Slash and The Conspirators 2024 tour

A little off-topic but Slash has some beautiful Les Pauls.  He has been using a new one this tour a AAAA flamed maple cherry burst with a little red by the control knobs it also has a dark back.  I love Les Pauls they are stunning pieces of artwork and craftmanship its just a shame I can never buy one due to the price.

• Like 1

On 4/4/2024 at 11:11 PM, Oxford said:

That noodle went on forever.  Felt like half an hour and I love a long Slash noodle. As long as there’s just one.   Myles said he was getting a great vibe from the Brum crowd, although I didn’t feel it myself where I was.  But he seemed really in tune with it and said so a few times.  

He says that at every show. ;)

On 4/4/2024 at 10:11 PM, Oxford said:

That noodle went on forever.  Felt like half an hour and I love a long Slash noodle. As long as there’s just one.   Myles said he was getting a great vibe from the Brum crowd, although I didn’t feel it myself where I was.  But he seemed really in tune with it and said so a few times.  

Really? Interesting. He seemed a bit confused and flummoxed in Glasgow at the lack of atmosphere....

Perhaps because he was used to electric crowds in the past there....

Posted (edited)

Is it just me or does Slash always mess up the timing on the Spirit Love solo in this tour? Slash seems to badly struggle keeping time in that solo in all the videos from the 2024 tour that I've seen. He used to play it fairly well in 2022. 

You can look up any video from this tour and it's pretty much the same but here are a couple of examples:

And here's how he used to play it in 2022:

Not sure if he's trying something new with the solo or just forgot how to play it but it's been bugging me as it's my favorite song from 4. :wacko:

Edited by 22frets

5 hours ago, 22frets said:

Is it just me or does Slash always mess up the timing on the Spirit Love solo in this tour? Slash seems to badly struggle keeping time in that solo in all the videos of 2024 tour that I've seen. He used to play it fairly well in 2022. 

You can look up any video from this tour and it's pretty much the same but here are a couple of examples:

And here's how he used to play it in 2022:

Not sure if he's trying something new with the solo or just forgot how to play it but it's been bugging me as it's my favorite song from 4. :wacko:

Slash has been fucking up the timing of everything lately and it's honestly embarrassing to listen to at this point. I can't understand how he thinks this is acceptable.

Maybe the new Magnatone amp is shiet and not as easy to play as Marshall Jubilee. 

I wonder why Slash traveled today all the way to Sweden for hosting a pre listening party of Orgy of the Damned for a Swedish radio station. He must have some great friends/contacts in Sweden.. remember thats where he first spilled that he and Axl had became friends again in 2015

17 hours ago, evilfacelessturtle said:

Slash has been fucking up the timing of everything lately and it's honestly embarrassing to listen to at this point. I can't understand how he thinks this is acceptable.

He's still quite solid with his rhythm playing and only seems to mess up solos. I wonder if it's got to do with his switch to IEMs. Maybe he cannot hear the drums/rhythm guitar properly in his in-ear mix during solos and loses track of tempo. 

5 hours ago, 22frets said:

He's still quite solid with his rhythm playing and only seems to mess up solos. I wonder if it's got to do with his switch to IEMs. Maybe he cannot hear the drums/rhythm guitar properly in his in-ear mix during solos and loses track of tempo. 

It's been getting progressively worse since at least 2010, so I doubt that.