The Axl Rose Appreciation Thread! 😀

Karice

In the Welcome To The Jungle video, I feel that Axl looks sexy even though his hair looks like a rat's nest and he looks like a trashy street urchin. There's something raw and sexy about him , 🥰 but I feel weird saying that considering that he A is about a week younger than my Dad and B he was 13 years younger than me when WTTJ was filmed. 😩

There have been "Jokes," about how badly Axl aged, but I personally think he looks GOOD for a 60 year old man. I've seen 40 year olds who look worse than he does at 60! 

Speaking of Axl aging well, I saw a picture of Axl when he was like 24 before Guns N'Roses got really famous and successful,  and I immediately thought,"This must have been him as a 14 year old Teenager! He looks so young! My face looked like 😱 when I found out he was about 24 in that picture! 😱

12 hours ago, DustNBones1990 said:

I will no longer call you Karice… your name is now Bumper! 😂

To be fair, my Guns N'Roses Appreciation Thread was quickly closed after getting ragged and dragged, so this one is the next best thing. 🤷‍♂️😀🤔

• Wow 1

I got recommended on YouTube something like,"Wild On Stage Axl Rose moments," and a Guns N'Roses Fan suddenly jumped on stage and ambushed Axl with a crazed hug. Axl "hugged," her back, but that "hug," from Axl could be seen as him holding onto her so she doesn't make him fall! 🤣Security Guards quickly take her away from Axl while Axl has a "What the hell was that?" Confused expression! 🤣 In all honesty, plexiglass barriers would have prevented Crazed fans from jumping on stage with the Performers. 🤔

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Axl Rose Haters were like,"It's pathetic that Axl stayed with Guns N'Roses for 35 years and never tried going Solo or branching out to other Projects. The other Band Members branched out with Adler's Appetite, Velvet Revolver, Slash's Snakepit, etc, but Axl only stayed with Guns N'Roses for 35 years! He's lame!" 

Guns N'Roses is a solid and good band and I find it refreshing and wholesome that Axl stayed with Guns N'Roses for 35 years, technically 37 years(They formed in 1985 but officially released their Debut Album in 1987).  Guns N'Roses is Axl's BABY. He is the Co-founder of Guns N'Roses and the only one whose NAME is referenced in the Band Name(Roses, although technically it should have been Rose). And, Axl did branch out. He became the lead Singer of AC/DC in  2016 so technically, he has been part of two bands. And, there have been Singers who have stayed in Bands that have been around longer than Guns N'Roses. Mick Jagger is about 20 years older than Axl and has been only in The Rolling Stones for 60 years (Rolling Stones Debuted the year Axl and Izzy were BORN) and I don't see the Axl Rose Haters ragging and dragging Mick for doing that. 

Edited by Karice

6 minutes ago, Karice said:

Axl Rose Haters were like,"It's pathetic that Axl stayed with Guns N'Roses for 35 years and never tried going Solo or branching out to other Projects. The other Band Members branched out with Adler's Appetite, Velvet Revolver, Slash's Snakepit, etc, but Axl only stayed with Guns N'Roses for 35 years! He's lame!" 

Guns N'Roses is a solid and good band and I find it refreshing and wholesome that Axl stayed with Guns N'Roses for 35 years, technically 38 years(They formed in 1984 but officially released their Debut Album in 1987).  Guns N'Roses is Axl's BABY. He is the Co-founder of Guns N'Roses and the only one whose NAME is referenced in the Band Name(Roses, although technically it should have been Rose). And, Axl did branch out. He became the lead Singer of AC/DC in  2016 so technically, he has been part of two bands. And, there have been Singers who have stayed in Bands that have been around longer than Guns N'Roses. Mick Jagger is about 20 years older than Axl and has been only in The Rolling Stones for 60 years (Rolling Stones Debuted the year Axl and Izzy were BORN) and I don't see the Axl Rose Haters ragging and dragging Mick for doing that. 

it's more like he stayed with Dizzy Reed. Gn'R was founded by Axl and Izzy. Not just Axl, and without Slash, Duff, and Adler, there would have been no Appetite as well. 

