The Axl Rose Appreciation Thread! 😀

Karice

On 3/10/2023 at 10:21 PM, Karice said:

Thank God for helpful Guns N'Roses Fans! 😁 On another Guns N'Roses Fan Website, I asked something like,"WHY is the Axl skull with the red bandana(Only Axl wears a bandana)  on the Appetite For Destruction Album Cross on the right of the cross? 🤔🤨 Axl is the Center of Guns N'Roses, so shouldn't Axl be in the center of the cross and not on the right side? 🤔🤨 Fans were like,"Actually, the Axl skull IS in the center. He's the one wearing a black cap. Duff is the one with the red bandana on the right side of the cross." 

I was like,"Since when does Duff wear bandanas? Doesn't only Axl wear a bandana? 🤨🤔 I was linked to a photo with Duff wearing a red bandana and the fan was like,"This picture of Duff wearing a bandana should clear up any confusion for you.😉 And indeed, it did.😁

You never cease to amaze me Karice. 😂

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, D4NNY said:

You never cease to amaze me Karice. 😂

LMAO! 🤣 In my defense, I only knew of Axl being the only one who wore a bandana , and I didn't know Duff wore bandanas too, so I automatically thought,"The Appetite For Destruction Album skull with the red bandana is Axl." Another Fan said something like,"Duff's blonde hair on the Appetite For Destruction Album didn't tip you off that this wasn't Axl? Axl has red hair, not blonde." I responded something like,"I've seen pictures where Axl's hair looks blondish, so I assumed the blonde skull wearing the red bandana was Axl. " IIRC, the first Guns N'Roses Fan said something like,"Remember, Karice is a newer Fan who didn't know Duff also wore bandanas. I would have been confused too in her shoes." 

Edited by Karice

3 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Yes Axl was not the only one wearing a bandana in early days. Duff wore bandanas too. Izzy was wearing bandanas too. Later on Matt was wearing bandanas too. So Axl was not the only one wearing a bandana as Duff and Izzy and Matt were wearing bandanas too. So there were at least four members wearing bandanas. Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum were wearing bandanas. So Bandanas were worn by four members. These four members are Axl Rose, Izzy Stradling, Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum. You never know, there might be more members in the future who would wear bandanas. We cannot predict the future who is wearing bandanas. But we can confidently say that up until now there have been four members wearing bandanas. Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin and Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum were wearing bandanas. Blue bandanas, red bandanas, velvet bandanas... All were tried by Axl Rose, Izzy Stradlin and Duff McKagan and Matt Sorum. So to conclude, four members so far have been wearing bandanas at different occasions. Axl Rose, Izzy Stradling, Duff Mckagan and Matt Sorum.

Were they ragged and dragged too?

Edited by Stay.Of.Execution

6 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Oh absolutely. Ragged and dragged and even drugged!

About "drugged," I saw a "Axl Rose In Court," video, and Axl was asked something like,"How many Guns N'Roses Members did drugs?" I Karice immediately thought,"Uh, all of them! 🤣 Axl responded something like,"We all did drugs!" 🤣🤭

• Haha 1

In Paradise City video, Axl playfully looks right at the camera, straight on  as if he's right in front of the viewer looking right at the viewer. 🤭😀 He is wearing a black hat in this scene. There aren't many video scenes where he looks so intently right at the camera IIRC. 😀🤭

• 3 weeks later...

What hairstyle of Axl's do you like best? :)

Short hair 13 year old yearbook picture

18 year old mugshot longish bob

Welcome To The Jungle video, Rat's  Nest,(Axl concert scenes) 25 years old.

Long flat ironed hair, Use Your Illusions Tour, 28-32

Long cornrows/braids, 38-39

Long cornrows/braids pulled in a ponytail, 40.

Frizzy short bob, late 50's

Short hair, present, 61.

Other. Explain.

