New slash interview on his new book, guitar collection, OIAM Cancel culture etc

16 hours ago, ©GnrPersia said:

It's celebs (Axl, Slash, Duff...) who give these 'space cadets' opportunity 'cause they're easy people with easy questions.

Otherwise he would do it with Mick Wall.

No some of the questions were not easy and no way professional.  She was too busy staring elsewhere and reading off wikipedia then listening half the time. As the Yahoo entertainment music editor you expect more.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 9:26 AM, vloors said:

Constantly refers to wikipedia and is distracted looking around the room. Who the hell gives these space cadets these opportunities to interview celebs/musos??..... 

Kind of reminds me of the IDIOT Interviewer who was interviewing Janet Jackson on Why Did I Get Married Too?" Movie and the Interviewer asked Janet a completely irrelevant question, "Did something happen to you in Superbowl 2004?" Janet nearly cried and luckily Tyler Perry stood up for Janet, calling out the insensitive Viewer who brought up something that had NOTHING to do with Why Did I Get Married Too? Interviewers need to ONLY ask relevant questions.

Edited by Karice
  • Wow 1

15 hours ago, 2020_Intensions said:

Why so much flak for the interviewer? You think Slash is going to answer the questions ya'll want answered? Answer ... He wont 

Actually that’s not true. He told us new songs were coming when asked last year…it’s his answers don’t come to fruition. 

4 hours ago, Karice said:

Kind of reminds me of the IDIOT Interviewer who was interviewing Janet Jackson on Why Did I Get Married Too?" Movie and the Interviewer asked Janet a completely irrelevant question, "Did something happen to you in Superbowl 2093?* Janet nearly cried and luckily Tyler Perry stood up for Janet, calling out the insensitive Viewer who brought up something that had NOTHING to do with Why Did I Get Married Too? Interviewers need to ONLY ask relevant questions.

If interviewers only asked 'relevant' questions then we'd never get any answers. Musicians etc have to be prepared to answer things that aren't on script - it's part of the trade off for getting the promotion from the outlet.

If interviewers had only asked Slash about Conspirators stuff then the GN'R info we've got over the last few years would be even less.

4 minutes ago, AtlasShrugged said:

If interviewers only asked 'relevant' questions then we'd never get any answers. Musicians etc have to be prepared to answer things that aren't on script - it's part of the trade off for getting the promotion from the outlet.

If interviewers had only asked Slash about Conspirators stuff then the GN'R info we've got over the last few years would be even less.

yeah but this interviewer kinda sucked imo. Lost focus, annoyed the guest which you never do in these types of interviews really, there's a way to ask certain questions and tbh, it was pretty tough to listen to her in general. As others said in this thread, she seems to mainly care about the celebrity status of her guests.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

yeah but this interviewer kinda sucked imo. Lost focus, annoyed the guest which you never do in these types of interviews really, there's a way to ask certain questions and tbh, it was pretty tough to listen to her in general. As others said in this thread, she seems to mainly care about the celebrity status of her guests.

Aye fair enough - I was speaking more generally!

I didn’t think the interview was all bad, asking about the rumoured recording of Beer and a Cigarette for TSI, was a pretty interesting question. I’m hoping that Slash does ask Duff about that one.

It’d be cool to hear another cover recorded from back then. 

10 hours ago, metallex78 said:

I didn’t think the interview was all bad, asking about the rumoured recording of Beer and a Cigarette for TSI, was a pretty interesting question. I’m hoping that Slash does ask Duff about that one.

It’d be cool to hear another cover recorded from back then. 

Interesting how Slash doesn't mention asking Axl about it. (Perhaps it never got vocals, assuming it was recorded instrumentally)