The Axl Rose Appreciation Thread! πŸ˜€

Karice

I am a huge fan of Axl Rose! Axl's charismatic, good looking, a great singer and preformer, and so full of life and passion! πŸ˜€

Β 

Funny story. There was a time I thought that Guns N'Roses was a one hit wonder who only had Sweet Child Of Mine as a hit due to music stations only playing Sweet Child Of Mine. One day, I watched Welcome To The Jungle, and I was thinking,"The lead singer of Welcome To The Jungle is ripping off the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer! He's ripping off his vocal style, his dance moves, he even is trying to look like him! My God, he's damn near a carbon copy of him! I He needs to be unique , not be trying so hard to look, act, and sound like the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer! I went to a music Forum and wrote something like," Why is the Welcome To The Jungle Singer ripping off the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer? There's paying homage to someone, and then there's damn near being a carbon copy of someone! I hope the Sweet Child Of Mine Singer sues the Welcome To The Jungle Singer for damn right being a carbon copy of him!" πŸ˜’The replies were something like,"They're the same man, you idiot!" That's how I found out that Guns N'Roses was not a one hit wonder.πŸ˜€

Β 

Another funny story is when I heard Patience from Guns N'Roses. I am listening to this deep voice baritone singing, and I thought,"What happened to the high pitched Singer who sings Welcome To The Jungle, Sweet Child Of Mine, Paradise City, Welcome To The Jungle?Β  πŸ€” Was he fired from Guns N'Roses and replaced with this deep voice baritone man? πŸ€” I was stunned to learn that they are the same person. Axl's amazing voice range amazes me! πŸ˜€

Β 

Another funny story is me hearing Sweet Child Of Mine the first time. I thought,"The lead Singer has such a crystal clear voice. It's as clear as DVD on digital TV Screens(TLC's No Scrubs has this lyric, πŸ˜›. I don't even need to look up the lyrics to understand what he is singing, as he is so easy to understand! πŸ˜€Boy, I had no idea what I would be getting into when it comes to Axl and how hard a lot of his lyrics are to understand! πŸ˜›πŸ˜

Edited by Karice
  • Thanks 1

The mansion is warm, at the top of the hill
Rich are the rooms and the comforts there
Red are the arms of luxuriant chairs
And you won't know a thing 'till you get inside

Dead president's corpse in the driver's car
The engine runs on glue and tar
Come on along, not goin' very far
To the East to meet the Czar

Somehow outlaws lived by the side of a lake
The minister's daughter's in love with the snake
Who lives in a well by the side of the road
Wake up, girl, we're almost home

1 minute ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Β 

I'd say 2006-2010 he was definitely still top 5. But Axl in his prime was the best rock frontman, period.

I'm not sure prime Axl tops prime Jagger, prime Springsteen, or prime Mercury. But he was absolutely dynamite.

And he's had flashes since 2010 where he's still up there. The Philly UCAP show was special, since he had a chip on his shoulder after a decade in exile from the city. Those AC/DC shows also had him on a different level than we've seen him at in a good long time. Wish we could have him present himself that way more often these days.

Just now, axlslash said:

I'm not sure prime Axl tops prime Jagger, prime Springsteen, or prime Mercury. But he was absolutely dynamite.

And he's had flashes since 2010 where he's still up there. The Philly UCAP show was special, since he had a chip on his shoulder after a decade in exile from the city. Those AC/DC shows also had him on a different level than we've seen him at in a good long time. Wish we could have him present himself that way more often these days.

Β 

If being 'the best frontman' is a combination of voice and performance, Axl easily beats them all (except Freddie, he's a close second).

He's had great moments since 2010, AC/DC being the best example vocally, but he wasn't really a 'frontman' with AC/DC (which is part of the reason he sounded so good... Angus was still the frontman while he focused on nailing the vocals!)

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

Β 

If being 'the best frontman' is a combination of voice and performance, Axl easily beats them all (except Freddie, he's a close second).

He's had great moments since 2010, AC/DC being the best example vocally, but he wasn't really a 'frontman' with AC/DC (which is part of the reason he sounded so good... Angus was still the frontman while he focused on nailing the vocals!)

Interesting as Freddie Mercury is one of Axl's favorite Singers. 😏

I am not sure how I feel about Axl, he is a bit of a conundrum, a rabbit hole probably best avoided.Β  However, the uniqueness of his voice and the feeling that it conveys in the Gunners music and his enthralling presence on stage as a frontman, sometimes angry, even at times strangely vulnerable, when he was younger, is a bit addictive.