09/20/23 - Biloxi, MS - Mississippi Coast Coliseum

downzy

5 hours ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

Are the recent lithos done in AI?

These are (Adobe Firefly.) I think you're on to something.

Prompt: concert poster for band titled "G N' R". vibrant colors, skulls and skeletons and guitars and top hats.

gnr-ai-poster-1.jpg

Prompt: concert poster for band titled "G N' R" in a realistic style. lots of skulls, guitars, an old steam train and a top hat and long-stemmed roses.

gnr-ai-poster-2.jpg

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dani_1455 said:

No YCBM and no Hardskool

They were played. From HTGTH:

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Mr. Brownstone, Pretty Tied Up, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Hard Skool, Double Talkin’ Jive, You Could Be Mine, Perhaps, Reckless Life, Absurd, Rocket Queen, Live And Let Die, T.V. Eye, Don’t Cry, Down On The Farm, Estranged, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door, Anything Goes, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Wichita Lineman, Madagascar, Coma, People Get Ready/Patience, My Michelle, Nightrain, Paradise City

2 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

They were played. From HTGTH:

Setlist: It’s So Easy, Bad Obsession, Chinese Democracy, Slither, Mr. Brownstone, Pretty Tied Up, Rumble/Welcome To The Jungle, Hard Skool, Double Talkin’ Jive, You Could Be Mine, Perhaps, Reckless Life, Absurd, Rocket Queen, Live And Let Die, T.V. Eye, Don’t Cry, Down On The Farm, Estranged, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door, Anything Goes, Civil War/(Voodoo Child), Band Introductions, Slash Solo/Sweet Child O’ Mine, November Rain, Wichita Lineman, Madagascar, Coma, People Get Ready/Patience, My Michelle, Nightrain, Paradise City

Okay, I just checked setlist Fm😂

• Haha 1

Looks like it was a good show :) Yeah, they definitely have someone turning Axl's volume up and down at these latest shows, was super noticeable to me at the Bucharest gig, but it is what it is. The setlists have been fantastic this year. Looking forward to hearing Perhaps in person, and I keep telling people that ABSURD is fucking awesome live :headbang:Hard Skool is one of those songs (along with Slither) that I wish was performed before 2018 when Axl could still really go for it (god, imagine 2006-era Axl on Hard Skool...), but at least ABSURD and Perhaps are sounding good these days rock3

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Amir said:

Looks like it was a good show :) Yeah, they definitely have someone turning Axl's volume up and down at these latest shows, was super noticeable to me at the Bucharest gig, but it is what it is. The setlists have been fantastic this year. Looking forward to hearing Perhaps in person, and I keep telling people that ABSURD is fucking awesome live :headbang:Hard Skool is one of those songs (along with Slither) that I wish was performed before 2018 when Axl could still really go for it (god, imagine 2006-era Axl on Hard Skool...), but at least ABSURD and Perhaps are sounding good these days rock3

I was listening to an Interview with the Rolling stones FOH guy, he basically said he had to constantly bring Micks mic level up and down throughout each song, figuring out the loud bits vs quiet bits so that they'd be equally audible... this is what I was suggesting for gnr a few months ago,outside of Axl improving his volume by himself

1 hour ago, Amir said:

Not really on Slither and hard Skool, be needs to sing the chorus like he does on PTU

3 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

We seemed to spend a lot of time up until the eve of the US tour saying the sales were an absolute bomb scare but no mention basically since and most dates look full if not 90%+....how so? Do they hit the streets on the morning and just gave away a bunch to hot chicks?

This venue was extremely small. The capacity was about 11,000. Compare that to other venues GNR are playing on this tour that have a capacity of 30 to 40 THOUSAND. 

It was mostly sold out months in advance.

Another reason why the show was not #1 for me, it was supposed to be small and intimate and rowdy.

Instead, people left early because it was long, a school/work night, and they had already gotten Sweet Child O' Mine, which is basically the casual fans money's worth. 

1 hour ago, KeyserSoze said:

This venue was extremely small. The capacity was about 11,000. Compare that to other venues GNR are playing on this tour that have a capacity of 30 to 40 THOUSAND. 

It was mostly sold out months in advance.

Another reason why the show was not #1 for me, it was supposed to be small and intimate and rowdy.

Instead, people left early because it was long, a school/work night, and they had already gotten Sweet Child O' Mine, which is basically the casual fans money's worth. 

That's it settled then, they should do what other bands do and play the only #1 they have LAST. SC as closer. PC as opener....happy folks?