Slash and The Conspirators 2024 tour

15 hours ago, colonizedmind said:

I do think the invention of the smart phone was the worst and best thing for concerts EVER!

Also, venue matters, certain places STILL bring the good crowds and atmosphere....they are rarely arenas and certainly not stadiums.

I think as Bruce was saying in a article earlier this week...."I wouldn't pay a grand to see U2 live"...(Or anyone) 

Pricing lots of enthusiast fans out....

Prices have gone totally nuts,.since unless you're a top 20 artist....touring IS the music industry and music,.the excuse, rather than art, to do it....

Couldn't agree more on all those aspects. The live music world is very different (and worse in my view) for those of us able to remember how it was. 

• Like 3

Slash is too big to do theatre’s really. You’d have to do 4 or 5 nights in theatre to reach all the fans you get at even a 75% arena. 

But when you play bigger arenas, it can get a bit flat if lots of people don’t recognise the material. 

And believe it or not, most people don’t research a setlist before they buy a ticket. 

It’s a tough dilemma for sure. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

Slash is too big to do theatre’s really. You’d have to do 4 or 5 nights in theatre to reach all the fans you get at even a 75% arena. 

But when you play bigger arenas, it can get a bit flat if lots of people don’t recognise the material. 

And believe it or not, most people don’t research a setlist before they buy a ticket. 

I don't know about that. Last time he came to the UK he did 3 or 4 theatre sized venues in different cities.....this time nearly all Arenas, which apparently didn't sell too well.

Theatres is his level these days I think. 

As for setlists.....well, if people go expecting GNR songs, that's on them really. He hasn't done more than one for a couple of tours, and if they cared enough they could easily find that out before they buy a ticket. It's a SMKC show, and, rightly, that's what the set is. 

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, allwaystired said:

As for setlists.....well, if people go expecting GNR songs, that's on them really. He hasn't done more than one for a couple of tours, and if they cared enough they could easily find that out before they buy a ticket. It's a SMKC show, and, rightly, that's what the set is. 

Yes 100%. 

As I said in my post earlier, shows are good for sure, but I'd just like to hear him do some Snakepit stuff.

I've only heard one Snakepit track live. Gilby played Monkey Chow both times I saw him live (I believe he wrote the track for Snakepit) and it was great to hear it both times (2006 and 2012).

• Like 1

12 hours ago, jacdaniel said:

I actually think that's the way everybody should go to a gig. Zero preparation or looking up what will be played. Now... With Slash he said pretty clearly there would not be gnr material, it's not his fault if people are checked out and not following his interviews or setlist fm but have tickets. On the flip side, Slash and his team can access geographic data for how well songs are liked/listened to know which songs are going to perform well, so he could have chosen from his solo catalog a little more carefully IMO.

• Like 1

Even GNR cant get audiences jumping and partying all night. The highs of the show (audience standpoint) are always a few opening songs, Welcome To The Jungle and Sweet Child O mine. 

I dont know maybe the audiences are old or theres not enough drugs or alcohol involved. I have learned not to mind, Im having a good time and partying trough the gig. I also like to be respectful to those around me and not jump all the time even if I wanted to.

So my point is that if Slash added a few hits it would create audience reaction. If he chose differently from SMKC catalogue I dont think it would make much difference

• Like 1

17 hours ago, janrichmond said:

Great show tonight, I'm home and I'm knackered. 

@Dazey what did you think?

Loved it. Didn't know most of the songs but Don't Damn Me was a real highlight. :headbang:

• Like 1
  • GNFNR 1

5 minutes ago, MaskingApathy said:

What did you think of the show Jan?

I loved it! Todd is so good and you can see that they had a lot of fun playing, very different to GNR ;)

I bought seated tickets which is a first for me, I'll stick to standing in future. Really good setlist taken from all the albums. It must have been a sold-out show or very near to sold-out

:headbang::slash:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DoMw94 said:

Thank you! Is there a way to do it without uploading them to another site first?

Only by becoming a member, otherwise, you have to use a hosting site first.

Membership is a one-off payment for life, here's the link if you want to have a look. 

On 4/5/2024 at 11:47 AM, allwaystired said:

I don't know about that. Last time he came to the UK he did 3 or 4 theatre sized venues in different cities.....this time nearly all Arenas, which apparently didn't sell too well.

Theatres is his level these days I think. 

Slash without GNR pulls in between 1000-3000 a night as an average depending on the size of the market. He also gets a smaller guarantee than most people think and takes the door deal. His VIP programs do well for ancillary income. Anyone who thinks slash can pull an arena crowd solo is completely delusional. The small arenas/amps he plays aren’t expensive shows and have a super low break even point for the promoter/venue so if the deal makes sense, he’ll be booked there.

Duff gets booked at 500-1000 type clubs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

47 minutes ago, IzzysMissy said:

Slash without GNR pulls in between 1000-3000 a night as an average depending on the size of the market. He also gets a smaller guarantee than most people think and takes the door deal. His VIP programs do well for ancillary income. Anyone who thinks slash can pull an arena crowd solo is completely delusional. The small arenas/amps he plays aren’t expensive shows and have a super low break even point for the promoter/venue so if the deal makes sense, he’ll be booked there.

Duff gets booked at 500-1000 type clubs.

You’re probably not well informed but Slash with SMKC have outsell arenas with a capacity of 14-15 thousand here in Europe. I don’t know how well his current tour is attended but he has pulled arena crowds regularly outside of the US

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Free Bird said:

You’re probably not well informed but Slash with SMKC have outsell arenas with a capacity of 14-15 thousand here in Europe. I don’t know how well his current tour is attended but he has pulled arena crowds regularly outside of the US

Im so sorry. I’m obviously the most misinformed person on this site. I’ll just be on my way! Carry on! It’s AWESOME that slash (playing no gnr songs) can pull in 15k people a night.

• Haha 2