09/20/23 - Biloxi, MS - Mississippi Coast Coliseum

downzy

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/14/2023 at 5:59 PM, KeyserSoze said:

Looking to hit this show up for my 6th "reunion" show since 2016. Thought I was done with this in 2021, but with the promise of at least 6 new "live" songs and whatever is going on with Perhaps and this show happening about an hour and a half from me, I think imma have to make the trip.

This show seems to be selling better than the others leading up to it. It's one of the smaller arenas on this tour, and its getting hard to find 2 or 3 seats together for face value. It looks like the bands personal stash of tickets for the wings have been released and full rows right next to the stage are available to be purchased. The ticket is $75 plus fees, which i know is gunna bring me over a $100, but it's the cheapest ticket available. There aren't any $20 or $30 options available like the other shows seem to have, but the prospect of being on the wings right next to the stage is getting to me and i might have to pull the trigger.

I already have tickets for Pearl Jam in Dallas the week before this show, and I'm waiting for Billy Strings to drop ticket information for his 3 NYE shows, which i already know is going to hurt my wallet. 

GNR has an interesting history with Biloxi.

In 1992, they started the year in the south with a ripper of a show in Biloxi on January 4th 1992: 

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/guns-n-roses/1992/mississippi-coast-coliseum-biloxi-ms-3d6193b.html

highlights include: 

- Perfect Crime opener

- Nightrain in the 6th slot 

- So Fine!!!!

- one of the final performances of Move to the City! 

- and a double encore with the first encore being Estranged back to back with Bad Obsession! 

Biloxi was a scheduled stop on the 2002 world tour, but we know how that went down. They haven't come back since 1992 which is why this should be a great show, they seemed to have a good time 31 years ago, maybe a little bit of that magic will run over into this show. 

Of the 5 shows i've seen, and minus the new standards they are playing on this go of shows, I still haven't gotten Used To Love Her, Nice Boys, Yesterdays, Raw Power (which i know they only played 7 times at the beginning of NITL), Catcher In The Rye, TWAT, Riff Raff and Whole Lotta Rosie...I know its a total stretch, but it seems like the setlists are just longer or not depending on how the band is feeling that day, so I'm hoping at least ONE of these songs is substituted in for this show, as they have all been played by the band in the past and seem to get rotated in the encore at "bigger" shows.... I'm hoping since this one is near sold out status, AND GNR (Axl) have cancelled here in the past, we get a really good long show (i'm looking at the Abu Dhabi show as a reference....) 

Oh, and i've seen a ticket stub for the 1992 Biloxi show which cost staggering $22.75 for a general admission ticket. Which is a WHOPPING $49.57 in 2023 money, not $250+...... anyway

From that list of of songs you only really have a shot at TWAT or Catcher. The rest haven't been played in ages. Have a blast!

Waited till the last possible minute to see if prices would go down... Scored the first level off the floor, row FOUR on Duff's side for $60... Thats about half the price of the tickets that were being sold in the rafters.... Lets go! I'll see y'all tonight 

EDIT: theres some floor tickets in the back that have opened up for $40 as well. Crazy. 

Edited by KeyserSoze

Not feeling that litho, or any of the lithos GNR has been doing on this run... Metallica and even Pearl Jam's newest, which didn't get a great reception in the fan community, are miles above. Even smaller jam bands like Umphrees Mcgee get better posters than this band. I shall save my money in that regard lol 

• Like 1

I like this poster design, but I must say that I think a lot of the posters look pretty dated and very cliche oldskool hardrock. But that's pretty much all GN'R artwork in my opinion. Would be great if they would have a team around them more like for example Metallica. The whole art direction of their 72 Seasons is applied to every single thing. The stage, the socials, the instruments and so on. Just feels so much more modern. I'm a GNR fan since 1989 and loved their artworks during the UYI tour. Axl seemed to care more those days for specific art, like the Kostabin paintings. Would be awesome if he would pick an artist again for a new album cover.

Edited by Feibo
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, Coma16 said:

From that list of of songs you only really have a shot at TWAT or Catcher. The rest haven't been played in ages. Have a blast!

They played Yesterdays and Nice Boys this year, and Whole Lotta Rosie last year. 

But I agree, the chances are slim.

Edited by We love Axl Rose
  • Like 1