06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

2 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

Funny - I always thought that Noel was a GnR fan. I remember him being very complimentary about their show at RIR3 (when Oasis were on the bill immediately before them) AND about Chinese Democracy.

On the other hand - he just can't resist giving a provocative opinion. Remember how he came unstuck a few years ago when he questioned the choice of Jay-Z as a Glastonbury headliner? 

Yea...it's not like he's saying he hates him, which he doesn't need asked twice to say about most artists....he's just pointing out that IHO, he thinks Glasto should be all British headliners (?!)....strange, they have 2/3 covered so...it's been a long while now, that they've had at least one of the big international artists high up the bill like this...so hardly something new! Yea....Jay-Z did cause a lot of controversy at the time....then came out playing Wonderwall, which was the absolutely best way to stick it to Noel...Guitar round his neck and all! Lewis Capaldi came out with a Noel heart t-shirt....Axl should do a bit of "Don't Look Back In Anger" or something....🤪

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

It's an odd argument to take for sure. 

There's definitely one to be had about why Glastonbury is booking two old nostalgia acts in the place of newer, fresher talent (especially when they have always tried to push newer headliners and made bold statements to this effect in the past) but them not being British seems an odd argument to make. 

Yea...I think now that Emily Eavis is taking care of the day-to-day, with Michael getting on a bit...she's on record as a bit of a fan of GNR and always wanted them to headline at some point (apparently) She seems to be a bit of rocker at heart....I mean this year, it's like a throwback to guitar rock (Elton is a mix of piano and guitar rock....I guess). Lizzo was thrown in to quiet the rags and social media keyboard warriors moaning about diversity. I'm all for variety and moving with the times but NOT just for the sake of it and some years will balance to the old more than others...as that's what a fluid festival should be. I'm glad Guns are getting this opportunity. Let's face it, other than a successful/good LP coming out, what else have they to come after that'll be bigger than this? 

Release the singles in the next 3/4 days Team Brazil. Come on!!!

7 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

Funny - I always thought that Noel was a GnR fan. I remember him being very complimentary about their show at RIR3 (when Oasis were on the bill immediately before them) AND about Chinese Democracy.

On the other hand - he just can't resist giving a provocative opinion. Remember how he came unstuck a few years ago when he questioned the choice of Jay-Z as a Glastonbury headliner? 

There's a difference between being a 'fan' and saying something complimentary though. People always confuse that as everything has to be an extreme now. 

I accidentally watched Robbie Williams live on TV the other night. Thought it was a great show, he came across as a decent guy and I enjoyed it. I can't stand his music though and would never dream of buying or even listening to it normally. 

Yeah I wouldn't take anything Gallaghers say too seriously. They like to troll people in interviews because they know those will get headlines. 

I remember Noel once said people only listened to Beach Boys because they are so close to Beatles in alphabet 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, tboneman said:

Yeah I wouldn't take anything Gallaghers say too seriously. They like to troll people in interviews because they know those will get headlines. 

I remember Noel once said people only listened to Beach Boys because they are so close to Beatles in alphabet 😄

Aye. The guy has a fair few volume of books of quotes attributed to him...if Axl went on radio as much as Noel, there'd be far more opinions, rants and quotes over the years too...I suppose. 

15 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

He likes being provocative. He also knows he's speaking to a specific audience who will agree with him.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Yea...I think now that Emily Eavis is taking care of the day-to-day, with Michael getting on a bit...she's on record as a bit of a fan of GNR and always wanted them to headline at some point (apparently) She seems to be a bit of rocker at heart....I mean this year, it's like a throwback to guitar rock (Elton is a mix of piano and guitar rock....I guess). Lizzo was thrown in to quiet the rags and social media keyboard warriors moaning about diversity. I'm all for variety and moving with the times but NOT just for the sake of it and some years will balance to the old more than others...as that's what a fluid festival should be. I'm glad Guns are getting this opportunity. Let's face it, other than a successful/good LP coming out, what else have they to come after that'll be bigger than this? 

Release the singles in the next 3/4 days Team Brazil. Come on!!!

As with all social media controversies - it was really only a few loudmouths on Twitter who were complaining.

I'm sure that nearly everyone who is actually going to Glasto will be too busy having a good time (whoever they are watching) to worry about the gender/race/sexual orientation balance of who is on stage. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Sausagebrain said:

Always bringing the attitude. Because he knows he can switch it around later and it will cost him nothing. But the article doesn't quote him saying anything band about the band.

I believe he also went and saw Guns N Roses in the early 90s (or 80s).

Edited by Spiritual_Chaos

31 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

then came out playing Wonderwall, which was the absolutely best way to stick it to Noel...Guitar round his neck and all! 

In what way was it a way to "stick it to Noel"? And even "the absolutely best way" ?

He wore a guitar and sounded like shit...

Robbie Williams has "stuck it" to the Gallaghers in fun ways through the years though. Playing 3 nights at Knebworth to beat Oasis 2, goofing on them on stage etc.

Edited by Spiritual_Chaos

18 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

In what way was it a way to "stick it to Noel"? And even "the absolutely best way" ?

He wore a guitar and sounded like shit...

Robbie Williams has "stuck it" to the Gallaghers in fun ways through the years though. Playing 3 nights at Knebworth to beat Oasis 2, goofing on them on stage etc.

Because it didn't matter how he sounded...he showed it was water off a ducks back to him. I'm not a Jay Z fan but he's a smart guy and a great businessman, no doubt about that. He immediately, if memory serves, got positive press after the onslaught against him prior...as he wasn't taking himself too seriously, that endears to the British press it would seem. So yea, it was a good move, despite how it sounded...got folks on side. That's my memory anyway.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, eddiedingle said:

Elton John is reportedly bringing 4 guest performers on tracks. Could Axl be one?

I'd bet on Dua Lipa, Olly alexander and maybe Sheeran (even though he's in the States the night before...didn't stop Springsteen appearing last year...) So maybe one more slot? Hmmm. I definately think Axl would be down. Elton's in his top 3 right? So I could imagine, especially with Billy Joel, Lisa funeral, Underwood etc...he seems more keen to appear with others than in a long time...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

I wondered how long it would take grumpy old Noel to chime In with his opinion....honestly if Fernando had half a brain, he would collect all these articles, ping Axl and give him a greivance, a point to prove. Axl has always given more when he's backed into the corner with the world against him sorta thing (see Axl/DC as recent(ish) example...)

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/noel-gallagher-no-idea-why-070000655.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnVrLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHvKThEz83Tyi9vVKf3Wg8wAz4RTtHfcAaKprdplfJv-uKCRZD53skKiUFm0DCWMjuOCl45Zo05ITTJTrkaX3wykw3QbkFW2tP_h1GVQscOED6a42zvRadixdiTg4-jtwE_-k_FatpYTduZ7BblpukbqPEaLhH0phWfVWb-Pd6XS

Who cares what Noel thinks? He's not even going. And Slash is part British so there you go.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Manfisman said:

So is this broadcasted online or only in the UK? Actually is this live broadcasted at all or posted afterwards?

https://www.nme.com/news/music/glastonbury-2023-how-to-watch-listen-from-home-3456576

Seems like it's BBC and BBC iPlayer in UK and highlights later on YouTube worldwide. If you have a VPN then I guess you can watch it on iPlayer live as it happens. 

• Thanks 1