The Axl Rose Appreciation Thread! 😀

Karice

I read that Axl was a high school dropout, but I saw a picture of him wearing a graduation gown and looking about 18 and  smiling and  looking every bit like a high school graduate. 🤔

Edited by Karice
  • Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

That story about how Slash said Axl Rose jumped out of a car going between 35-40 miles per hour when told not to sleep on Slash's grandma's couch.

And Axl survived jumping out of a car at that speed somehow, with no training? He has weak ankles too, how did he stick that landing?!

Maybe in another life, he would have been a stunt actor.

Edited by BucketEgg
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

That story about how Slash said Axl Rose jumped out of a car going between 35-40 miles per hour when told not to sleep on Slash's grandma's couch.

And Axl survived jumping out of a car at that speed somehow, with no training? He has weak ankles too, how did he stick that landing?!

Maybe in another life, he would have been a stunt actor.

I read that story, too, @BucketEgg Maybe he studied the art of that before hand for a "just in case moment ," maybe ..and then , he had that moment , so put his skill to use ? i think he  has precision and control ,and thinks it through ,and doesn't care how hard it hurts as long as he achieves that landing. 

i love your thread @Karice, is there any particular images that you wanna see here ? or anyone else for that matter ? otherwise i will just keep posting 1991" "my" childhood" stuff because i have a one tracked mind lol

Edited by wendirosez

15 hours ago, Karice said:

I read that Axl was a high school dropout, but I saw a picture of him wearing a graduation gown and looking about 18 and  smiling and  looking every bit like a high school graduate. 🤔

That's interesting. i would bet my whole house he  is one of the most intelligent people in the world today.

034d080068fc8e83ee5d4632edc729ca.jpg

e05bf66d5fa94537ffce4f52feb8dadf.jpg

96fda231df13099374308239ead3334c.jpg

On 4/16/2023 at 3:07 PM, wendirosez said:

ed31853e99dfddbfdb104ab4dd3a08a2.jpg

d100eb92db8c72d528cfe52b75a139cc.jpg

d2956312364c57f5ddce8e64c528b7e8.jpg

@marlingrl03  Do u appreciate the car audio mag/ telephone pics too ? :D   Aug 1990 

1990_012.jpg

1990_013.jpg

1990_016.jpgNo Hassles

Can this seemingly mild-mannered Axl Rose behind the wheel of a conservative Yuppie mobile such as the BMW 325i be the same as the one screeching out “Welcome To The Jungle” on a million MTV screens across the country? Why the Beemer?

“I’ve driven a lot of cars and I've rented a lot of different cars, and I never really wanted to own a Beemer because of the stigma that goes along with it,” Rose explained.

“I get treated different in this car,” he added. “Little old ladies wave and stuff like that. I don’t get hassled in this.”

For a rocker who’s reached the top, that’s reason enough.

AXL ROSE
INTERVIEWED BV BILL NEILL

Do you use your car stereo on a professional basis or just for recreation?

I use it for listening to music for peace of mind, but also for listening to music at a loud volume—other people's records or my records—so that I can listen really closely to what’s going on in the song.
I spend a lot of time driving around listening to all kinds of songs in the car because it's such a close environment. It’s like you're right in the middle of it.

What kind of music do you like to listen to in the car?

Everything from Prank Sinatra to Todd Rundgren to Steely Dan. Every single day I listen to Steely Dan’s Decade because it just pushes me to work harder.

Where do you usually drive when you listen in the car?

It’s usually in LA and the (San Fernando) Valley and over Laurel Canyon [Blvd]. It's great to turn up the tunes and forget about the traffic. It's like my piece of mind is driving in the car.

Do you get recognized in the BMW when you drive?

I've done some work to it, but I've still kept it a bit conservative. I did the rims and had it lowered and put some racing tires and a rollbar on it, but I kept it a bit conservative so I'm not drawing attention.
Sometimes I get chased or followed, you know, and have to lose someone. The reason I decided to go with the rims and the tires was I was being chased by two girls in a Camaro and I had to take a corner really sharp and I kind of bit the curb.

Would you rather drive with passengers or alone?

I like to drive people around in the car, but I can listen to the music better when I'm by myself. When you have someone in the car, you start talking about this and that and my concentration is distracted from driving or from listening to the song.
If I start to feel like I'm listening to it too loud to pay attention to what's going on with weather conditions or traffic, I turn it down immediately. I have a clear driving record.
I turned my dad on to car stereo and how it works. I send him CDs I want him to listen to, and he sends me CDs. I turned my dad into a car stereo buff. It's actual-ly helped us get along and communicate better.

Anything else you want to say?

To the kids or anybody going to buy a car stereo: be really wary of someone trying to make a sale real quick.
If you're going to buy a car stereo, just be real careful and check out the place, and look around a lot and talk to people. Actually take some time—pick up Car Audio; pick up some magazine. Read a little bit so you know what you're dealing with.
Check a few places out. I'm not even saying, worry about the best deal price-wise. But worry about the best deal quality-wise with what you can afford.
Someone could be spending anywhere from 50 bucks to 20 grand on something. Just be careful and check a few places out and talk to some people with systems before you actually buy.

Edited by wendirosez
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BluegrassBlues said:

Thanks for all these pictures! I love them all, and omg Freddie the wallaby is adorable! I need more pics of him bad lol 

Haha @BluegrassBlues You are more than welcome. ^_^ It is a pleasure. yeah his little Freddie is something else. Those photos are precious.  He cares deeply for animals , he has his own zoo hasn't he?  

Some more heart melters !

CpADx5pUEAE4BzR.jpg

635ea33bba78ab440a4f6a629913a44c.png

upi20nh7HCCQq26S0Dc9s9sSMDIVtM53PKxJ510Qb9g.webp

• Thanks 1

One of my most treasured threads and i can prob speak for alot of people here when i causally mention he has been the only guy who has been consistent in our lifes.  think about it  :D

1921b02a57f708212cff46bbc4c2aba1.jpg

Edited by wendirosez