😀

• Haha 1

I watched Axl Rose Interview with Kurt Loder, the one where Axl's sitting on a couch and the lights go out by accident. Axl gives a confused and surprised face like,😳🧐🤨🤔 and Fans were like,"Axl's mood changed when the lights accidentally went out. He was about to fly off the handle!" I don't think Axl would go off the handle because the lights accidentally went out. He wasn't that temperamental even in say 1990 or 1991. Besides he looked confused and surprised, not angry so I don't get why Fans thought he was about to fly off the handle. 🤔

• Confused 1

On 12/19/2022 at 6:05 PM, Karice said:

I am a huge fan of Axl Rose! Axl's charismatic, good looking, a great singer and preformer, and so full of life and passion! 😀

Funny story. There was a time I thought that Guns N'Roses was a one hit wonder who only had Sweet Child Of Mine as a hit due to music stations only playing Sweet Child Of Mine. One day, I watched Welcome To The Jungle, and I was thinking,"The lead singer of Welcome To The Jungle is ripping off the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer! He's ripping off his vocal style, his dance moves, he even is trying to look like him! My God, he's damn near a carbon copy of him! I He needs to be unique , not be trying so hard to look, act, and sound like the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer! I went to a music Forum and wrote something like," Why is the Welcome To The Jungle Singer ripping off the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer? There's paying homage to someone, and then there's damn near being a carbon copy of someone! I hope the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer sues the Welcome To The Jungle Singer for damn right being a carbon copy of him!" 😒The replies were something like,"They're the same man, you idiot!" That's how I found out that Guns N'Roses was not a one hit wonder.😀

Another funny story is when I heard Patience from Guns N'Roses. I am listening to this deep voice baritone singing, and I thought,"What happened to the high pitched Singer who sings Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child Of Mine, Paradise City, Welcome To The Jungle?  🤔 Was he fired from Guns N'Roses and replaced with this deep voice baritone man? 🤔 I was stunned to learn that they are the same person. Axl's amazing voice range amazes me! 😀

Another funny story is me hearing Sweet Child Of Mine the first time. I thought,"The lead Singer has such a crystal clear voice. It's as clear as DVD on digital TV Screens(TLC's No Scrubs has this lyric, 😛. I don't even need to look up the lyrics to understand what he is singing, as he is so easy to understand! 😀Boy, I had no idea what I would be getting into when it comes to Axl and how hard a lot of his lyrics are to understand! 😛😏

Axl Rose? Never heard of her. 

2 minutes ago, username said:

Axl Rose? Never heard of her. 

🤣 You are a hilarious card! 🤣 Speaking of what you said, I remember someone asking something like,"Who is that red headed girl watching TV in the Welcome To The Jungle" music video? Someone responded," Red headed girl in Welcome To The Jungle music video? That's no girl, that's Axl Rose!" 🤣

What is up with the couple of Posters heavily criticizing Axl/Guns N'Roses lately? 🤐🤨😩😫(That last  emoji is used as the stop symbol, not the high five) This is a FAN board, not an Axl Rose/Guns N'Roses Criticism Board like Bad Apples Forum. If you want to heavily criticize Axl/Guns N'Roses go to Bad Apples Forum, not talk shit about him /them on a FAN Board. 😒😐

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Karice said:

What is up with the couple of Posters heavily criticizing Axl/Guns N'Roses lately? 🤐🤨😩😫(That last  emoji is used as the stop symbol, not the high five) This is a FAN board, not an Axl Rose/Guns N'Roses Criticism Board like Bad Apples Forum. If you want to heavily criticize Axl/Guns N'Roses go to Bad Apples Forum, not talk shit about him /them on a FAN Board. 😒😐

Oh for fucks sakes give it a rest. People are allowed to discuss the band with HONESTY that isn't supported by a bunch of irrelevant and childlike fantasies and/or delusions. We want new music, not a sub-par, overpriced, continually scaled down KISS-like neverending tour and merchandising cash grab. 

We can appreciate the band for what they did in the past, but to deny that we as fans are and continue to be shortchanged, is naïve at best.

