06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

I predict a stable show. Nothing more, nothing less. 
A surprise would be nice, though. And in any case, they haven't played an exactly same setlist on this tour yet, which in itself is pretty cool. 

Edited by jamillos
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, jamillos said:

I predict a stable show. Nothing more, nothing less. 
A surprise would be nice, though. And in any case, they haven't played an exactly same setlist on this tour yet, which in itself is pretty cool. 

Yeah I think this too. I don't think there will be any surprises. Possibly an appearance by Brian/Angus. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Yeah I think this too. I don't think there will be any surprises. Possibly an appearance by Brian/Angus. 

It's not Carrie. It's Glasto, so it has to be a surprise. Not wanting to spoil things, if it's true. We did the line up first, I think that's enough lol.

This were words of Sp1at like 2 months ago so a guest is very probable but the thing is who is

3 minutes ago, Dani_1455 said:

It's not Carrie. It's Glasto, so it has to be a surprise. Not wanting to spoil things, if it's true. We did the line up first, I think that's enough lol.

This were words of Sp1at like 2 months ago so a guest is very probable but the thing is who is

Yeah, I'm not into the 'insider'/'plans changed' routines to be honest. I was saying GNR were doing Glastonbury a long time before these 'insiders' were and I have literally no inside information. 

Saying it's not Carrie Underwood is hardly a revelation - she's on tour in the US with a a concert that same night!

If there's no guest you'll get 'plans must have changed' if there is, you'll get 'told you I was right', no matter who it is. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 1

What do people want to see in the set? 

I think something like this would be good. Lean, includes most of appetite and the hits+a few surprises. Dropped ycbm, hardskool etc 

I hope they smash it for the live stream. A lot of people have written their performance off already so hopefully that gives them the fire to bring it. 

excited the U.K. tour is here finally :headbang:

Set: 

ise

bad obsession 

lald

brownstone

Chinese democracy 

jungle 

don’t cry 

Out ta get me

down on the farm 

soyl

civil war 

you’re crazy 

scom 

nice boys 

november rain 

anything goes/reckless life 

back in black (with AC/DC) 

kohd 

nightrain 

encore 

Patience 

the seeker (with guest?) 

paradise city 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

I think something like this would be good. Lean, includes most of appetite and the hits+a few surprises. Dropped ycbm, hardskool etc 

I hope they smash it for the live stream. A lot of people have written their performance off already so hopefully that gives them the fire to bring it. 

Set: 

ise

bad obsession 

lald

brownstone

Chinese democracy 

jungle 

don’t cry 

Out ta get me

down on the farm 

soyl

civil war 

you’re crazy 

scom 

nice boys 

november rain 

kohd 

nightrain 

encore 

Patience 

the seeker (with guest?) 

paradise city 

I think that's a reasonable guess. I'd say, due to timing constraints, they'll just do PC in the encore though and there will be a Duff bit. 

What I'd WANT to see, personally, though would be a different matter....and definitely not compatable with what a festival crowd full of people who haven't paid to see GNR would be remotely interested in! 

3 minutes ago, SilverMachine said:

Guarantee there's going to be at least one guest. Could well imagine one of Ron Wood, James Dean Bradfield or Dave Grohl making an appearance. Were it not for the bad blood between him and Michael Eavis I reckon you could have seen Brian May popping by.

Would be willing to bet money that there's no chance of the first two, and given Dave Grohl was up with Paul McCartney last year, he'd be unlikely too. 

Expectations folks. Be realistic, otherwise disappoint awaits around the corner! 

14 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Would be willing to bet money that there's no chance of the first two, and given Dave Grohl was up with Paul McCartney last year, he'd be unlikely too. 

Expectations folks. Be realistic, otherwise disappoint awaits around the corner! 

Honestly I'll just be happy with a decent show and no disasters...anything else is a big bonus! It'll just be so cool to see them do my favourite festival. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Set: 

ise

bad obsession 

lald

brownstone

Chinese democracy 

jungle 

don’t cry 

Out ta get me

down on the farm 

soyl

civil war 

you’re crazy 

scom 

nice boys 

november rain 

kohd 

nightrain 

encore 

Patience 

the seeker (with guest?) 

paradise city 

Not The Seeker again?! 

11 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

and no disasters... 

If it's raining and Axl puts on the yellow raincoat again... oh my. 

Edited by jamillos

5 minutes ago, jamillos said:

Not The Seeker again?! 

If it's raining and Axl puts on the yellow raincoat again... oh my. 

Seeker makes sense for U.K. gigs and it’s a great high energy cover that axl consistently nails. Will be silly if they don’t play it for the live stream!! 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, GNR_RNR said:

Seeker makes sense for U.K. gigs and it’s a great high energy cover that axl consistently nails. Will be silly if they don’t play it for the live stream!! 

You know what song would make more sense? Sailing! Granted Axl could nail it. What a treat that would be. 

• Like 1