06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

It's kinda wacky to see the former Howard Hughes of rock N roll so overtly socialable with fans currently, signing whatever, kissing whomever...Also scandals aside, the BBC prize winning coverage of Glastonbury and Wimbledon back to back, something they totally nail in terms of video/audio (mostly) still showing daily trails between programs of Glasto (iPlayer) and Wimbledon highlights! Footage of Axl running blurring into a tennis player running is kinda surreal to see on primetime, mainstream TV! This was the time to strike, they will very unlikely get this much free coverage again, unless they produce a masterpiece that puts real ripple waves through the Industry...Anyone continuing to track the impact of Glastonbury? (sales/steaming wise?) Greatest hits etc were up last I heard. Still, whatever the capatalisation (or lack of) it happened and it certainly was very unlikely circa 2002, if someone had told you, Axl and Slash were gonna headline Glasto together....sometimes should be happy for what you have and not focus on sadness for what you don't...

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Like 2

On 7/14/2023 at 6:39 PM, beebee_head said:

With all the UK positivity following Glastonbury, perhaps a smaller arena tour in November/December would be welcome…

I can't see it, I bet they made more money out of Glasgow and Hyde Park, than say 6 small arena shows 

• 4 months later...