06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

1 hour ago, alfierose said:

It might be Glastonbury rules. Maybe they make all artists and crew test - a lot of money is at stake if the talent get ill.

England doesn't care about covid anymore, nor should they. She's just the frail embodiment of a typical yank vegan 

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Haha 4

21 minutes ago, kanecrescente said:

England doesn't care about covid anymore, nor should they. She's just the frail embodiment of a typical yank vegan 

Overall no England doesn't. There are still exceptions here and there. If I visit a care home as part of my job I'm still expected to test beforehand. I don't think it's legally enforceable now but in that specific scenario the expectation is still there and if I tested positive, even without any symptoms, I'd rearrange.

Of course there may be no rules for Glastonbury and she might be as you describe. I don't really know!

16 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I think we were pleased not because the performance was better than all other shows of the tour, it was because they have a long history of not delivering well on high profile, filmed events.

Plus the fact we saw a proper broadcast. When a band is this notoriously known for not releasing anything (e.g. 7 years in the tour and no DVD yet), then any positive deviation has people excited more than what would be considered adequate/expectable in other (i.e. normal) cases...

• Like 3

I have to be honnest, I've seen them at the Graspop and I was afraid about this show. The Graspop reviews were awful (as usual, voice, too long...).

It was a good show. Really good. First part was really great. Second part, a lttle bit of Mickey on classics songs (as usual) like SCOM or NR.

The stupid quotes about an "in time" Axl (or other reflexions about the physique)  reflect that many people are stuck to the 90s.

My fav :

- Bad Obsession

- Reckless live (really great IMO)

- PTU

- Patience

They made the job. I like this festival setlist btw.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Don't put the blame on journalists/reviewers for Axl making it a rule to be an ass and not showing up on time until, when - 2016(?) and having it be his legacy. Blame him.

2012-2014. I think it is the journalists job to do a minimum of research. 

• Like 2

Did anyone see this? Who's their "rep" ? What a weird explanation if so....I think we will see improved audio over time...BBC are gonna 24hr stream all week, the main performances, maybe it'll appear in better form during the week, especially since publications have reached out to them about the issue....let's see. If Guns aren't happy with the mix, it may be the reason no videos have been posted separately yet....someone said there had but in my region, I see nothing! Link if officially there are links...

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/guns-n-roses-sound-issues-8550733?int_source=amp_continue_reading&int_medium=amp&int_campaign=continue_reading_button#amp-readmore-target

Edited by colonizedmind
  • Wow 1

52 minutes ago, Spiritual_Chaos said:

Don't put the blame on journalists/reviewers for Axl making it a rule to be an ass and not showing up on time until, when - 2016(?) and having it be his legacy. Blame him.

Yea and he was rightly given shit THEN for that...the flip of that is if you don't do your research in 2023 as a journalist, you should rightly be called out as archaic and a relic from a different era.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SoulMonster said:

Slash could barely contain his elation, drooling all over his guitar. 

A bit too much drooling haha. He always does that. Comes with the age I guess :lol:

35 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Plus the guns lighter dude makes #3. Poor guy gonna be a meme for upgrading to modern tech forever...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-66013118

That was Pele with his 1999 lighter.

• Haha 3

Two notes:

I hear a lot of people giving the TV audio guy a hard time, but I think most of the issue is Axl, rather than the mixer. Axl doesn’t sing loudly when he’s in his Mickey falsetto. The volume coming from him is probably half of what it is when he’s singing in his chest voice or when he’s hitting the high notes.

So he’s basically depending on the mixer to adjust for him when he’s in his midrange, which is extraordinarily weak. It’s hard to expect a TV audio engineer to go “oh right, let’s down the vocals up for the second half of this verse, etc.” Axl’s all over the place, vocally.

Slash was the absolute MVP of the show. He really put on a tour de force, was playing great, and is rightly getting his credit online.

But I’m still shocked at how little gain he uses live with Guns these days. Either that or his volume knob is rolled off a bit much for my liking. C’mon Slash, just a bit more gain will make those notes sing a bit more! 

• Like 2