10/08/23 - Sacramento, CA - Aftershock Festival

downzy

30 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

Of course the stage change has to be factored in too...The curfew was 1am and they managed a full set list so that's a success all things considered.  There shouldn't be too many complaints with regards to that, but we all know the story with GNR by now.

What did you think of AC/DC??

I wasn't there so I'm not exactly in a position to weigh in :lol: I haven't heard hardly anything yet, but plan on listening to one of the audience recordings tomorrow when I've got a long flight, very interested to hear it at least. 

1 hour ago, Powerage5 said:

I wasn't there so I'm not exactly in a position to weigh in :lol: I haven't heard hardly anything yet, but plan on listening to one of the audience recordings tomorrow when I've got a long flight, very interested to hear it at least. 

Ahh sorry, my mistake! There's a few full concert videos on YouTube to pick from fortunately! Hope you enjoy.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, kanecrescente said:

Ahh sorry, my mistake! There's a few full concert videos on YouTube to pick from fortunately! Hope you enjoy.

@Powerage5

Sad seeing Brian and Axls vocals these days. 

I think Brian should be replaced with the kid from Airbourne if they really need to keep going touring or call it a day and have a final farewell concert.

Edited by vloors

3 minutes ago, ©GnrPersia said:

Yes very sad to see the 76 year old Brian just begins to sound like how Axl has been singing since a decade ago when he was 50. 

I think here we are confussing different things, one is that we don't like how Axl sings but this does not means he is not arriving to the notes in a different way and the other one is Brian is not arriving to the notes, skipping lines and moments where he is struggling that much that he can't even sing, this comment is from an ACDC fan and I am not justyfing how Axl sings nowadays, he is younger.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, vloors said:

Thanks for the link. Band sounded real good but Axl was pretty rough.

I thought Axl sounded along the lines of his 2023 average. No more no less.

The main problem is that although he sounds decent to good on a considerable part of the set (mostly thanks to the setlist changes this year), he's very weak on the most popular songs. And when casual fans look for a video to check how he sounds, they will look for Welcome to the Jungle and SCOM, not Bad Obsession or Wichita Lineman.

Also Better shouldn't have been back in the set. It was kind of passable in San Diego, but it's been a disaster again in the last couple of shows.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I thought Axl sounded along the lines of his 2023 average. No more no less.

The main problem is that although he sounds decent to good on a considerable part of the set (mostly thanks to the setlist changes this year), he's very weak on the most popular songs. And when casual fans look for a video to check how he sounds, they will look for Welcome to the Jungle and SCOM, not Bad Obsession or Wichita Lineman.

Also Better shouldn't have been back in the set. It was kind of passable in San Diego, but it's been a disaster again in the last couple of shows.

I agree with you here he just cant nail the popular songs anymore and is very inconsistant. This isnt a good look for the bulk of the audience (casual fans).

And there are songs like better that should stay off the setlist unless he takes a different approach to singing them. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kanecrescente said:

It's not just 'we'... it's the overwhelming general public opinion too that Axl is all but finished vocally.

Yeah the opinion is important because It's what gives you the money but the reality is what I've said, even people, I include myself, don't want to assume it.

1 hour ago, Dani_1455 said:

Yeah the opinion is important because It's what gives you the money but the reality is what I've said, even people, I include myself, don't want to assume it.

If he adapted his voice for the hits which are all the ones he tends to sound worst on, OR the sound team were to be able to work some magic via distortion and layered vocals, then public opinion would be much more positive.

Autopiloting the hits in the naive hopes that the crowd will drown out the sound by singing along is wrong in the long run to ensure returning customers.

On 10/11/2023 at 7:50 PM, kanecrescente said:

If he adapted his voice for the hits which are all the ones he tends to sound worst on, OR the sound team were to be able to work some magic via distortion and layered vocals, then public opinion would be much more positive.

Autopiloting the hits in the naive hopes that the crowd will drown out the sound by singing along is wrong in the long run to ensure returning customers.

If he isn't physically able to sing Jungle in the way it's supposed to be sung, there isn't much he could do in terms of adopting. If he sang it in his lower voice the response from casual fans would still be negative, although less so (at least there wouldn't be all these videos mocking his "mickey" voice).

Edited by Blackstar

43 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

If he isn't physically able to sing Jungle in the way it's supposed to be sung, there isn't much he could do in terms of adopting. If he sang it in his lower voice the response from casual fans would still be negative.

There are always multiple ways of approaching things, take the chorus of Slither for example, an unnecessary change in itself.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...