Analysis of GNR's Outros

2 hours ago, albertgenower said:

Hi! I've been working super hard on this video recently, analysing Guns N' Roses outros and why they're so good.

I thought this would be a good place to share it since you all love GNR too and hopefully you enjoy :)

Well, probably the band with the greatest intros and outros ever. I'm looking forward for watching your video when I find the time.

• 2 weeks later...

Rocket Queen man!

Breakdown

Hey even Catcher does.

I think there is always a story to their songs, and it's why I always come back to them, sometimes it's the best part of the song.

Also, to that guy who played the last verse of Don't cry in Am when it changes to Dm.. Fuck you.. I was right, you were wrong... HOW DARE YOU

.... *belch*

On 1/16/2023 at 1:07 AM, quikspade said:

The topic is cool as GNR have always had interesting outros. Where do the Tokyo footage come from, though?

i think that Tokyo footage is scaled up and interpolated to 60fps with a A.I. programm. I see some artefacts in these footage like this creepy Axl :

9J5aXhY.jpg

10 hours ago, t-p-d-a said:

i think that Tokyo footage is scaled up and interpolated to 60fps with a A.I. programm. I see some artefacts in these footage like this creepy Axl :

9J5aXhY.jpg

There have been as few different remasters of those gigs on youtube. With varying results, Some of them are quite good

I thoroughly enjoyed this. And I appreciate how you corrected a common misconception at the end that Nirvana killed GNR. 

I often tell people GNR have some of the best codas in rock and roll. “There was a Time” and “Estranged” and “Street of Dreams” are among some of my favorites that you didn’t mention. I never even really thought about “It’s So Easy.”

Great video. As a tone deaf, non-musician, it was interesting the way you showed the music notes and talked about the song structures. Man, I could watch an entire series just on GNR codas.

9 minutes ago, waxl1974 said:

I have always loved the Nightrain outro. You can hear Slash playing away and don't want that fade to steal what is left of it. Be cool to hear the remainder of whatever got cut off. 

I'm surprised we never have actually, I know theres the Sound City demo and a few more, But the unfaded album version would be very interesting to hear