06/24/23 - Pilton, GB - Glastonbury Festival **TIMES & STREAM INFO IN FIRST POST**

alfierose

1 minute ago, mister mosh said:

See thats what I originally thought, but it said Guns N Roses + other highlights, so if they showed the full guns set how long would they have after to show other stuff?...Guns usually play for like 3+ hours right?...how long have they been alotted for Glasto set?

1st photo is BBC 2 schedule, and 2nd photo is festival schedule.

Screenshot-19.pngScreenshot-18.png

3 minutes ago, mister mosh said:

See thats what I originally thought, but it said Guns N Roses + other highlights, so if they showed the full guns set how long would they have after to show other stuff?...Guns usually play for like 3+ hours right?...how long have they been alotted for Glasto set?

2 hrs 15....but I've read that the soft deadline is 11.45pm and Glastonbury clear the fuck off curfew is 12.30. so they may be able to push it a little more...we'll see I guess.

Edited by colonizedmind

6 minutes ago, mister mosh said:

They’ll show the whole Guns show and the remaining time will be filled with highlights.  It’s a four hour slot from 2200 to 1400, so Guns won’t take anywhere near that up. 

Edited by Oxford

7 minutes ago, Brixtongeordie said:

The inclusion of the mushroom cloud imagery seems odd given a big part of the festival's identity is supporting CND. Also difficult to miss the giant CND logo at the top of the pyramid stage...

Oops I guess!

Or maybe they're being contrary. :lol:

Just now, colonizedmind said:

The sunset time in Pilton tonight is exactly 21.30...as the boys (and girl) start. I do like a set in the dark. So most of the 2nf half should be lit nicely by the light show.

Excellent.  Hope the Tor is lit up by by the sunset in the background.  With the clear skies and todays weather, it should be pretty epic tonight. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By the way...Axl joining Elton....Big IF but Elton has had "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" in his set this whole tour after a long absence....if memory services that's one of Axl's favourite EJ songs and of all time....he used to do it on the piano before NR too, right? Just a thought, if he did join him, maybe he could do that...It be a moment!

14 minutes ago, colonizedmind said:

2 hrs 15....but I've read that the soft deadline is 11.45pm and Glastonbury clear the fuck off curfew is 12.30. so they may be able to push it a little more...we'll see I guess.

Arctic Monkeys went on until after midnight, as did Macca last year, so GNR can absolutely push it somewhat. 

1 minute ago, colonizedmind said:

By the way...Axl joining Elton....Big IF but Elton has had "Someone Saved My Life Tonight" in his set this whole tour after a long absence....if memory services that's one of Axl's favourite EJ songs and of all time....he used to do it on the piano before NR too, right? Just a thought, if he did join him, maybe he could do that...It be a moment!

Mumsnet seem to think Britney will be Elton's special guest. No idea why? :lol:

Chrissie Hynde is on now - potential set guest?

Is anyone else nervous about this performance? This is the general public Guns are performing for and not their fan-base. I’m nervous in case people go after Axl because of how he sounds these days unless he really knocks it out the park. The Micky Mouse falsetto doesn’t sound good 

Edited by TheRipper75

Just now, TheRipper75 said:

Is anyone else nervous about this performance? This is the general public Guns are performing for and not their fan-base. I’m nervous in case people go after Axl because of how he sounds these days unless he really knocks or out the park. The Micky Mouse falsetto doesn’t sound good 

Yup, big time. But they’ve been delivering so far. 

5 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Mumsnet seem to think Britney will be Elton's special guest. No idea why? :lol:

Chrissie Hynde is on now - potential set guest?

Elton did a new version of one of his songs with Britney on a while back, but I think she's pretty unwell at the moment so I can't see it. 

• Like 1