Axl's past ( any interest or not allowed ??)

Omg, this thread has my absolute attention! I read the clipping about being hit by a car, that's just terrible. Honestly my mind went first if it was an accident or not seeing how his step-father has had many incidents involving vehicles but it didn't appear to be him that hit him 

• Like 1

A thread like this is so interesting because its when Axl Rose was Bill Bailey and a regular citizen who was years away from making it big. It reminds me of the archival footage uncovered last year of Prince giving an interview to a news reporter when he was 10 years old. Years away from becoming a legend and just a child.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, mystery said:

A thread like this is so interesting because its when Axl Rose was Bill Bailey and a regular citizen who was years away from making it big. It reminds me of the archival footage uncovered last year of Prince giving an interview to a news reporter when he was 10 years old. Years away from becoming a legend and just a child.

The Paradise City Lyrics,"Just a Street Urchin living under the street, I'm your charity case, so get me something to eat, I'll pay you another time, maybe take it to the end of the line," to me seems like if you take care of poor child William, his "Older brother," Axl who is wealthy will be VERY grateful you took care of his "Little, poor "Brother," William and take care of you too, maybe until you die. Whoever takes care of Poor William will be taken care of as well by Axl. 😀😏

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Dexterscollar said:

Have done some recent research on news articles about Axl's history.   Seeing if there is any interest on posting here or not.  I feel that his past has shaped who he has become today and alot of his music is semi-autobiographical.

-Newspaper articles incluse the 1964 trial of his father in relation to an assault on his mother ,(Axl 2 at tthe time)  numerous clippings on his fathers criminal history fro mthe 60's thru 1980's. 

- The 1974 newspaper article about Axl being hit by a car and hospitalised, aged 12

-A 1977 car crash involving his step -father injuring two cyclists (Axl 15 and still living with him)

I never heard Axl being hit by a car 😮

39 minutes ago, Ratam said:

I never heard Axl being hit by a car 😮

I feel like you have to be digging really deep to find this info and its interesting it was reported locally. Luckily it wasn't too severe that it set him back physically.

• Like 2

I have found these articles, too. But, although they are in public domain, I didn't feel comfortable to share them and that it would be too "intrusive," as they contain personal stuff not only about Axl but about his family...

Anyway, since they're brought up, what's interesting in the article about the 1964 trial is that his mother mentioned in her testimony that two-year-old Axl had been kidnapped by his father (which confirms that particular part of the story Axl would tell Rolling Stone years later).

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 1

Wow. What an intense childhood he had. I've read about his family background from his interview or other articles, but being hit by a car and his stepdad hitting two kids is new to me and absolutely horrible. This thread is an interesting one, thanks to @Dexterscollar (great name, btw).

• downzy locked this topic