06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

1 hour ago, gavgnr said:

I really doubt it. Even with Guns’ usual reticence to do something new, add to that a Glasto crowd and they’ll only be doing the tried and tested I think 

I'm gonna say, I think they're gonna play one new song....especially with that studio photo just popping up now of Ax and Slash. I'd say the odds just increased at least...

1 hour ago, allwaystired said:

No probs! 

I was a massive Oasis fan, since their start, so it's really bizarre and surprising to me too to see how Liam's popularity has skyrocketed. I credit a lot of it to nostalgia.....but then his new albums sell loads too, so it's not just that. 

If you'd have said to me back in 1995 that Liam would be massive and Noel wasn't I wouldn't have believed it at all! 

See-saw eh....Beady Eye was a disaster for Liam and Noel was doing much better then, right? It's gone the other way now...

12 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I'm gonna say, I think they're gonna play one new song....especially with that studio photo just popping up now of Ax and Slash. I'd say the odds just increased at least...

See-saw eh....Beady Eye was a disaster for Liam and Noel was doing much better then, right? It's gone the other way now...

Yeah Beady Eye was strange- all of Oasis (bar Noel) form a band, people weren't interested! But they are when it's just Liam? I don't think Beady Eye's music was any worse or better than Liam's solo stuff.

Perhaps people are just so unaware about music that they didn't realise it was Liam Gallagher's band? When they see his name on the label it attracts them? Who knows! 

• Like 1

As discussed in the 'new album' thread, the studio appearence in the picture most likely was to listen to sound from the last appearance at Tons of Rock in preparation for Glasto. The sound engineer was in the studio with them presumably to show Axl and Flash how the sound is for the recent shows and prepare for Glastonbury seeing as they don't get a soundcheck. 

It's very unlikely to do with new music I'm afraid 

Edited by rumandraisin
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Just now, allwaystired said:

Yeah Beady Eye was strange- all of Oasis (bar Noel) form a band, people weren't interested! But they are when it's just Liam? I don't think Beady Eye's music was any worse or better than Liam's solo stuff.

Perhaps people are just so unaware about music that they didn't realise it was Liam Gallagher's band? When they see his name on the label it attracts them? Who knows! 

Exactly that I think...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, rumandraisin said:

As discussed in the 'new album' thread, the studio appearence in the picture most likely was to listen to sound from the last appearance at Tons of Rock in preparation for Glasto. The sound engineer was in the studio with them presumably to show Axl and Flash how the sound is for the recent shows and prepare for Glastonbury seeing as they don't get a soundcheck. 

It's very unlikely to do with new music I'm afraid 

why would they need variety of speakers and especially headphones for that? the quote says they were listening to "new mixes" and it is very common standard that you listen to those on different sound systems so that you know the mastering was done well and the music works good on your great speakers and sound at least decent on your laptop/cheap headphones.

Edited by sakuL_
  • Like 3

53 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Well, with Beady Eye Liam refused to play Oasis songs (until that band started crashing) and tried to establish a whole new band. Now he's going on to Fuckin' in the Bushes in his parka and it's all about giving the people the Oasis that they want.

Respect Noel for doing his thing. The Who Build the Moon album was great and different (the stuff before that great too). I really enjoyed the Liam gig in 2020, for the Oasis-obvious reasons. And some of his singles have been cool, but  most of them written by outside writers.

We'll just see how long left until the reunion. Liam says he's good friends with the Universe and the Universe will make Noel call and it will be all on Liams terms.

Edited by Spiritual_Chaos
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, BucketEgg said:

some chatter of what some people probably outside the hardcore GnR fanbase are thinking:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/244153-guns-n-roses/page/27/

'You know you've got problems when the bassists sings better than the singer' haha. Oh boy. This Could be so so bad for Axl. I really hope he delivers. This is like the annual live aid for the UK. If he smiles, brings out some guests and sounds good on the classics, the british press will forgive him and be positive. If they are 1 minute late or he steps out of line for one second, they will tear him to shreds. Glad people seem to be accepting that he can no longer sing, but he's trying. My issue for that though is stop charging elvis presley prices for mickey vocals for non festival gigs

Edited by JimiRose
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I know has been said countless times, but it’s always relevant:

With any, and I mean any other band in the world, all signs point to new music happening at this show. But with GNR, they never do anything that ever makes a lick of fucking sense, so im not getting my hopes up.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, sakuL_ said:

why would they need variety of speakers and especially headphones for that? the quote says they were listening to "new mixes" and it is very common standard that you listen to those on different sound systems so that you know the mastering was done well and the music works good on your great speakers and sound at least decent on your laptop/cheap headphones.

