06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

1 minute ago, jimisbatman said:

How big/musically popular (current music) is noel/Liam in the UK these days? What's the general consensus from brits? 

Liam is absolutely massive- sells out stadium tours, headlines festivals, huge. 

Noel's popularity has really dipped as his music gets more different. Albums still sell ok, but as a live draw he isn't selling out venues. 

In my opinion Noel's music is better, but Liam has tapped into the demand for Oasis (he plays a lot of their songs live, exactly as they are on record) and has also benefitted from doing more interviews. People seem to like him a lot now, in a way they never did. 

It is interesting how the perception of them both has changed over the years. Liam is no longer the "total arsehole" he was often made out to be. 

• Like 3

Liam is a pure legend and a massive Guns n  Roses fan , he is a true rock star indeed .I think Noel's comments about Guns epic slot of Glastonbury are envy and bitterness , if he wants to headline Glastonbury maybe he should give Liam a ring and get Oasis back together .

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Liam is absolutely massive- sells out stadium tours, headlines festivals, huge. 

Noel's popularity has really dipped as his music gets more different. Albums still sell ok, but as a live draw he isn't selling out venues. 

In my opinion Noel's music is better, but Liam has tapped into the demand for Oasis (he plays a lot of their songs live, exactly as they are on record) and has also benefitted from doing more interviews. People seem to like him a lot now, in a way they never did. 

It is interesting how the perception of them both has changed over the years. Liam is no longer the "total arsehole" he was often made out to be. 

Thanks for that. Knew Liam was constantly in media but didn't realise how big concert wise he still is. Definitely knew he always plays Oasis songs live and needs them to beef up his live set. 

Interesting Noel isn't selling out venues. I like 1 or 2 songs from every Liam record, but Like yourself, find Noels albums better. Listening to his current album and there's some good songs and 1 or 2 magnificently great songs on there, and you wonder if liams voice on the rest of the album if it would be the secret sauce to propel the songs to the next level. 

4 minutes ago, jimisbatman said:

Thanks for that. Knew Liam was constantly in media but didn't realise how big concert wise he still is. Definitely knew he always plays Oasis songs live and needs them to beef up his live set. 

Interesting Noel isn't selling out venues. I like 1 or 2 songs from every Liam record, but Like yourself, find Noels albums better. Listening to his current album and there's some good songs and 1 or 2 magnificently great songs on there, and you wonder if liams voice on the rest of the album if it would be the secret sauce to propel the songs to the next level. 

No probs! 

I was a massive Oasis fan, since their start, so it's really bizarre and surprising to me too to see how Liam's popularity has skyrocketed. I credit a lot of it to nostalgia.....but then his new albums sell loads too, so it's not just that. 

If you'd have said to me back in 1995 that Liam would be massive and Noel wasn't I wouldn't have believed it at all! 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Champy said:

Liam is a pure legend and a massive Guns n  Roses fan , he is a true rock star indeed .I think Noel's comments about Guns epic slot of Glastonbury are envy and bitterness , if he wants to headline Glastonbury maybe he should give Liam a ring and get Oasis back together .

I think "a massive Guns N Roses fan" is a bit of a reach! 

He played before them at one point (I think at a festival somewhere) but other than that, I've barely heard him mention them. 

Edited by allwaystired

19 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

No probs! 

I was a massive Oasis fan, since their start, so it's really bizarre and surprising to me too to see how Liam's popularity has skyrocketed. I credit a lot of it to nostalgia.....but then his new albums sell loads too, so it's not just that. 

If you'd have said to me back in 1995 that Liam would be massive and Noel wasn't I wouldn't have believed it at all! 

You'd be forgiven for thinking Liam's new stuff was Oasis with how it sounds, unlike Noel's stuff

• Like 1

Really looking forward to watching whatever they show on the BBC tomorrow night. 

My mate is at Glasto and will record what he can from the set for me. He missed  the Tottenham show last year due to coming down with covid the day before and I felt bad for him missing out. At least he gets to see them this year. 

I have tried so many years to get tickets but never succeeded. 

See who we get to join. 

The set time shows as 21:30 - 23:45 sure they'll play on longer than that! 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stay.Of.Execution said:

Just the fact we have a pic with axl and slash together outside the stage gets me hyped. Lets go!

I wouldn't have thought that they spend time together outside a concert ground (and even go for a hug). This sounds really promising, I wonder what new mixes they listened to and what "it" is that sounds awesome.

6 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

Anyone watching the Glastonbury coverage on the iPlayer. Was really excited to watch the Hives on the other stage and they haven't started streaming the other stage yet! They're a great band live, surprised they put them on so early!?

Didn't know it had started yet actually! 

There's a few weird things like that at Glastonbury- bands further down the bill than I'd have thought they would be. 

1 hour ago, jamillos said:

Not The Seeker again?! 

If it's raining and Axl puts on the yellow raincoat again... oh my. 

That would probably get praised as quirky over here! 😆

Plus Seeker with Townshend or Daltrey would be fun! Swaying Axl, swinging mic Roger! 🤪

Edited by colonizedmind