doing a few end of the tour shows with AC/DC was great, but it's hardly branching out. 10 tour dates is hardly being a part of 2 bands. Mick Jagger has released solo albums as well. Axl did very little outside Gn'R and also very little inside it. (great shit though)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

it's more like he stayed with Dizzy Reed. Gn'R was founded by Axl and Izzy. Not just Axl, and without Slash, Duff, and Adler, there would have been no Appetite as well. 

doing a few end of the tour shows with AC/DC was great, but it's hardly branching out. 10 tour dates is hardly being a part of 2 bands. Mick Jagger has released solo albums as well. Axl did very little outside Gn'R and also very little inside it. (great shit though)

I mentioned that Axl is a Co-founder of Guns N'Roses. I didn't say he was the sole Founder of Guns N'Roses. What do you mean Axl did very little in Guns N'Roses? He's been the mainstay of it for 37 years! 🤨🧐

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Karice said:

I mentioned that Axl is a Co-founder of Guns N'Roses. I didn't say he was the sole Founder of Guns N'Roses. What do you mean Axl did very little in Guns N'Roses? He's been the mainstay of it for 38 years! 🤨🧐

I mean that in almost 4 decades Axl has released only 4 proper, full length albums of original material and I think he could have released more music in Gn'R and outside of it, and I believe he wanted to release more as well. In the China exchange interview Axl has basically said so himself, about how he released very little music compared to how long he was doing this. (not his exact words, but close enough)

1 hour ago, SoulMonster said:

I would say '84. But it all comes down to definitions. 

I thought it was 1984 too, but I was mistaken. I had seen at least one source saying Guns N'Roses formed in 1984 but it could have been that Guns N'Roses was being planned in 1984, officially formed in 1985. 

1 hour ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

GNR was founded in 85, not 84. Do your homework 

I was one year off due to seeing a Source saying Guns N'Roses formed in 1984. It's possible Guns N'Roses was Planned in 1984 and officially formed in 1985.

Replies were automatically merged when I meant for them to be separate replies.  

Edited by Karice

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I mean that in almost 4 decades Axl has released only 4 proper, full length albums of original material and I think he could have released more music in Gn'R and outside of it, and I believe he wanted to release more as well. In the China exchange interview Axl has basically said so himself, about how he released very little music compared to how long he was doing this. (not his exact words, but close enough)

In Axl's defense, there was a lot of changeovers in Band Members between 1987 and 2023. If the Band ONLY had Axl, Duff, Izzy, Slash, and Steven for 38 years, we might have had TEN full length Albums by now, who knows? 🤔😀

1 minute ago, Karice said:

In Axl's defense, there was a lot of changeovers in Band Members between 1987 and 2023. If the Band ONLY had Axl, Duff, Izzy, Slash, and Steven for 38 years, we might have had TEN full length Albums by now, who knows? 🤔😀

in the changeovers defense, maybe Axl was the cause of why band members came and went like socks. He took his sweet time with it, probably too long so they got bored of it maybe or didn't see the point in staying in a band which wasn't active and didn't move forward at all or fast enough to their liking.

I don't think you can put all the blame on 1 classic Gn'R member, but Axl did a lot of shit that the rest of the classic band wasn't onboard with, which I can understand must have been tough on Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven as well. It wasn't supposed to be the Axl Rose show.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

in the changeovers defense, maybe Axl was the cause of why band members came and went like socks. He took his sweet time with it, probably too long so they got bored of it maybe or didn't see the point in staying in a band which wasn't active and didn't move forward at all or fast enough to their liking.

I don't think you can put all the blame on 1 classic Gn'R member, but Axl did a lot of shit that the rest of the classic band wasn't onboard with, which I can understand must have been tough on Slash, Duff, Izzy, and Steven as well. It wasn't supposed to be the Axl Rose show.