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Karice said:

band is currently inactive so it's less interesting than usual. Maybe that has something to do with it if true. Even though it's a fan forum, critic is an important part of discussing Axl/Gn'R. 

• Like 1

On 4/1/2023 at 10:20 AM, Karice said:

I watched Axl Rose Interview with Kurt Loder, the one where Axl's sitting on a couch and the lights go out by accident. Axl gives a confused and surprised face like,😳🧐🤨🤔 and Fans were like,"Axl's mood changed when the lights accidentally went out. He was about to fly off the handle!" I don't think Axl would go off the handle because the lights accidentally went out. He wasn't that temperamental even in say 1990 or 1991. Besides he looked confused and surprised, not angry so I don't get why Fans thought he was about to fly off the handle. 🤔

Karice..You mean this don't you ..He prob wondered what the fk was going on ..when i watched this back then , i was like huh what ~?~ too. 

Kurt is a twat at the best of times so i would believe  Axl was on his guard.

On 3/30/2023 at 1:29 AM, Karice said:

What hairstyle of Axl's do you like best? :)

Short hair 13 year old yearbook picture

18 year old mugshot longish bob

Welcome To The Jungle video, Rat's  Nest,(Axl concert scenes) 25 years old.

Long flat ironed hair, Use Your Illusions Tour, 28-32

Long cornrows/braids, 38-39

Long cornrows/braids pulled in a ponytail, 40.

Frizzy short bob, late 50's

Short hair, present, 61.

Other. Explain.

😀

This.can't beat  this.

ab3cbaf891e6c7aaab9d84bf3bed7616.jpg

f4e342c7cf3862dbbff6916519cd4f06.jpg

4 minutes ago, WendiRosei said:

Karice..You mean this don't you ..He prob wondered what the fk was going on ..when i watched this back then , i was like huh what ~?~ too. 

actually Axl gave Kurt Loder a lot of interviews. Loder, at least with Axl, seemed to be supportive and I got the feeling he admired him as well as a musician. 

2 minutes ago, WendiRosei said:

This.can't beat  this.

ab3cbaf891e6c7aaab9d84bf3bed7616.jpg

f4e342c7cf3862dbbff6916519cd4f06.jpg

Normally wouldn't comment on the hair stuff but that hair style really makes him look like Bruce Dickinson, which is probably not something that would make him happy lol

2 minutes ago, Rovim said:

actually Axl gave Kurt Loder a lot of interviews. Loder, at least with Axl, seemed to be supportive and I got the feeling he admired him as well as a musician. 

Always got the vibe that Loder knew what lines to not cross in interviews with him. Bizarrely Steven Downes (who does the voice of Master Chief in Halo) got the best out of Axl I think in the two Rockline interviews he did.

27 minutes ago, WendiRosei said:

I said he looked confused and surprised, but other Fans said he looked like he was about to fly off the handle, which he clearly doesn't look like he was about to fly off the handle. I don't get why Fans would think he was about to fly off the handle because the lights suddenly cut out. He was never THAT temperamental. Sure he jumped into a crowd off stage and hit someone in the head,🤭 😏 but he isn't and wasn't that temperamental to fly off the handle because the lights went out. 

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Normally wouldn't comment on the hair stuff but that hair style really makes him look like Bruce Dickinson, which is probably not something that would make him happy lol

Shackler  looks like i'm in trouble ;)  I beyond adore this period!  I wont spam videos promise haha!  ohhh actually ... :lol:

26 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Always got the vibe that Loder knew what lines to not cross in interviews with him. Bizarrely Steven Downes (who does the voice of Master Chief in Halo) got the best out of Axl I think in the two Rockline interviews he did.

Same regarding Loader, especially when he was in the limo with Axl  in  1992 .  Mm . true with Steven , I always felt Axl appreciated a radio interview more than face to face, 

1 hour ago, WendiRosei said:

Same regarding Loader, especially when he was in the limo with Axl  in  1992 .  Mm . true with Steven , I always felt Axl appreciated a radio interview more than face to face, 

Wasn't that a Taxi and not a Limo? 🤔