Succession

Fantastic show and marvellous finale. 

A Shakespearean tale for a modern audience. 

Also loved how the Tom-Greg relationship ended.  While I assumed that the main characters would end up hating each other and estranged, it was nice to see “The Disgusting Brothers” keep their thing going.  Would love to see a spin off that focused on these two going forward.

This show also had one of the best theme songs and overall score in a ling while. 

Not much to dislike about this show (other than it being over).   

• Like 2

Really loved the show. I just listened to a podcast and apparently there is some criticism because it's too white. I don't get that. It's an American filthy rich media concern family. Plus I'm pretty sure Ken's ex was a person of colour, and at least one of his kids too, and Jess, his assistant that quit because of Mencken. And then there was Stewy.

On IMDB the people that give it super low scores, are saying it's not relatable. And I wonder since when has that become a thing? I don't relate to any of the characters in Breaking Bad either, or Stranger Things or Dexter or whatever. People in series usually lead a slightly more exciting life than the average joe.

Anyway, I loved Succession and I think I will try to rewatch it. I rarely do that as I don't have that much time, but I think this would be worth it, as there are many small things that probably only make sense at the end and it's easy to miss them when you watch the first time, without knowing what it will all lead to in the end. It's a series that will stay with you after it's ended, trying to grasp all that's happened.

And yes, what was said before, the theme song is absolutely great, I'd never skip it.

Spoiler

The ending was great, but so heartbreaking. Even if they all are horrible people, you can't help but love them in some way, and I kept hoping they would all just stick together and work together as siblings. It was so nice when they were anointing the king and having fun together, and I was rooting for Ken anyway. It was clear that to him it was his whole life, he's been preparing for this his whole life and then seeing his sister taking that away from him, I hated it. She would rather be the puppet CEO's wife than let her brother take over the family business. So sad. And how humiliating for her. Both Lukas and Tom have betrayed her in the most awful ways and made her a fool, but she still goes along with it.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...