What about in the car

giphy.gif

Or out on a lake with the sound blasting from your barn

"He said, 'Get into the rowboat,'" Nash explained on NPR's Fresh Air in 2013. "I said, 'Get into the rowboat?' He said, 'Yeah, we’re going to go out into the middle of the lake.'"

The two row out on the lake, with Nash assuming Young brought a cassette player and headphones with him.

"Oh, no," said Nash on NPR. "He has his entire house as the left speaker and his entire barn as the right speaker. And I heard 'Harvest' coming out of these two incredibly large loud speakers louder than hell. It was unbelievable. Elliot Mazer, who produced Neil, produced 'Harvest,' came down to the shore of the lake and he shouted out to Neil, 'How was that, Neil?'"

The best part is Young's apparent response to the situation. As Nash explained, "I swear to God, Neil Young shouted back, 'More barn!'"

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, jimisbatman said:

How big/musically popular (current music) is noel/Liam in the UK these days? What's the general consensus from brits? 

Noels last album was just beaten to number 1 by Foo fighters, but he's still a big deal, maybe sub headlines festivals. Liam headlined reading and leeds and sells out stadiums an outdoor venues and every album has been number 1. Oasis are still the holy grail in british culture. Their reunion would probably selling 10 million tickets here alone. 

48 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

Beady eyes first album was great, the roller, kill for a dream etc. really odd that it didnt really capture the public. i think Oasis were so in everyones faces and people were pissed with the break up, people had enough. They'd oversaturated. 13 years later people are thirsty again!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, allwaystired said:

I think "a massive Guns N Roses fan" is a bit of a reach! 

He played before them at one point (I think at a festival somewhere) but other than that, I've barely heard him mention them. 

Liam attended a show in Hammersmith in 2006 and was apparently signing all the songs rocking out 

5 minutes ago, JimiRose said:

Beady eyes first album was great, the roller, kill for a dream etc. really odd that it didnt really capture the public. i think Oasis were so in everyones faces and people were pissed with the break up, people had enough. They'd oversaturated. 13 years later people are thirsty again!

Good point actually - you could have gone to see Oasis, what, a year or so before Beady Eye? That's probably a big part of it. I preferred the second album actually - a real grower, with some great production. 

2 minutes ago, Champy said:

Liam attended a show in Hammersmith in 2006 and was apparently signing all the songs rocking out 

So Nu-Guns era. I have never heard this before! Where was this reported? 

58 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

So who's gonna get into the mood and make a weekend of it?

Alex has recovered from his throat issues, so the Arctic Monkeys headline tonight...should be fun. Foo fighters secret set in an hour or so...get to see Josh jam! Gonna get into the vibe and watch as much as possible before 10pm tomorrow...

The weather is close to perfect, warm but not crazy! 

Get an idea of how the sound and video is ...it's usually top-notch.

Woohoo.  My daughter has just snagged a couple of the T-shirts for me.  Now I’m just waiting for the “ooops, they don’t fit you, so now I’ll have to have them”.

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Woohoo.  My daughter has just snagged a couple of the T-shirts for me.  Now I’m just waiting for the “ooops, they don’t fit you, so now I’ll have to have them”.

That's £80 you'll owe her! 

Gig shirts have got to ludicrous levels recently. 

1 hour ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

I know has been said countless times, but it’s always relevant:

With any, and I mean any other band in the world, all signs point to new music happening at this show. But with GNR, they never do anything that ever makes a lick of fucking sense, so im not getting my hopes up.

Don't get me wrong - I am as eager to hear new GnR songs as anyone.

But I actually hope that they don't play any new songs at Glastonbury. This isn't a hardcore GnR audience that they are performing to and, in the two and a bit hours they have, they need to give the punters their best known songs only. (Don't forget about the millions watching on the BBC as well).

They should save the new stuff for their own concerts. 

Edited by Sausagebrain
  • Like 2

Just had 6music on in the radio....interesting discussion on Guns with Matt Everett and the host on how they typically wouldn't be accepted at Glasto, based on the rock "flaunting and posturing" but that's long since been blasted away I thought with the likes of Metallica headlining, Jay-Z and all sorts of other unusuals...it's definately expanded it's pallate in last few decades...discussion of Axl as a "figure of hate" but in contrast Slash "being worshipped as a guitar hero" was usual shit!

They ended their discussion wondering whether they'd show up on time....I think it's safe to say, they were previewing them on old rep! So I guess many like them will be pleasantly surprised when they're punctual and that'll get them some props, in a weird way....

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 1