Axl's past ( any interest or not allowed ??)

Have done some recent research on news articles about Axl's history.   Seeing if there is any interest on posting here or not.  I feel that his past has shaped who he has become today and alot of his music is semi-autobiographical.

-Newspaper articles incluse the 1964 trial of his father in relation to an assault on his mother ,(Axl 2 at tthe time)  numerous clippings on his fathers criminal history fro mthe 60's thru 1980's. 

- The 1974 newspaper article about Axl being hit by a car and hospitalised, aged 12

-A 1977 car crash involving his step -father injuring two cyclists (Axl 15 and still living with him)

Edited by Dexterscollar
spelling
  • Thanks 1
  • Wow 3

1 hour ago, Dexterscollar said:

Have done some recent research on news articles about Axl's history.   Seeing if there is any interest on posting here or not.  I feel that his past has shaped who he has become today and alot of his music is semi-autobiographical.

-Newspaper articles incluse the 1964 trial of his father in relation to an assault on his mother ,(Axl 2 at tthe time)  numerous clippings on his fathers criminal history fro mthe 60's thru 1980's. 

- The 1974 newspaper article about Axl being hit by a car and hospitalised, aged 12

-A 1977 car crash involving his step -father injuring two cyclists (Axl 15 and still living with him)

Absolutely shaped the grounded man he is today and it makes perfect sense on " those rants " back then , keeping everyone safe- His number 1 priporty  see the kind of mindset he is? Judging by your post I think all he knew was trauma growing up so we are lucky he is not fucked up or dead . if this is allowed of course i for one am very interested, Keep this mf going if you can.  thanks in advance..

Edited by WendiRosei

When most of us are young we do and say dumb things. Axl being in the limelight from day one with GNR is no exception.

I've seen Axl grow over the years. He seems very happy and content in his life now. I love it.

Most of us if we're lucky enough to live longer we do learn new things about our lives and usually grow up and do things better than we did when we were younger.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Dexterscollar said:

and alot of his music is semi-autobiographical.

This in spades.. This is why ballads and love songs about relationships never have interested me. I want the grit, feel  n knowledge and we certainly get this with Axls lyrics! Semi Autobiographical. I agree. So if people dare to AI that they should  clearly  think again. Sorry i am off topic there.

Interesting, had no Idea he had been knocked down by a car.

Always wondered if there were any news articles about his dads death, wasn't he shot execution style or something. I recall an interview in 1991 I think where Axl talked about him dying "at close range"

41 minutes ago, WendiRosei said:

This in spades.. This is why ballads and love songs about relationships never have interested me. I want the grit, feel  n knowledge and we certainly get this with Axls lyrics! Semi Autobiographical. I agree. So if people dare to AI that they should  clearly  think again. Sorry i am off topic there.

Yeah one line that really gets me is from Breakdown " like children hiding in a closet can't see what's going on outside"

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Shacklermyrye said:

Interesting, had no Idea he had been knocked down by a car.

Always wondered if there were any news articles about his dads death, wasn't he shot execution style or something. I recall an interview in 1991 I think where Axl talked about him dying "at close range"

He was killed by James Faulkner, yes I have found several articles in the paper of the time about hs 1987 murder trail, 1985 missing persons report and 1992 retrial

1 hour ago, D4NNY said:

Any pictures of these articles? Particularly the one about him being hit by a car! Pretty sad story if true

Yeah I've scanned them , and will link to them if admins allow

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • GNFNR 1

3 minutes ago, Dexterscollar said:

He was killed by James Faulkner, yes I have found several articles in the paper of the time about hs 1987 murder trail, 1985 missing persons report and 1992 retrial

You are pretty strong to be able to research these highly sensitive documents without the ...gloss and the ..."safety" of the magazines...so like , from what we already know (and that is horrific enough!!)  , (if that makes any sense Dexterscollar. ) to seeing a fkn newspaper hard copy or online , seeing that in print ...Wow...This thread feels gritty enough , and just the thought of that ..

2 minutes ago, WendiRosei said:

Okay it is all up to JAN.  JAN can you come ....No sleep 4 me tonight .

Well there are other mods she just came to mind first, one of them will have bobbed on by tommorow I would think

Just now, Shacklermyrye said:

Well there are other mods she just came to mind first, one of them will have bobbed on by tommorow I would think

Shackler... You & I both know tomorrow cannot come soon enough - Judging by our typing lol ...

it is going to be a long, long night. 

33 minutes ago, Dexterscollar said:

Yeah I've scanned them , and will link to them if admins allow

If they are genuine articles that were published at the time and factual -so not mistaken identity etc. then I don't see why not. Although @downzy has the final word as it's his site.

• Thanks 2

Just now, alfierose said:

If they are genuine articles that were published at the time and factual -so not mistaken identity etc. then I don't see why not. Although @downzy has the final word as it's his site.

Alfierose You are amazing to quickly come clarify, Thanks .  right so  now it is down to the owner. 

This was published on Feb 19th 1974,   Just to save any debate have 5 seperate documents linking Axl,  Anna Lintner, (grandmother) , Stephen (Step father), Sharon (mother) ,, and Amy (sister) all to this one address.  Behind the Frozen Custard Stand. , If you know , you know.

https://postimg.cc/gn0FSNYW

[url=https://postimg.cc/gn0FSNYW][img]https://i.postimg.cc/BQTSvVkX/Journal-and-Courier-Tue-Feb-19-1974.jpg[/img][/url]

Edited 2 minutes ago by Dexterscollar

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, WendiRosei said:

Who are the mods ? are they here ? will they let this?   Could the thread be rated 18 + ?  I would very . very much like to the scans please.

Considering these things happen in people's life who are under the age of 18 and they are most likely aware of what is going on, no.  You don't make child abuse and domestic violence a secret from children.  They need to know it's not okay.  It happens and if it's happening to them or their friends, they need to tell.  And especially get the message across they aren't the only one and they don't have to face this alone.

• Like 2