06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

my opinion hasn't changed about this topic. It's an important festival with a rich history, but I believe that even a really weak Gn'R show won't do that much damage if at all to ticket sales.

Bingo. Not trying to be disrespectful, but no one outside England cares about Glasto. Seen some folks on here suggesting this could be “one of their biggest gigs ever” and that is the absolute wildest take I’ve seen. 

3 minutes ago, MattyIce3924 said:

Bingo. Not trying to be disrespectful, but no one outside England cares about Glasto. Seen some folks on here suggesting this could be “one of their biggest gigs ever” and that is the absolute wildest take I’ve seen. 

Well, it is one of their biggest gigs ever.

Sorry about that. 

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Was there 3 week ago, lovely city

Grew up near there and it was my regular place for gigs/record shopping. Moles Club has to be seen to be believed, if you ever get the chance! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, allwaystired said:

Well, it is one of their biggest gigs ever.

Sorry about that. 

Grew up near there and it was my regular place for gigs/record shopping. Moles Club has to be seen to be believed, if you ever get the chance! 

My ex was from Bradford On Avon close by, lovely part of the country

5 minutes ago, MattyIce3924 said:

Theres no world where it's not one of their biggest gigs. In every way. The attendence numbers, the mainstream media coverage here, the worldwide music press, it's unquestionably one of the most respected festivals by musicians. It may not be as revered by fans or people in other countries, but in a music industry sense, there is no more important or prestigious festival than Glasto. Therefore it is one of their biggest gigs ever. 

• Like 3

Just now, prettytiedup88 said:

Theres no world where it's not one of their biggest gigs. In every way. The attendence numbers, the mainstream media coverage here, the worldwide music press, it's unquestionably one of the most respected festivals by musicians. It may not be as revered by fans or people in other countries, but in a music industry sense, there is no more important or prestigious festival than Glasto. Therefore it is one of their biggest gigs ever. 

Oh the band know it, musicians know it (hence why the Foo Fighters are currently playing a surprise set), music fans know it, a d anyone looking at the facts and figures around capacity knows it......but that won't stop some people denying it. No idea why! Annoyed they're not there maybe? 

• Like 1

I know it well! That's a great town. 

live in the north now but grew up in somerset so watching Glasto will make me homesick i think.

Bath has some great bars, lot of history great vibe to it

1 minute ago, Shacklermyrye said:

live in the north now but grew up in somerset so watching Glasto will make me homesick i think.

Bath has some great bars, lot of history great vibe to it

I'm going to DM you as I'm interested in where you're from now and I'm sure everyone else doesn't want to read this! 

19 minutes ago, MattyIce3924 said:

Sure...but there's a lot of stuff out there that shows it has a big effect on artists...especially if it's a set for the ages...

There will be a massive press wave, good, bad, ugly, whatever....I think some underestimate this....it'll get a lot of people googling "who are guns n roses" - believe it! 

A lot of people will remember them tomorrow, be there for them but also discover their music for the first time tomorrow...

The UK is known as one of the if not thee best music country, look what's been produced here...it's a friggen big deal, I can't believe they're actually doing it, I'm really pumped. 

https://www.officialcharts.com/chart-news/billie-eilish-diana-ross-olivia-rodrigo-sam-fender-and-more-reap-glastonbury-rewards-as-they-see-huge-uplift__36757/

https://www.musicweek.com/media/read/pyramid-scheme-glastonbury-delivers-big-sales-boost-for-headliners/076716

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Oh the band know it, musicians know it (hence why the Foo Fighters are currently playing a surprise set), music fans know it, a d anyone looking at the facts and figures around capacity knows it......but that won't stop some people denying it. No idea why! Annoyed they're not there maybe? 

What do you mean by surprise set? Were they not on the bill?

Just now, rocknroll41 said:

What do you mean by surprise set? Were they not on the bill?

Nope. It was listed as 'The Churnups' for an afternoon set. People were speculating on who it was for a few weeks.....Foo Fighters was heavily rumoured, but not actually confirmed until they came on. 

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Nope. It was listed as 'The Churnups' for an afternoon set. People were speculating on who it was for a few weeks.....Foo Fighters was heavily rumoured, but not actually confirmed until they came on. 

Brilliant set! Nice to see our boys side stage and hopefully they are there to negotiate that Dave cameo tomorrow! Also lovely tribute to Taylor too...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, koldbeer2 said:

Yeah I've no idea where people ate getting the idea that this isn't a big deal. When you've got foo fighters doing a 'secret set', a band that normally easily headlines festivals in their own right, happy to do a set in this position in itself should tell you why it's so big.

It's equally as important as coachella, rock in rio, etc...

If not more so. It's been going longer....