asked something like,"Why was Axl allowed to walk off the stage and go backstage? Someone should have grabbed his hot headed ass and make him finish performing before he reached backstage!"

A Poster replied something like,"A German Promotor learned his lesson from the infamous Riverport Concert Riot. Axl got PISSED during a show and walked backstage to leave early, only to see that the backstage door was LOCKED. The German Promotor had locked backstage door just in case Axl got PISSED like he did at the infamous Riverport Concert Riot and tried to leave early. Axl had no choice but to come back to the stage and he delivered the goods with anger in his guts, putting on a good show. After the show, he happily told the German Promotor something like,"Thanks for locking backstage door because you caused me to put on a good show!" 🤣

Can anyone tell me what show this was? 😁🤔 It seems like a good show! 😁

The British have a nice word for stories like this one: complete bollocks. :) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, jamillos said:

The British have a nice word for stories like this one: complete bollocks. :) 

LMAO! 🤣 But it's true. I actually did ask why no one grabbed Axl before he went backstage at the Riverport Concert Riot and was answered about the German Promotor in the future locking backstage door so Axl couldn't leave early if he got pissed. 

Edited by Karice

Your favorite Axl Rose Tattoo(s) 😏😁🤭 My favorite Axl Rose Tattoo is the Guns N'Roses Appetite For Destruction Album Cross Tattoo. It's the quintessential Guns N'Roses, all five original Guns N'Roses on it, plus the cross and even has name on it! 😁😏🤭🤘 

Edited by Karice

Thank God for helpful Guns N'Roses Fans! 😁 On another Guns N'Roses Fan Website, I asked something like,"WHY is the Axl skull with the red bandana(Only Axl wears a bandana)  on the Appetite For Destruction Album Cross on the right of the cross? 🤔🤨 Axl is the Center of Guns N'Roses, so shouldn't Axl be in the center of the cross and not on the right side? 🤔🤨 Fans were like,"Actually, the Axl skull IS in the center. He's the one wearing a black cap. Duff is the one with the red bandana on the right side of the cross." 

I was like,"Since when does Duff wear bandanas? Doesn't only Axl wear a bandana? 🤨🤔 I was linked to a photo with Duff wearing a red bandana and the fan was like,"This picture of Duff wearing a bandana should clear up any confusion for you.😉 And indeed, it did.😁

• Haha 2