06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

Welcome to the Jungle

It's so Easy

Down on the Farm

That is the only opening song trio they should play at glasto. get them on side straight away with jungle, and then dedicate down on the farm to the festival, then theyve already won. 

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

19 minutes ago, gibbinson said:

If your a lefty it is. Download > Glastonbury 

Without venturing to much down the rabbit hole, I'd argue Download is more 'lefty' now... Glastonbury has a lot more national (unsure about, but would also presume, global) coverage and covers a wider range of genres. The media coverage in the build up to Glasto somewhat proves that. Don't tend to see Download getting full sets broadcasted live anymore.

32 minutes ago, gibbinson said:

If your a lefty it is. Download > Glastonbury 

So why is it the pinnacle of the reunion if you are a lefty
Are you saying then, that if you are a... righty that Download would have been the pinnacle?

Why? The reunion has been going for six(?) years. Why is this the pinnacle.

I don’t think Elton will be a GNR guest personally, just because Elton has this habit of favouring and lending his support to only the very newest, most contemporary artists. Yard Act etc. I’ve never heard of half the people he has on his RocketHour radio show. 

I could be wrong though, would be wild to see him waddle out on stage and belt out November Rain with Axl. 

4 minutes ago, Billy Cundy said:

I don’t think Elton will be a GNR guest personally, just because Elton has this habit of favouring and lending his support to only the very newest, most contemporary artists. Yard Act etc. I’ve never heard of half the people he has on his RocketHour radio show. 

I could be wrong though, would be wild to see him waddle out on stage and belt out November Rain with Axl. 

He's also very rehearsed. I saw him saying this week that he's been rehearsing his whole show, with the guests he's having so it's just what he wants. The idea he'd just turn up the night before and do something he hasn't even practiced seems very unlikely and out of character. 

12 hours ago, JimiRose said:

Welcome to the Jungle

It's so Easy

Down on the Farm

That is the only opening song trio they should play at glasto. get them on side straight away with jungle, and then dedicate down on the farm to the festival, then theyve already won. 

I think there's a strong chance of DOTF being played. Other than that I'm predicting a safe set maybe with a guest or two.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, alfierose said:

I think there's a strong chance of DOTF being played. Other than that I'm predicting a safe set maybe with a guest or two.

I think that DOTF has been brought back specially for Glastonbury. 

Yeah I think you're right. Safe set, with possibly Brian Jones/Angus Young for Back In Black. 

• Like 1

I wondered how long it would take grumpy old Noel to chime In with his opinion....honestly if Fernando had half a brain, he would collect all these articles, ping Axl and give him a greivance, a point to prove. Axl has always given more when he's backed into the corner with the world against him sorta thing (see Axl/DC as recent(ish) example...)

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/noel-gallagher-no-idea-why-070000655.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnVrLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHvKThEz83Tyi9vVKf3Wg8wAz4RTtHfcAaKprdplfJv-uKCRZD53skKiUFm0DCWMjuOCl45Zo05ITTJTrkaX3wykw3QbkFW2tP_h1GVQscOED6a42zvRadixdiTg4-jtwE_-k_FatpYTduZ7BblpukbqPEaLhH0phWfVWb-Pd6XS

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

I wondered how long it would take grumpy old Noel to chime In with his opinion....honestly if Fernando had half a brain, he would collect all these articles, ping Axl and give him a greivance, a point to prove. Axl has always given more when he's backed into the corner with the world against him sorta thing (see Axl/DC as recent(ish) example...)

https://uk.style.yahoo.com/noel-gallagher-no-idea-why-070000655.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvLnVrLw&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAHvKThEz83Tyi9vVKf3Wg8wAz4RTtHfcAaKprdplfJv-uKCRZD53skKiUFm0DCWMjuOCl45Zo05ITTJTrkaX3wykw3QbkFW2tP_h1GVQscOED6a42zvRadixdiTg4-jtwE_-k_FatpYTduZ7BblpukbqPEaLhH0phWfVWb-Pd6XS

Is there a rule that Glastonbury should only be Brit artists? Presumably British artists play festivals in other countries all the time.

I get that they aren't a typical choice for the Glastonbury regular crowd but I'm glad they're getting to do it even if it's just a bucket list type thing for the band themselves.

Hopefully they'll put on a good show and the audience will allow themselves to have a good time. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Is there a rule that Glastonbury should only be Brit artists? Presumably British artists play festivals in other countries all the time.

I get that they aren't a typical choice for the Glastonbury regular crowd but I'm glad they're getting to do it even if it's just a bucket list type thing for the band themselves.

Hopefully they'll put on a good show and the audience will allow themselves to have a good time. :lol:

It's an odd argument to take for sure. 

There's definitely one to be had about why Glastonbury is booking two old nostalgia acts in the place of newer, fresher talent (especially when they have always tried to push newer headliners and made bold statements to this effect in the past) but them not being British seems an odd argument to make. 

Edited by allwaystired
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Rkid!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

Liam's always been the better Gallagher

Edited by kanecrescente
  • Like 2

Funny - I always thought that Noel was a GnR fan. I remember him being very complimentary about their show at RIR3 (when Oasis were on the bill immediately before them) AND about Chinese Democracy.

On the other hand - he just can't resist giving a provocative opinion. Remember how he came unstuck a few years ago when he questioned the choice of Jay-Z as a Glastonbury headliner?