I wonder what would have happened if Axl DID decide to go Solo. (In my Fictional Axl Rose story, Axl does a solo album purely for money called Bitter Sweets, just him singing and playing piano, 10 songs,  like a sole Axl  November Rain song, and it's well received. 😀)

Axl threatened to leave Guns N'Roses if Slash, Steven, Duff, and Izzy didn't stop doing Heroin. Slash, Duff, Izzy stopped, Steven kept doing it and was fired from Guns N'Roses. Steven was replaced by Matt. But I can't help but wonder what would have happened if the four of them ignored Axl's warning to stop doing Heroin or he would leave Guns N'Roses. They literally would have just been Guns had Axl left. 🤔 

Edited by Karice

3 minutes ago, Karice said:

I wonder what would have happened if Axl DID decide to go Solo. Axl threatened to leave Guns N'Roses if Slash, Steven, Duff, and Izzy didn't stop doing Heroin. Slash, Duff, Izzy stopped, Steven kept doing it and was fired from Guns N'Roses. Steven was replaced by Matt. But I can't help but wonder what would have happened if the four of them ignored Axl's warning to stop doing Heroin or he would leave Guns N'Roses. They literally would have just been Guns had Axl left. 🤔 

I don't really like to play the "if" game, but had Axl went solo and actually decided to keep releasing music with vocals, I think he could have released a lot more music and would have found success while doing it, but it never happened so...yeah.

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

I don't really like to play the "if" game, but had Axl went solo and actually decided to keep releasing music with vocals, I think he could have released a lot more music and would have found success while doing it, but it never happened so...yeah.

Technically, Axl still has time to try a Solo Album in real life. He's only 60 and plenty of Singers OLDER than him are releasing new music. Hell, Elton John is like 75 and still releasing new music. 😀

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Karice said:

Technically, Axl still has time to try a Solo Album in real life. He's only 60 and plenty of Singers OLDER than him are releasing new music. Hell, Elton John is like 75 and still releasing new music. 😀

yeah but he said he's not interested in doing that and if he had gone solo, he would probably make instrumental music/movie scores. I suggest you watch the China Exchange interview with Axl, it is pretty informative and long.

also, my guess is that Axl considers Gn'R as his main artistic outlet and he does have control over the band so it's like he has built this empire, this brand, and he barely releases music under the Gn'R name. I don't know if he's interested in spending his resources at this stage of his life on a solo career of some kind, but who knows? I agree it's not too late for him to do a bunch of cool shit on his own, but you first gotta be interested in chasing that for it to become a reality.

when Gn'R is over, I hope he writes his autobiography. That shit could be interesting and also an instant best seller imo.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

yeah but he said he's not interested in doing that and if he had gone solo, he would probably make instrumental music/movie scores. I suggest you watch the China Exchange interview with Axl, it is pretty informative and long.

also, my guess is that Axl considers Gn'R as his main artistic outlet and he does have control over the band so it's like he was built this empire, this brand, and he barely releases music under the Gn'R name. I don't know if he's interested in spending his resources at this stage of his life on a solo career of some kind, but who knows? I agree it's not too late for him to do a bunch of cool shit on his own, but you first gotta be interested in chasing that for it to become a reality.

when Gn'R is over, I hope he writes his autobiography. That shit could be interesting and also an instant best seller imo.

Hmm. What you said about Axl Rose's Autobiography being a best seller reminds me of Russell Brand writing his first Autobiography in 2009 that was a best seller. Russell had a starring role in The Bill episode in 1993, was irrelevant for 8 years and came back in 2001 with hit TV shows, became obscure again until 2005/2006 when he got a couple of secondary Cameos , in 2007-2009, he Rose to prominence and huge successful fame with a famous Comedy Standup and co leading roles rather than secondary Cameos to that. So if someone who was only sporadically famous and successful (Russell)can have a best seller Autobiography, surely Axl who has been famous and successful for 38 years have a best seller Autobiography too. 😀

2 minutes ago, Karice said:

Hmm. What you said about Axl Rose's Autobiography being a best seller reminds me of Russell Brand writing his first Autobiography in 2009 that was a best seller. Russell had a starring role in The Bill episode in 1993, was irrelevant for 8 years and came back in 2001 with hit TV shows, became obscure again until 2005/2006 when he got a couple of secondary Cameos , in 2007-2009, he Rose to prominence and huge successful fame with a famous Comedy Standup and co leading roles rather than secondary Cameos to that. So if someone who was only sporadically famous and successful (Russell)can have a best seller Autobiography, surely Axl who has been famous and successful for 38 years have a best seller Autobiography too. 😀

word.